IGNORED

Tammy Abraham - Goal Soring Machine

Clevedon Red

What do we want Chelsea to do? Have an average season and then spend £40million on big name strikers to appease the fans, think Tammy is only 18/19, lets send him back to the team where he scored 35 (!) goals as he was settled and playing well for another season.

3 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Must be exciting for Vitesse Arnhem knowing this lad is coming their way next season ;)

In all seriousness though he looks a top talent, just hope he isn't wasted like many of them are at Chelsea.

The sentiment of your comment is bang on. The worry with clubs like Chelsea is they stockpile good quality talent. It's a no lose situation for them. 

Unfortunately, Tammy won't be with us next season , unless we get promoted! But he won't be playing for Chelsea, next step for him us Swansea, Boro, to see if he can play in the premiership

5 hours ago, simon uk said:

It was ian muir at tranmere, i think he got at least one in the playoffs. Had the david kelly, steve bull curse over us i think.

Wow, my first thought was John Aldridge.  I'm not worthy!

7 minutes ago, daored said:

The sentiment of your comment is bang on. The worry with clubs like Chelsea is they stockpile good quality talent. It's a no lose situation for them. 

Unfortunately, Tammy won't be with us next season , unless we get promoted! But he won't be playing for Chelsea, next step for him us Swansea, Boro, to see if he can play in the premiership

If we were to get promoted, imagine the reaction if we got him for another year?  Having said that, good chance Chelsea see us as a good club to loan their players too.  No bad thing.

11 minutes ago, grifty said:

What do we want Chelsea to do? Have an average season and then spend £40million on big name strikers to appease the fans, think Tammy is only 18/19, lets send him back to the team where he scored 35 (!) goals as he was settled and playing well for another season.

Talked about this on the way home & my prediction is 35 goals.... why not!? Even when teams figure him out, will they be able to stop him? Probably not!

Best case scenario at the end of the season, we approach Chelsea for another season... what harm can it do him? They're not going to play a 19 year old every week, so leave him with us to nurture.

4 minutes ago, Strawberry2157. said:

Talked about this on the way home & my prediction is 35 goals.... why not!? Even when teams figure him out, will they be able to stop him? Probably not!

Best case scenario at the end of the season, we approach Chelsea for another season... what harm can it do him? They're not going to play a 19 year old every week, so leave him with us to nurture.

In my opinion, you cannot stop the goals he is scoring. They are pure strikers instinct, six yard box, poachers goals. Defenders may mark him very well and he can be quiet but when the ball is loose in that box he is deadly. 

What I love is when he has the ball you can tell the opposition are absolutely freightened of what he is going to do next. 

8 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

In my opinion, you cannot stop the goals he is scoring. They are pure strikers instinct, six yard box, poachers goals. Defenders may mark him very well and he can be quiet but when the ball is loose in that box he is deadly. 

What I love is when he has the ball you can tell the opposition are absolutely freightened of what he is going to do next. 

Not sure I've ever seen a player turn on the ball that quickly, not someone of that stature anyway...

Was an interesting comment made by Tammy the other week where Bobby Reid had told him that when Joe Bryan crosses, make sure you get there early, because often the balls got a lot of pace on it.  Cue Bobby listening to his own words v Rotherham!  But also the last couple of Tammy's goals have been where he's got ahead of his man and got his rewards.

2 hours ago, daored said:

They're already being linked with a world record bid next summer for Antoine Griezmann.

I think Griezmann is a fantastic player but it sort of makes the production of their young talents just pointless. Patrick Bamford is on his 6th loan away from Chelsea now and I'm pretty sure he's never kicked a ball for them? He's wasting his time and should leave permanently. Part of the problem is these young lads are often waiting around for a chance that just isn't going to come around but they don't realise it.

From a national team point of view - we just have to hope Abraham doesn't end up in a similar situation to Bamford. Or that Izzy Brown lad from Chelsea who's doing well for Rotherham on loan. Think they've got another class young striker as well called Dom Solanke who scored a few for Vitesse last season at 18 years of age.

For our national team to become a success these sort of talented young lads need to be given more opportunities at their parent clubs instead of constantly being farmed out on loan deals. I bet there's loads of potential new Rashfords at the big clubs who just aren't being given a chance.

Don't get me wrong, the loan system can be great for youngsters getting experience and games like Abraham is now - but IMHO it's often abused by Premier League clubs as they stockpile youngsters as a result!

8 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

They're already being linked with a world record bid next summer for Antoine Griezmann.

I think Griezmann is a fantastic player but it sort of makes the production of their young talents just pointless. Patrick Bamford is on his 6th loan away from Chelsea now and I'm pretty sure he's never kicked a ball for them? He's wasting his time and should leave permanently. Part of the problem is these young lads are often waiting around for a chance that just isn't going to come around but they don't realise it.

From a national team point of view - we just have to hope Abraham doesn't end up in a similar situation to Bamford. Or that Izzy Brown lad from Chelsea who's doing well for Rotherham on loan. Think they've got another class young striker as well called Dom Solanke who scored a few for Vitesse last season at 18 years of age.

For our national team to become a success these sort of talented young lads need to be given more opportunities at their parent clubs instead of constantly being farmed out on loan deals. I bet there's loads of potential new Rashfords at the big clubs who just aren't being given a chance.

Don't get me wrong, the loan system can be great for youngsters getting experience and games like Abraham is now - but IMHO it's often abused by Premier League clubs as they stockpile youngsters as a result!

You are right re. Bamford. 

In fairness, Abraham has already played 2 games for Chelsea. They see him as the next big thing. 

I've never heard that being said of Bamford. He's just a half decent player who Chelsea own. 

17 hours ago, Clevedon Red said:

10 goals in the first 2 months. How many will he end up with? 20? 30? 40???

Didn't hold the ball up atall well yesterday,first touch was actually poor....I know,get my hat n coat,but that's the way I saw it.....still very much learning and with the great attitude he has will be some player....would be a dream to get him back on another loan next year.

7 hours ago, pnefcok said:

The thing to bear in mind with Chelsea and their 38 players out on loan, is that they see it as a 'business' they get a loan fee from the clubs that are borrowing the player and a %, if not all, of the players' wages are payed by the club borrowing the player. Player goes on loan does well and everyone is happy, start of the next season Chelsea decide if there is a place in their squad for the player, if not he goes out on loan again and again a loan fee is paid. Alternatively, another club makes a bid for the player and then Chelsea have a decision to make - Chelsea actually cant lose, at very little cost to them a player ,

a) Gets more experience

b) He is in the shop window should they decide to sell

c) They make money out of him through the loan fee

I agree with the point that a number of players careers have stalled e.g.. Bamford, but I am sure that he has had chances to move permanently but has chosen to stay in the hope that he will eventually get into the first team squad, not that I think that is likely!

It will be interesting to see what happens with Tammy, there is little doubt he could become very very special and maybe he will get his chance but with all the money available now and the demand for instant success, you cannot be sure.

I think at the end of the season we offer Chelsea a 10 - year loan deal for Tammy, I am sure Mark Ashton can talk them into that :)!

Archived