IGNORED

Brownhill at right back.

Redcliffe1990

Was more confident with him there than TM but both were left exposed by a complete absence of any assistance in front of them - thought we looked totally lop sided in midfield with everyone wanting to play central or left - still havnt a clue who was meant to be playing  right side - second half especially Fox had complete freedom to bomb forward and create 2 on 1 for Brownhill who I thought did a sterling job there - In the end Wilbs recognised the problem and was trying to fill the hole in fron of Brownhill

17 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Was more confident with him there than TM but both were left exposed by a complete absence of any assistance in front of them - thought we looked totally lop sided in midfield with everyone wanting to play central or left - still havnt a clue who was meant to be playing  right side - second half especially Fox had complete freedom to bomb forward and create 2 on 1 for Brownhill who I thought did a sterling job there - In the end Wilbs recognised the problem and was trying to fill the hole in fron of Brownhill

Agree completely, we gave them far too much time and space, with Fox especially left free and at the end their final sub (6) was also given the freedom to attack us at will. Needs addressing.

Was shocked he got motm. Didn't feature in my top 3, probably not 5. Perhaps I didn't watch as closely as I should've. Nonetheless should give him a boost so onwards and upwards. 

34 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Was shocked he got motm. Didn't feature in my top 3, probably not 5. Perhaps I didn't watch as closely as I should've. Nonetheless should give him a boost so onwards and upwards. 

I think this season it's going to be like school participation award - all the players will get it over the season !

A bit of a Marmite performance at full back. Good going forward but caught out at times defending. Overall I thought he did well, as when he was exposed defensively, it was often due to lack of support from midfield. 

38 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I would have given MOM to Flint, thought he was back to his best.

6 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Flint def in there for me. I'd have gone with GON even if he played only 45. He changed things. Even Wilbrahimovic had a shout. 

Unfortunately first time I have seen Moore and was rather underwhelmed. Think he was the only man in the stadium who missed the ball over him leading to the first. Misplaced crosses, not quite tracking enough. He needs more training. Little would've got dogs abuse for that 45. 

4 minutes ago, WesM said:

Bit of a kick in the nuts for Matthews sat on the Judi? If he's not fit, why's he in the squad?

It is really weird he is our best RB but is sat on the bench... if we are not going to play hum just send him back and sign someone in January.. we need a good RB anyway as Little may be out for a while, and needs competition anyway. Not sure what is happening with Engvall either... seems we need a RB and striker in January - unless we are relying on our loanees returning....

20 minutes ago, WesM said:

Bit of a kick in the nuts for Matthews sat on the Judi? If he's not fit, why's he in the squad?

Wasn't there but suspect if we really needed to go for it late in the game, we'd go 3 at the back, without needing another sub, I.e. Brownhill make another midfielder.  If he'd brought Matthews on, that option wouldn't have been there.

24 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Every match Flint wins most headers and makes a lot of defensive blocks that cut out dangerous situations. Although he's well liked on the forum, I'm sure he's still a underrated. He must be on the radar for a few lower level Premier League teams. 

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

You don't need to worry about your eyesight, that was one of the strangest mom awards at AG in ages.

He was ok first half and a bit better second, but we had at least half a dozen better performances today. His wasn't even our best full back display!

Fair play to him for effort but any of the 3 defenders who played all the game, plus Tammy or Paterson were all in front of him..

Archived