IGNORED

Crowd for Leeds game

Loosey Boy

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'm amazed we have sold so many.

I hadn't realised we had a game on Tuesday! (Honestly)

And this is where I feel the club could improve. Billboards, radio campaign, advertising the up coming fixtures( and in the case  of Leeds, Notts Forest etc, even "bigging up" the opposition)

10 hours ago, Spoonbed said:

And this is where I feel the club could improve. Billboards, radio campaign, advertising the up coming fixtures( and in the case  of Leeds, Notts Forest etc, even "bigging up" the opposition)

All of which costs money. You have to be convinced that such advertising is going to pay back. Realistically how many people will go and watch a game of football because they saw it advertised on a billboard? In the Internet age, I'm dubious.

11 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

I still think the club should be doing all they can to push tickets, they don't seem to do alot.

Don't know if the away tickets were included in that figure. I can't find anywhere if they've sold out or not.

It very unlike Leeds not to bring a big following anywhere, any day. 

It doesn't look like they've had their initial allocation of 1,800 increased. 

I'm surprised we allowed them a beam back for a game they hadn't sold out, although maybe the saving on police costs is great than another 1,000 tickets being sold to dirty Leeds! 

55 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

All of which costs money. You have to be convinced that such advertising is going to pay back. Realistically how many people will go and watch a game of football because they saw it advertised on a billboard? In the Internet age, I'm dubious.

Not just for games, but pushing the BCFC "brand" as much as possible. 

58 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If billboards didn't work, advertising agencies wouldn't spend 1000s of pounds on them. I think they are a great idea! 

59 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Weston Super Mare advertise their fixtures in the Weston and Worle area, and must surely operate on a minute budget. No reason why city can't. 

11 hours ago, Spoonbed said:

I think that as BCFC get plenty of coverage on local radio, the EP/WDP and BBC sport website in terms of Championship football combined with circa 14000 ST holders and a 'fixture list' then those interested in going will do so without the need for expensive extra advertising.

If this City team progress and continue to play football that is a joy to watch then this alone and more than any other factor will ensure sell out crowds.  

26 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

If billboards didn't work, advertising agencies wouldn't spend 1000s of pounds on them. I think they are a great idea! 

I'm not saying they don't work at all, I'm just dubious about the payback when it comes to advertising football matches happening on a short timescale. Very different from advertising a bottle of shampoo. Certainly not claiming to be an expert though, I may be wrong.

Hear from , local plumbers, garages and carpet shops on the radio so a "Come to AG to watch your local Championship side Bristol City take on Leeds Utd... and the bier and pies arn' bad either !"   "Fancy a decent coffee, sandwich and QUALITY football ? Local Championship side Bristol City v Leeds Utd this Tuesday"

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I'm not saying they don't work at all, I'm just dubious about the payback when it comes to advertising football matches happening on a short timescale. Very different from advertising a bottle of shampoo. Certainly not claiming to be an expert though, I may be wrong.

Maybe some caption ones would work well. We do have some billboards around town. 

Things like "the countries top scorer plays at Ashton Gate"

"20,000 crowds - why don't you join them?"

"we are going places. Come and join in the fun!"

"we can achieve big things with your support"

have a big push at half season tickets & quid a kid matches.

Even a panoramic image of inside the stadium for those who haven't yet been in there  

etc. Changing them regularly to keep them fresh and noticed. 

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Maybe some caption ones would work well. We do have some billboards around town. 

Things like "the countries top scorer plays at Ashton Gate"

"20,000 crowds - why don't you join them?"

"we are going places. Come and join in the fun!"

"we can achieve big things with your support"

have a big push at half season tickets & quid a kid matches.

Even a panoramic image of inside the stadium for those who haven't yet been in there  

etc. Changing them regularly to keep them fresh and noticed. 

"We got a maccky gurt telly in the ground. Come and see it".

5 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You'd be surprised how many people don't know when we're Home, I work with various Arsenal,WHU,Man U fans, even the 'City' supporters have asked me before if we're home or away. It never hurts to remind people that things are taking place, and if they continue with PotD then it allows people to make a late decision when at a loose end, even better with the kids discounts etc. 

Just seen on FB someone asking for tickets for the Leeds game, when it was pointed out that we've only sold about 17k , he said he still couldn't get 2 together. Something not quite right with the ticketing still. And for those that saw my post about them selling my mates ST seat again, no response from the club via Twitter or email, will try again this week.

Archived