IGNORED

What club

Red Army 75

Sheffield Wednesday. Grew up near there, so surrounded by their fans. And that's when they were good, top flight and in Europe. City were in division 3. Imagine school. Started liking it when Wednesday lost to shut people up, over time that grew into wanting them to lose every week and that feeling has never really gone away, even having left the area years ago.

As an ex Tractor Boy now defected to City from geographical inevitability (and, of course, for reasons of good taste) I know I OUGHT to hate Rovers and Norwich - but, tbh, I just don't - though jokes about the Gas and Delia Smith are always highly entertaining and I try to commit both whenever possible.

However - I do detest both Manchester sides and Chelsea because of their obscene wealth and arrogance; back in the real world, I dislike Leeds (following bad behaviour at Portman Road) so look forward to Tuesday night; and am developing a dislike for Rotherham.

Otherwise, good luck to 'em all - except when playing City (or Town). We are all in it together, after all, outside the Premiership.

Any one that Warnock is managing, Man Utd and Chelsea.

The Warnock thing is obvious, Man Utd and Chelsea because of all the cling on fans. Man U especially because the father in law is an avid manx and he drives me insane, as far as he's concerned no one else should kick a ball and they are the only team to have ever played the game. So blinkered it beggars belief. 

Having said that it's a bit hypocritical as I grew up cheering on Liverpool until I when I was about 12 I realised there's a team on my doorstep. But I like to think I'm not a nob head about it...

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Obviously as city fans we dislike Cardiff rovers swindon. But what random club do people dislike. Mine is Manchester United. Ever since i was a kid . Everything about them just seems to irritate me . Who's yours and why

Completely agree, have hated everything about the club since my earliest memory of the club over 40 years ago,  a time when they were winning nothing. 

Rovers, Cardiff, Swindon.

My late old man and my little brother both supported City first but also Man U. My brother even had one of those clock watches that hung on the wall in Man U regalia. So I hate Man U.

Also dislike Bournemouth (bit of a bogey team for us in the 90s and especially at Dean Court) and also Barnsley for taking Darren Barnard... Bastards.

Rovers, Cardiff, Swindon obviously but also Rangers, Linfield and Birmingham.

I have a soft spot for Celtic who have overcome bigotry and discrimination on a massive scale to survive and flourish, Dundalk, Cliftonville, Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest (memories of the 70's).

Archived