IGNORED

Stewards positioning

sh1t_ref_again

Not sure if this is the same in other parts of the ground, but when trying to exit at either half time or the final whistle from the Lansdown stand, the stewards (1 last game, 2 the previous) position themselves within the exit steps a couple of steps down, this particularly when the 2 stood opposite each other resulted in a significant reduction to the flow of fans trying to leave the stand, as all are funneled around them to the middle of the steps. It seems a really silly place for them to stand, I did try sending an email to Mark Kelly but had no response and nothing changed for the Leeds game except we had one older fatter steward taking up space rather than 2 bored looking teenagers. Also for the elderly fans who like to walk down next to a handrail or wall, means they were unable to without getting out and past the stewards.

Is the same for other exits, surely it would be more appropriate to have one stood near the glass barrier looking within the stadium and 1 at the bottom of the steps

• Admin
12 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Not sure if this is the same in other parts of the ground, but when trying to exit at either half time or the final whistle from the Lansdown stand, the stewards (1 last game, 2 the previous) position themselves within the exit steps a couple of steps down, this particularly when the 2 stood opposite each other resulted in a significant reduction to the flow of fans trying to leave the stand, as all are funneled around them to the middle of the steps. It seems a really silly place for them to stand, I did try sending an email to Mark Kelly but had no response and nothing changed for the Leeds game except we had one older fatter steward taking up space rather than 2 bored looking teenagers. Also for the elderly fans who like to walk down next to a handrail or wall, means they were unable to without getting out and past the stewards.

Is the same for other exits, surely it would be more appropriate to have one stood near the glass barrier looking within the stadium and 1 at the bottom of the steps

Yeah same by E34 there is always someone stood on the stairs, but to be honest he tends to move to the top of the stairs as the crowds increase and encourage people to keep moving

@sh1t_ref_again post a question in the Q&A section on here

Not sure if he's still a club official, but Dave Storr (that was his username on here), last season was involved with stewarding, and took great interest in how the stewarding was going in the Dolman stand.

Maybe try sending a message to him on here to see if he's still about?

Yeah it's the same in the atyeo.

What's worse is the bloke that was on the stairs next to me was stood on my row, and without any exaggeration (I sit on the end seat next to the stairs) he was literally stood half in front of my seat. My mates were joking and saying he wants a hug etc etc, all light hearted but enough to hint that he was very close to me. Did that make any difference? No, if he was any closer I could have smelt his breath. Weird.

Don't know why they're asked to stand in such an awkward place but they've almost definitely been told to.

• Admin
23 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

just re-read my post, just to be clear they are stood within the exit tunnel steps, so as you come down the steps to exit you turn into the tunnel and faced with a steward stood back against the wall a couple of steps down, 

Yeah, that's how I read it

53 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

just re-read my post, just to be clear they are stood within the exit tunnel steps, so as you come down the steps to exit you turn into the tunnel and faced with a steward stood back against the wall a couple of steps down, 

That's so not how I read it but the point still stands.

Archived