IGNORED

What a difference - something has really changed at BCFC.

southvillekiddy

Shame about Wednesday but Aston Villa, Leeds (joy of joys stuffing therm after 40 years of waiting) now Florist (almost as good).

Bristol City coming from behind and playing out a 2 goals to 1 lead???????? (Instead of letting in an equaliser in injury time on a regular basis - okay, like I said Wednesday was a real shame) + Signing people that can really play?????????

Best start in years and 4th in the Table !!

Something is seriously afoot.

Bloody amazing. Love it.

Got to say I put it down to MA. Wasn't sure about him, a suit and a bit smarmy but since he arrived WE'VE BEEN PERFORMING LIKE A PROPER FOOTBALL CLUB !!!!!!!!!!!

The next 2 will really show us

I put it down to LJ. If it ain't working the man changes it. He's could outgrow us very soon. And to think some didn't want him... If you can draw parallels as a manager he's showing Tammy-esque promise. LJ is destined for far more than Championship challengers. 

MA has installed a level of professionalism within the club, which is running all the way through to the team performance on the pitch.

Not to get too excited but we aren't going down this year and who knows where we might end up. Really enjoying LJ brand of football and the never say die attitude linked in with quality players coming in also. Patterson looks a steal from Forest! 

Savouring every second. Getting to the ground earlier to enjoy our facilities, and it's great that good days out aren't being ruined by a game of football!

Comments from LJ about the team having another level are ominous for the rest of the league! 

Plenty more winnable games this Month, but for now, I'm just going to enjoy what has been an unreal week and our position in the table. 

34 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I put it down to LJ. If it ain't working the man changes it. He's could outgrow us very soon. And to think some didn't want him... If you can draw parallels as a manager he's showing Tammy-esque promise. LJ is destined for far more than Championship challengers. 

If LJ starts getting it right from the start then we will be unstoppable 

2 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Sorry guys and dolls but this is happening because we are simply a very good side with a very good manager and, as the song goes, 'Things can only get better'. Apologies, but we all have to come to terms with it. Sickening i know, but thats life. Amen. COYFR's !!!!!!

Agree. the scenario is not built for the ............. no I'm even going to the say that word anymore.

SK

Obviously, the results are down to the team, which is selected by LJ who trains them and MA who assisted in some of the transfers.

Whilst I will happily admit that I didn't want LJ, I can also admit I was totally wrong and I have a big concern that a prem team will come in for him if our form continues. I can only hope he'll want to stay and try and go up with us.

14 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

It's nice to still feel confident of getting a result even if we're losing at half time.

Brilliant stuff all round at the moment.

Loving it!

That's the main thing for me. In the past we'd go behind and you'd think it's game over, and usually be proved right. This team and manager don't give up and you always feel we can get something from a game. And even in the games that we have lost, we've not been outclassed in any of them.

IT's the style of football I am enjoying as well - we are pressing pretty much the entire games, teams have no real time on the ball, have players niggling at them, options blocked, and know that if they do not do something quickly with the ball they will be depossesed - and this is all over the pitch... we also have a high tempo passing game, and it's bloody fun to watch... today it did not work brilliantly, missed passes, poor off the ball movement but you can see it.. so it's hard to fault something that doesn't quite work.. I really feel like this team can get some thumping scorelines this season, and really boss some teams.... the best thing is, look how bloody young so many of them are.

20 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Why bother if you can rescue three ;) 

im being facetious of course. But the biggest sign of potential has to be the reaction. Many blamed SC for not reacting in games, LJ reacts with enough time to turn 0pts in to 1 or even 3. That's what is quite remarkable about him. Another, who else would have dropped Freeman today? And still kept him off and achieve 3 points from 1-0 down at half time.  

My worry is he will learn from his old man. When his dad was here every single Prem job that came up there was a thread saying 'will GJ go?'. He never did and he ended up at Northampton, Yeovil and Cheltenham. 

LJ has shown such acumen and drive I think he's going to be much harder to keep hold of l, even if he has affinity and it feels we are clicking. 

What he has done in less than 12m is flabbergasting. He's already got the freedom of BS3 but I can't lie, I made a Tammy reference to him earlier in the thread. I'm enjoying both while they are here. With LJ I definitely feel he's going to go on to great things, and I hope with us before he departs but he has really earnt his crust. But how long until WBA, Sunderland or Stoke recognise he saved us from the mire and turned us around? 

