IGNORED

How far can Tammy go? (Blog)

tomhbcfc

18 years old, 10 in 12, just how good is this lad? I genuinely envisage him as a future England striker, probably alongside Marcus Rashford, as long as he is given a chance at Chelsea.

I've summarised how good he can be, and you are able to see on Berkeley Squares, please check it out if you haven't already. 

Link -https://www.berkeleysquares.co.uk/2016/09/tammy-abraham-englands-future-number-9/

Cheers, and wow - the atmosphere was insane yesterday! 

Best youngster i have seen play for us since Andy Cole, i think Tammy has more attributes and more potential than Andy.

I really hope Chelsea look after the lad but i fear if he keeps scoring like this he will be in Chelsea's squad next season, therefore will spend most of the time on the bench.

Our only hope of having him here next season is if we get promoted and Chelsea spend tens of millions on other strikers.

I think its just best to enjoy him while he is here, seems a class player and a decent lad.

5 minutes ago, yardy said:

I really hope Chelsea look after the lad but i fear if he keeps scoring like this he will be in Chelsea's squad next season, therefore will spend most of the time on the bench.

Remember Steve Caulker? Had that impressive year with us, then returned to his parent club (Spurs) and since then his career has faltered.

7 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

I think he could end up representing Nigeria,their youth coming through are very very good, if looked after proper will go very far

Think that's unlikely, he's represented England throughout his youth career.

Find it interesting how so many keep repeating the 'enjoy him while he's here' stuff. We all know he's a good young player in good form, we all know there's a good chance he might not be here beyond this season. What I find interesting is why people keep repeating it.. seems like a bit of self-preservation amongst our fans from being so mediocre and disappointing for all of our existence.

A more optimistic fan base may think 'if we progress this season, we've got a chance of securing him next year too' or similar.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Find it interesting how so many keep repeating the 'enjoy him while he's here' stuff. We all know he's a good young player in good form, we all know there's a good chance he might not be here beyond this season. What I find interesting is why people keep repeating it.. seems like a bit of self-preservation amongst our fans from being so mediocre and disappointing for all of our existence.

A more optimistic fan base may think 'if we progress this season, we've got a chance of securing him next year too' or similar.

It's in the clubs hands to secure him next year, if we go up then I think we will 100% I'm more scared if he goes, who will replace him? He's a very special player 

10 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

It's in the clubs hands to secure him next year, if we go up then I think we will 100% I'm more scared if he goes, who will replace him? He's a very special player 

We'd have said the same when Kodjia was in his best form, and we did. 

One big positive is that if he does well here, progresses, and enjoys it, we will hopefully stand more of a chance of getting future Chelsea loan players. I'd like to think though that in the next 5 seasons we can aspire to more than that, by being in the same league.

Hopefully he will go on to have a very successful career at both club level (with whoever it may be) and internationally.

A lot of youngsters have had the world at their feet only for things to not go as planned. You do get the feeling that Tammy is different in terms of his ability but also personality and attitude. Just compare him to Grealish!

His best attribute is simply he knows where to be and can put the ball away which is something that can't be taught like with most other parts of the game. I don't think he will ever win goal of the season but a sneaker £10 on him one day being top goal scorer in the premier league is worth it.

You have to wonder how much an 18 year old with 10 goals in the Championship before the end of September could be worth. OK, so he needs to sustain it over a longer period - but if he does, what are we talking? £20m? £25m? Sounds ridiculous but if you can get £14m for Kodjia, who is much older and with a less impressive strike rate...

There must be a few Premier League teams wishing they'd negotiated a loan deal for him (assuming Chelsea would loan to a PL side).

6 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Chelsea may well loan him to us again next season if we can be near play off places this

Said exactly this in another thread. He'll still only be 19 next year, Chelsea rate him & he's with us to get games & experience at a higher level than playing v other U19's. He has ridiculous figures in those game & looks like this season he'll just keep that up regardless of who he's facing. He plays with a smile on his face and looks like he'll burst every time he scores, it's not something he takes for granted.

