IGNORED

How far can Tammy go? (Blog)

tomhbcfc

I find it amazing that he scores so many goals from such close range. He makes the tap ins look easy but that's the sign of a good finisher. The crisps man with the big ears on Match of the Day was the same and he had a great career at the highest level. 

Would imagine Tammy has a taste for first team football, larger crowds and the chance to develop.

Fully expect him to be in and around the first team at Chelsea next season, and if he feels his career is stagnating he might well instigate a move away himself.

Assuming he continues his current form and his value increases hard to see where he could go though. He'd likely be too expensive for a lot of clubs to consider as without a Premier League season behind him, you'd be spending a significant amount on potential.

Personally, I think it would make sense if he was with us for another year. Wishful thinking maybe, but he is only 18 years old, 19 next week. Therefore he would still be in his teenage years come next season. I would see no point from Chelsea's view to rush him in the Premier League. Look at what has happened to the likes of Caulker & Bamford. You could counter-acted what I am saying with Ali from Spurs. But as a Striker(who scores goals) you carry much more expectation on your shoulders. So I see no point blooding him too soon.

The only way this would be suitable is if we again, put together a package for Chelsea to examine. Showing them we aim for a top two finish this season, hoping to sign these "x" players who would seem the ideal candidates to reach our goal. And we would like Tammy again to spearhead our attacking force, hopefully taking us to the Premier League.

The worse scenario for Tammy is if he is sent off to a team like Sunderland, or West Brom etc. And week in week out play for a struggling team, not getting the service he requires. Thus, not developing as the future player we would all hope.

Only a long shot, can only dream!

41 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I thought the loan parameters had changed this season and there is no early recall option, unless both clubs agree to it.

This is why (I think), loans are either 6 months or season long.

So if that is the case, well done LJ and MA for going down the season long route!

I think you're right. I'm sure I read with the Wes burns deal we can recall him in January. 

If their is no recall it is lucky because Chelsea are very poor at the moment and a desperate manager could look to recall him to throw the dice one last time. Will certainly hit 20 championship goals this season. The real question is, how many will be from inside the 6 yard box

2 hours ago, Red Army 87 said:

I think you're right. I'm sure I read with the Wes burns deal we can recall him in January. 

Yes, you can recall a player during a window only, and only if agreed as part of the loan deal.  We agreed one with Wes / Aberdeen, and made a great deal to not have one for Tammy / Chelsea.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could ourselves find from our own kids an 18 year old striker as good

Last young home grown talent to make it as a top striker?  Chris Garland? Brian Clarke (top striker?)? 

Yes we brought in Cole and Maynard but one of our own would be brilliant. Perhaps Garita, for whom we paid very little, might make it with us.

9 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

We'd have said the same when Kodjia was in his best form, and we did. 

One big positive is that if he does well here, progresses, and enjoys it, we will hopefully stand more of a chance of getting future Chelsea loan players. I'd like to think though that in the next 5 seasons we can aspire to more than that, by being in the same league.

This is the thing-Tammy is quite clearly enjoying every second of his time here and im sure sending extremely positive noises back to Chelsea-can only be good business.entente cordiale!!

Interesting comparison with Cole.  Both look like finishers, but I've also been more impressed with Tammy's all-round game.  Tammy is 2 years younger that Cole when he joined us too.  

Took me 23 minutes to think he was the real deal.  I did wonder how a harsh Chsmpionship would affect him, but he seems to be taking in his stride.

Seems to have built a good rapport with the likes of Bobby Reid too.

all bodes well

12 hours ago, yardy said:

Best youngster i have seen play for us since Andy Cole, i think Tammy has more attributes and more potential than Andy.

I really hope Chelsea look after the lad but i fear if he keeps scoring like this he will be in Chelsea's squad next season, therefore will spend most of the time on the bench.

Our only hope of having him here next season is if we get promoted and Chelsea spend tens of millions on other strikers.

I think its just best to enjoy him while he is here, seems a class player and a decent lad.

I'm not sure how he can have more potential than Andy Cole when Cole got to the very pinnacle of the game.

Archived