IGNORED

Bobby Reid

Robin 101

I'm sure there could be thread on almost all the players after this game but the lads absolute quality. Never thought he could play in a midfield two but boy was I wrong. All over the pitch one of the best midfield performances I've seen by a city player and capped it off with a fantastic goal.

"One of our own" all right

11 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

..and to think ONeil and Smith weren't even on the bench 

That's a big point , our best player for the last couple of years and the best so far this year and we barely noticed. The squad is now a proper squad, options all over the pitch. Goals through the team as well , and now a clean sheet. Next thing you know we'll be beating Leeds :fingerscrossed:

Thought we would miss GON today but sounds like the lads had a stormer today and BR had a good game. He needed to kick on this year and it looks like the penny has dropped and LJ has worked wonders on his game. He seems to have filled out a bit and looks stronger and also pops up with goals and assists in the role he plays.

Really pleasing to see two Bristol lads doing well ins young exciting team 

53 minutes ago, LeeTomlin10 said:

Hes gonna be keeping a fit Korey Smith out at this rate!

It's going to be a tough decision for LJ, but one thing in Reid's favour is goals. For all his endevour, Korey Smith just doesn't score, but Bobby does. 

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

That's a big point , our best player for the last couple of years and the best so far this year and we barely noticed. The squad is now a proper squad, options all over the pitch. Goals through the team as well , and now a clean sheet. Next thing you know we'll be beating Leeds :fingerscrossed:

every one talks about smith being our best player, but our record without him is as good as it is with him and that includes before o'neil  joined. He wasn't in the teams that beat Forrest or Fulham away or the team that beat Huddersfield at home, I really rate him but unlike some fans I also see his weaker side - and that is his vision to pass quickly. He seems to need to stop and look up on the ball. In those games I mentioned and today 1 touch football was superb and smith would not have improved this. 

Always said that he'd shine at this level, was impressed with him last season under Cotts but he seems to be improving all the time. He's more suited to this level than league 1, he's definitely a gifted player and very good at reading the game. Glad he's one of our own! Keep it up Bobby & the rest of the team! :clap:

Roll on tuesday! 

11 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

every one talks about smith being our best player, but our record without him is as good as it is with him and that includes before o'neil  joined. He wasn't in the teams that beat Forrest or Fulham away or the team that beat Huddersfield at home, I really rate him but unlike some fans I also see his weaker side - and that is his vision to pass quickly. He seems to need to stop and look up on the ball. In those games I mentioned and today 1 touch football was superb and smith would not have improved this. 

Smith our worst player today clearly, let's give him a good dressing down

27 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

That was part of my point , I think Smith was very influential over the previous 2 seasons , Oneil has be important this, and we were good without either. Whether Smith walks straight back in is debatable , we have very few automatic picks ( Tammy , Bryan , Oneil? ....... ) the whole squad is being used without any notable weakening , and that is a massive step in the right direction

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

That was part of my point , I think Smith was very influential over the previous 2 seasons , Oneil has be important this, and we were good without either. Whether Smith walks straight back in is debatable , we have very few automatic picks ( Tammy , Bryan , Oneil ) the whole squad is being used without any notable weakening , and that is a massive step in the right direction

It will largely depend on whether we go attacking or defensive. Rotherham at home, just one DM but Newcastle away two or even three if one`s Marlon.

18 minutes ago, BS3rich said:

Always said that he'd shine at this level, was impressed with him last season under Cotts but he seems to be improving all the time. He's more suited to this level than league 1, he's definitely a gifted player and very good at reading the game. Glad he's one of our own! Keep it up Bobby & the rest of the team! :clap:

Roll on tuesday! 

He's a constant reminder of why I'm thick - along with SC and Wilbraham. This time last year it would have been a l'et his contract run down and release' from me. How bloody foolish. He's now among the first tier players for us. 

I didn't ever buy into the he's good/shit argument for the simple reason he barely had enough of a run in the team to form an accurate opinion.

He always showed flashes of quality but equally, he also looked poor on occasions but that can possibly be down to not having the managers confidence in him which LJ obviously has.

He now seems to be getting a fair chunk of game time and is showing what he can do on a regular basis which is wonderful to see. Long may it continue 

Archived