IGNORED

Fulham at Ashton Gate Less than a Year Ago - Revenge is Finally Ours!

Xiled

Incredible to think that Fulham humiliated us 4-1 at Ashton Gate on 31st October 2015.  Doom and gloom from all corners after such an emphatic reverse.

Since then 2-1, 2-1 and now 4-0.  I think we've buried those demons.

"Can we play you twice a week!"

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Because City have strengthened and improved more than Fulham have.

Add to that a young manager with fresh ideas.....

If you believe this:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/fulham/english-football-teams/fulham-transfers

Fulham have spent £12M since the end of last season and sold their star striker to a Championship side (McCormack to Derby).

Sound familiar?

Huge credit to Lee Johnson and other BCFC staff for giving us a team with the belief that they can win at places like Fulham. Plenty to do yet but this is a great marker.

14 hours ago, Xiled said:

If you believe this:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/fulham/english-football-teams/fulham-transfers

Fulham have spent £12M since the end of last season and sold their star striker to a Championship side (McCormack to Derby).

Sound familiar?

Huge credit to Lee Johnson and other BCFC staff for giving us a team with the belief that they can win at places like Fulham. Plenty to do yet but this is a great marker.

Didn't McCormack go to Villa?

33 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep. And Dembele went to Celtic for nothing after his contract ran down. Was always going to be a struggle to replace those two. Their fans don`t think Martin is the answer either and they seem to be saying he`s only on loan there until January when they have an agreement to buy him for £9m! I thought he went there on deadline day for £5m.

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

My mistake...was thinking about Derby because it looks like we dodged a bullet with Pearson.  3 goals from his team for the league season so far and he's getting to the erratic interviews stage again.

2 minutes ago, Xiled said:

My mistake...was thinking about Derby because it looks like we dodged a bullet with Pearson.  3 goals from his team for the league season so far and he's getting to the erratic interviews stage again.

I must admit I was well up for taking Pearson as our manager after Cotts left. Why can't previously successful managers seem to do well at Derby?! Eg McClaren and Pearson.

They are struggling big time this season

My mate got us VIP tickets that day through a work raffle. The three course dinner and drinks was rather nice in the new South Stand, but Lordy we were bad. 1-0 down within 2 mins and just never got into the game.

Absolutely torn apart at will, we made Fulham look incredible. To be fair to them, we couldn't handle McCormack or Dembele all afternoon. 

0-4 down at half time, and then walking back in to 'tea and scones' probably the most weird and surreal experience I've had watching any sport, anywhere. 

Made me realise how being part of the atmosphere and in amongst the energy in the stands is what it's all about! As nice as the food and hospitality was, give me a normal match day anytime. 

As for Fulham, they started really well but with the momentum we're building, and considering how far we've come since the 1-4 at home, I'm getting pretty excited about the potential of this team!

28 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I must admit I was well up for taking Pearson as our manager after Cotts left. Why can't previously successful managers seem to do well at Derby?! Eg McClaren and Pearson.

They are struggling big time this season

Same for me, although I wasn't disappointed with Lee Johnson's appointment and it was never the 'cheap' option that some claimed compared to Pearson.  No doubt he would have been a divisive figure - that can work well when players 'need a rocket' but he might have broken the morale that still existed last season even when the team were losing most games.  What I don't get is how Derby can visit the Gate in April and look pretty comfortable in a 3-2 win and then start the season so badly in August.

17 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

As for Fulham, they started really well but with the momentum we're building, and considering how far we've come since the 1-4 at home, I'm getting pretty excited about the potential of this team!

Funny how a 4-1 defeat (at home) can feel like the end of the world but a 4-0 win (away) is a result we've been half-expecting since the new players joined us this summer.  Reading the Fulham forums, they described us as quick-on-the-break, efficient, and clinical.  I'd love to see a few more away days like the last two.

Archived