IGNORED

Bobby Reid

Robin 101

1 minute ago, RED4LIFE said:

I didn't ever buy into the he's good/shit argument for the simple reason he barely had enough of a run in the team to form an accurate opinion.

He always showed flashes of quality but equally, he also looked poor on occasions but that can possibly be down to not having the managers confidence in him which LJ obviously has.

He now seems to be getting a fair chunk of game time and is showing what he can do on a regular basis which is wonderful to see. Long may it continue 

My problem with him stemmed from good in attack, always looked culpable to put us on the back foot. He's really improved his game intelligence (iro risk) though and now he doesn't give me the jitters at all. Indeed I'm disappointed when he doesn't spark. 

9 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

That was part of my point , I think Smith was very influential over the previous 2 seasons , Oneil has be important this, and we were good without either. Whether Smith walks straight back in is debatable , we have very few automatic picks ( Tammy , Bryan , Oneil? ....... ) the whole squad is being used without any notable weakening , and that is a massive step in the right direction

It is, and one of the reasons I think we got away without O'Neil today was because of how well Pack stepped up to the plate.

I had kind of assumed some weeks back when everyone was fit it would be two of O Neil, Pack and Smith. Increasingly think is is two from them and Reil, depending on the opponents.

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

My problem with him stemmed from good in attack, always looked culpable to put us on the back foot. He's really improved his game intelligence (iro risk) though and now he doesn't give me the jitters at all. Indeed I'm disappointed when he doesn't spark

I can see exactly what you mean but I feel there were a number of extenuating circumstances which kind of hampered his early career with us, such as youth, body size and possibly confidence too.

The part I've highlighted in your post i totally agree with and shows just how far he's come in the last 18 months or so.

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

One of my favourite things about the current team, so glad he got given a chance and has proven to everyone the quality he has. Didn't realise he had such strong defensive abilities but was everywhere today. Hope he's not benched when Smith comes back in. 

Perfect scenario really. A player returning from injury shouldn't be put straight back in a team. In an ideal world it would be a gradual transition considerin how long he's been out. So the fact he now has to win his place back due to the form of other squad members is a place as a club we've not been in for a while. Crazy to think that  possibly our best player now has to fight for his place in the squad. Good times indeed.

The thing I love about this game is the fine margins. We had a great start to the season then we have a couple of loses and the boat was rocked and it looked all doom and gloom again (at least in some people's eyes) then a couple of good results and the world now seems abetter place. A roller coaster ride it most definetly is.

Really noticed a difference in a couple of games where he played on the (sort of ) left of a 3 and his link up with JB was excellent. His vision and decision making was noticeably better than some. I hope he keeps on improving, he has the right mix of players around him now.

25 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Really noticed a difference in a couple of games where he played on the (sort of ) left of a 3 and his link up with JB was excellent. His vision and decision making was noticeably better than some. I hope he keeps on improving, he has the right mix of players around him now.

Pack plays well with Reid and vice versa, I noticed this last season at Fulham and Forrest. Pack can do a decent ball himself. Look at the pass for Patterson for the first goal, but mostly pack draws the midfielder and then gets it to Bobby's feet which means he can use his passing skill, which is considerable. Pack also occasionally comes to his rescue when he's caught in possession deep. 

44 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

I can see exactly what you mean but I feel there were a number of extenuating circumstances which kind of hampered his early career with us, such as youth, body size and possibly confidence too.

The part I've highlighted in your post i totally agree with and shows just how far he's come in the last 18 months or so.

You liked a typo - meant to say start. But totally agree :chant6ez:

2 hours ago, cityexile said:

It is, and one of the reasons I think we got away without O'Neil today was because of how well Pack stepped up to the plate.

I had kind of assumed some weeks back when everyone was fit it would be two of O Neil, Pack and Smith. Increasingly think is is two from them and Reil, depending on the opponents.

....and that's not including Brownhill who seems to be growing in a City shirt.

He was outstanding second half: one touch passing, his drive from midfield and he's developed a hell of a shot on him, that part of his game has come on leaps and bounds and is a real bonus.

However, and I feel it gets lost somewhat with the end result and how well it all turned out, i thought he really struggled first half, gave the ball away and was beaten far too easily, and against the better sides I'd still prefer him further forward rather than in a midfield 2.

Last year a few people commented on his size, but the guys is very muscular and carrying very low body fat - I imagine if Reid is tussling you or pushing you of the ball with his low centre of mass and muscle your going to know about it

13815583-large.jpg

Bobby+Reid+Bristol+City+v+West+Bromwich+

Bobby+Reid+Bristol+City+v+MK+Dons+Sky+Be

Bobby+Reid+Bath+City+v+Bristol+City+Pre+

Bobby+Reid+Plymouth+Argyle+v+Northampton

55 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Last year a few people commented on his size, but the guys is very muscular and carrying very low body fat - I imagine if Reid is tussling you or pushing you of the ball with his low centre of mass and muscle your going to know about it

13815583-large.jpg

This is all getting a bit homo-erotic now.

Suggest watching TopGun and going for a little lie down.

7 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Mmm, those pictures are excellent

Sorry, wait, what? Just been dreaming. 

:yes:  it's ok for those of us confident in our sexuality - but maybe we should remember some people do feel uneasy at seeing pictures of lithe, young, sexy.....ummm what was I saying again ? :whistle:

3 hours ago, Fiale said:

13815583-large.jpg

Own up then what are all those pics doing together on your laptop? :ph34r:

Archived