I think LJ had a few extra reasons for coming here other than we were higher up the scale than Barnsley...

His old man still works and lives nearby.

Memories of AG and Bristol itself.

Knows SL and JL really well. So knows their full intentions ie premier league, opening the cheque book etc.

Knew most of the staff such as Scotty and even some of the players from his time (when they were in the academy)

6 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I think LJ had a few extra reasons for coming here other than we were higher up the scale than Barnsley...

His old man still works and lives nearby.

Memories of AG and Bristol itself.

Knows SL and JL really well. So knows their full intentions ie premier league, opening the cheque book etc.

Knew most of the staff such as Scotty and even some of the players from his time (when they were in the academy)

Indeed. But all I caution against is don't feel we are more than a stepping stone in what looks to be a very promising career. His old man demonstrated - strike when your iron is hot. I doubt he'd do differently nor do I expect him to.  Say Bournemouth became available - Maybe through Howe moving to Arsenal or to England - LJ would have to be featuring on the radar. I'm sure a club like Soton are monitoring him too. 

32 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I am pretty sure no one would have picked that 2nd half team, yet it worked. Maybe we should trust he knows what he is doing.

20 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Why bother if you can rescue three ;) 

im being facetious of course. But the biggest sign of potential has to be the reaction. Many blamed SC for not reacting in games, LJ reacts with enough time to turn 0pts in to 1 or even 3. That's what is quite remarkable about him. Another, who else would have dropped Freeman today? And still kept him off and achieve 3 points from 1-0 down at half time.  

My worry is he will learn from his old man. When his dad was here every single Prem job that came up there was a thread saying 'will GJ go?'. He never did and he ended up at Northampton, Yeovil and Cheltenham. 

LJ has shown such acumen and drive I think he's going to be much harder to keep hold of l, even if he has affinity and it feels we are clicking. 

What he has done in less than 12m is flabbergasting. He's already got the freedom of BS3 but I can't lie, I made a Tammy reference to him earlier in the thread. I'm enjoying both while they are here. With LJ I definitely feel he's going to go on to great things, and I hope with us before he departs but he has really earnt his crust. But how long until WBA, Sunderland or Stoke recognise he saved us from the mire and turned us around? 

if you think any of the above clubs are going to take a unproven prem manager then your off your rocker

Sorry but I can only see Lee moving to a prem team unless he gets us promoted and keeps us up for at least 3 seasons.

I don't think Villa, Derby, Newcastle ect would try him until he proves he can get a team promoted.

He is showing quality but he hasn't actually achieved a single honour yet and these teams demand management that has been there and done it.

6 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Sorry but I can only see Lee moving to a prem team unless he gets us promoted and keeps us up for at least 3 seasons.

I don't think Villa, Derby, Newcastle ect would try him until he proves he can get a team promoted.

He is showing quality but he hasn't actually achieved a single honour yet and these teams demand management that has been there and done it.

Agree with that, but think that is down to the fans as much as anything. We all seemed ourselves to be shouting for a proven manager like Pearson not that long ago.

Not a Leeds Utd fan by any manner of means, but think Monk is another young English manager in the same mold.

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Agree with that, but think that is down to the fans as much as anything. We all seemed ourselves to be shouting for a proven manager like Pearson not that long ago.

Not a Leeds Utd fan by any manner of means, but think Monk is another young English manager in the same mold.

Monk is an interesting one for me - he didn't need to build anything at Swansea and knew the club inside out - he basically had a long term caretaker position. I'm watching intently what he does with Leeds because it's not an easy club to manage (like I believe our club is - relatively) but does have good resources and support for a club in this division and should do well there if he is as good a manager as many say he is but I think it's first real challenge.

32 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Not sure I quite agree with u but I gets what u r trying to say. 

Steve Lansdowns stadium and Mark Ashton's working relationship with LJ is what's made a hugely significant difference to the upturn in the clubs profile.

Imv if Ashton stays at AG long term he'd obviously be involved in the hiring and firing and if LJ leaves either tempted by a bigger club or is relieved of his duties then it would be MA to recruit the next manager.

To me Ashton's appointment is the most significant change at AG. LJ is currently using the assets signed over summer but ultimately managers come and go but if Ashton remains as COE then the club is good hands.

Archived