IGNORED

Interesting...

AshtonGreat

• Admin
1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

Haha funnily enough, I was trying to find what they were saying on Chelsea's forum about Tammy, but Google took me to United's instead

http://www.theshedend.com/topic/29823-interesting-article-about-our-loaned-players-tammy-abraham/

http://www.theshedend.com/topic/28664-tammy-abraham/?page=1

1 hour ago, The Gasbuster said:

No surprise that one of the replies to the question of where he is playing was "Bristol".

Meanwhile some other idiot claims it was a "Forest" kit Tammy is wearing. Didn't say a "Nottingham kit" did he ?

Plastic Man Ure fans, can't stand them ! :ranting: 

There is only one team called 'Nottingham' though... 

21 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

I feel like I've lost a couple of IQ points from reading that thread. I swear the higher up the football pyramid a team goes, the thicker the fans become.

They get lazier certainly.  It is very easy to follow a team like Man U as there are approximately 50 articles a week covering them in every newspaper.  Add to that the blanket TV coverage, endless podcasts and omnipresent marketing and you need be neither intelligent nor diligent in your following.

At a lower level you have to put in the leg work (literally sometimes) and seek out the articles, actually attend games and generally think a little more about the club you've signed up to support.  For a start you may have actively made a decision to support a local club knowing that this probably means you'll never see your club win anything 'significant'.  

I think it is this requirement of effort that means that some, shall we say, simpler folk are attracted to the large over-marketed behemoths of the league.

5 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I didn't get the Vitesse references, or why the one guy would be claiming his age has been faked somehow

Vitesse and Chelsea must have some kind of link up, plenty of players going there on loan over the years. Think it's one of the clubs Kane had a spell at too

As for faking the age....**** knows!

43 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Is this one of ours trying to convince Chelsea supporters he's crap!? If so I agree!!

Agree, he isn't going to amount to much ever. If I was Abrambovich, I'd snap our hand off at £8m and start laughing all the way to the bank....

12 hours ago, phantom said:

So funny, They all said he was amazing, then skip to page 3 of the first link and they're calling him crap just cos he failed to scored vs Norwich.. and suddendly they're all praising him by the next game he played for us.

Having said that, it all screams "you dont ask, you dont get" - Credit to Mark Aston for preservering here, or we wouldnt have Tammy in the first place.

13 hours ago, richwwtk said:

I didn't get the Vitesse references, or why the one guy would be claiming his age has been faked somehow

Hasn't there been Nigerians in the past who have faked their age? Didn't they have like 28 year olds playing for their under 19s or something? I remember vaguely it being a big deal at the time.

I'm guessing it has something to do with that?

18 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

No surprise that one of the replies to the question of where he is playing was "Bristol".

Meanwhile some other idiot claims it was a "Forest" kit Tammy is wearing. Didn't say a "Nottingham kit" did he ?

Plastic Man Ure fans, can't stand them ! :ranting: 

Let's be honest, if your chatting football to a large group of people and say "Forest" everyone knows what team your referring to, say City or Town and no one is the wiser - say Bristol and everyone knows who your talking about because OTIB.

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Hasn't there been Nigerians in the past who have faked their age? Didn't they have like 28 year olds playing for their under 19s or something? I remember vaguely it being a big deal at the time.

I'm guessing it has something to do with that?

Wasn't Roger Milla about 55 when he played in the 1990 World Cup?

• Admin
5 hours ago, CrazyInWeston said:

So funny, They all said he was amazing, then skip to page 3 of the first link and they're calling him crap just cos he failed to scored vs Norwich.. and suddendly they're all praising him by the next game he played for us.

Sounds like another football forum I know of

Archived