He obviously likes it here & next season he could have the option of a different club on loan or returning to us.... if that's Chelsea's plan for him... interesting that last night LJ on C5 put a value of £50m on him when joking about putting a bid in.

Just enjoy him for the next 8 months, I know I will... him & Tomlin yesterday... way above anything you'll see in this division this season.. LT is talking to him all the time & you can see him taking it all in. Class. :clap:

He could be another Shearer, Lineker. The goals he's scored so far shows he has a Lineker poachers instinct , but he has the size and power to be a Shearer type. He seems grounded and genuinely good lad, if he stays that way (and it sounds like his family will make sure he does) then the worlds his oyster.

I think he won't be on loan next year, saw reports that Conte rates him and was going to keep him around the first team. If Tammy gets 20+ this year he could be a first team squad member next year, regularly coming on from the bench I would guess.  (Disclaimer, I have been wrong before )

I'm hoping Engval  steps up soon , he wasn't a Garita £50k punt we payed money for him so LJ and the scouts think something of him. I hope he's as good , if not better then Kodjia, and he has time on his side. 

I would say a bet on Tammy scoring for the full England team within 4 years would not be too silly a bet. From an interview I saw he wants to play for England even though he said he does qualify for Nigeria.

We can only enjoy him while he's here , and applaud him when he scores a League goal for Chelsea against us in the next year or so :whistle2:;)

Tammy is absolutely useless and rather than Chelsea prolong his ambitions of being a top player, they should put him out his misery and flog him to us for £500K - I know, that's a little bit generous on our behalf, but we all know Steve Lansdown has the money and it's best that he's not led along, so let's just pay that little extra and help the guy out in his hour of need ;-)

I think that's fair all round?!

Hats off to MA and LJ for the no recall deal. If he carries on scoring at the rate he has and was our player, he would be subject to big bids in January. If there was a recall, Chelsea would take him back and loan him to a prem side to fast track his development.

Not often you get a player this good which, barring any nasty injuries, is guaranteed to be with us until the end of the season.

Depending on our situation/league status next season, Chelsea maybe willing to loan him back to us for another season if they feel he is not quite ready for the Chelsea first team.

however if we are still a championship side next season, I think a premier league club will come calling for a loan. A bit like a Victor Moses situation, it would probably benefit all parties for him to be tested at premier league level, hopefully with us ;)

30 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

@tomhbcfc the article itself is good - my only criticisms would be the slightly odd remarks about current England strikers and the rest of the article contains a few too many baseless assumptions. Other than that, a good observation piece.

A bit of post EURO frustration got the best o me...

I was worried about the change to the loan system and how it would affect us this season but fair play to City, we seem to have anticipated and understood it and used it to our advantage in this case. I think that, had the old rules applied, we wouldn`t have felt it necessary to screw down this deal so tightly and Chelsea would have been able had they wanted to to recall him and loan him out elsewhere, possibly to Europe. Well done to all concerned.

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If and its a very big if, we did get promoted surely we would have a good chance of signing him.

2 hours ago, Red Army 87 said:

Hats off to MA and LJ for the no recall deal. If he carries on scoring at the rate he has and was our player, he would be subject to big bids in January. If there was a recall, Chelsea would take him back and loan him to a prem side to fast track his development.

Not often you get a player this good which, barring any nasty injuries, is guaranteed to be with us until the end of the season.

I thought the loan parameters had changed this season and there is no early recall option, unless both clubs agree to it.

This is why (I think), loans are either 6 months or season long.

So if that is the case, well done LJ and MA for going down the season long route!

Spoke to him briefly after the game, he's lovely. Very modest and certainly very happy, I think he's a bit overwhelmed with the support he has got from us and how well he is doing. He had a few friends and family members with him and they were pleased for him naturally, and he was delighted to see them too. They seemed a grounded bunch too.

I think he recognises the benefit of coming to us, he wouldn't get into Chelsea's team yet. He wouldn't get thousands of fans chanting his name playing for their reserves. He can get games and the deal suits all parties. I'll enjoy him whilst I can, he will always be part of our history now, and if he goes on to what he deserves I'll be proud that we may have helped him in a small way.

Archived