IGNORED

England Squad

Robin 101

Have we not got anyone younger to come in instead of Jagielka? It's not like they would play anyway but surely it would be the ideal opportunity to get a youngster in for experience, especially against Malta!!

The rest of the squad seems to have enough younger players in for the next few years.

3 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Have we not got anyone younger to come in instead of Jagielka? It's not like they would play anyway but surely it would be the ideal opportunity to get a youngster in for experience, especially against Malta!!

The rest of the squad seems to have enough younger players in for the next few years.

Not really the age that annoys me just the reputation selection.

I mean on form id have

Deeney > Rooney
Anyone > Johnson
Pickford > Hart
Puncheon > Ox
Keane/Gibson > Jagielka

etc. etc. etc.

but never gonna happen

2 minutes ago, Robin 101 said:

Not really the age that annoys me just the reputation selection.

I mean on form id have

Deeney > Rooney
Anyone > Johnson
Pickford > Hart
Puncheon > