IGNORED

City Spelling Bee

Charliesboots

1 hour ago, Charliesboots said:

Round one currently on the website main page...

image.jpeg

I don't like this BRC abbreviation, either on the website or the scoreboard.

The R looks like Rovers to me.

On the basis above Nottingham Forest would be NOF, which would be equally inappropriate.

Does it have to be 3 letters?Then make it CTY.

CITY or BCFC would be best, but just get rid of the R.

56 minutes ago, Griffin said:

I conveniently can't remember but apparently there's a reason, some stupid rule from up top I believe.

If you go on twitter and look at the trending tweets on a match day each game has a hashtag where both teams have a three letter abbreviation. This will be set by the Premier League/Football League/Uefa etc. The clubs then endorse these to keep all tweets about each game in the same place. It is stupid but tbh I don't care that much.

11 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

If you go on twitter and look at the trending tweets on a match day each game has a hashtag where both teams have a three letter abbreviation. This will be set by the Premier League/Football League/Uefa etc. The clubs then endorse these to keep all tweets about each game in the same place. It is stupid but tbh I don't care that much.

I get that, but is that the reason smaller clubs do it? Nobody uses them excluding big games, I'd hope whatever organisation makes these rules would have a bit better pr/marketing knowledge.

Archived