IGNORED

Tammy Abraham - Goal Soring Machine

Clevedon Red

Clubs usually expect their main marksman to score twenty goals per season. With ten goals in twelve appearances, Tammy is on schedule to exceed that target and feasibly hit thirty.

I've dived into the record book for Bristol's most prolific scorer in one season. For City it was Bob Taylor in 88-89 with 34 goals in 46 appearances. The most prolific though was Alfie Biggs at Rovers in 63-64 who bagged 37 goals (three more) in 56 appearances (ten more).

One City record I'd like to see smashed, but probably never will was that set in 37-38 by Alfie Rowles; he scored 12 goals in his first six games. That remains a League record for a player starting his career.

6 minutes ago, 22A said:

Clubs usually expect their main marksman to score twenty goals per season. With ten goals in twelve appearances, Tammy is on schedule to exceed that target and feasibly hit thirty.

I've dived into the record book for Bristol's most prolific scorer in one season. For City it was Bob Taylor in 88-89 with 34 goals in 46 appearances. The most prolific though was Alfie Biggs at Rovers in 63-64 who bagged 37 goals (three more) in 56 appearances (ten more).

One City record I'd like to see smashed, but probably never will was that set in 37-38 by Alfie Rowles; he scored 12 goals in his first six games. That remains a League record for a player starting his career.

Remember the season super bob did that. Think he finished 2nd in the league charts though. Seem to recall a player at Tranmere scored 1 more???

40 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

Remember the season super bob did that. Think he finished 2nd in the league charts though. Seem to recall a player at Tranmere scored 1 more???

Bob Taylor was top scored in Division 3 but nationally he was beaten by Micky Quinn of Newcastle. There were 27 league goals in Bob's 34. Three hat-tricks too

4 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Fair play...I accept I am wrong!

Even so, it's going to be one hell of a season of he keeps up this strike rate. 

You maybe right I just heard Abraham and aguero were neck and neck on the radio earlier.. I haven't checked the facts :)

3 hours ago, 22A said:

Using those stats I make it that Taylor is more prolific that Biggs, because of the goal per game ratio.

Obviously that can't be used on every player otherwise someone who scored a hat trick in their only appearance of the season would win it, but after a certain number of games it's viable

2 hours ago, simon uk said:

It was ian muir at tranmere, i think he got at least one in the playoffs. Had the david kelly, steve bull curse over us i think.

Thanks for bringing his name up.

I'm going to have to get the night light out tonight and ring my psychiatrist first thing Monday morning.

2 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

Thanks for bringing his name up.

I'm going to have to get the night light out tonight and ring my psychiatrist first thing Monday morning.

That 90s Tranmere side was good mind. Ian Muir, Johnny Morrissey, Ged Brannan, Eric Nixon in goal, Dave Challinor, John Mcgreal, Pat Nevin to name but a few. They used to stuff us every time we played them.

27 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Described by The Guardian tonight as the outstanding player in the Championship so far.:clapping:

Just has the knack doesnt he? Not exactly scoring goals of the season, but has the speed of reaction in the box that just makes him stand out. No issues with Kodjia at all, but comparing the two, Tammy just seems to have that sixth sense of knowing where the ball may go before it gets there. 

Equally, whilst he is popping them in like a hero, would have half the goals if other players were not giving him the chances.

The only nagging fear I have is that by rights, this team should take a while to settle, and I would have expected a real push next season. Enjoy him while he is here, but crickey he is going to be hard to replace.

Archived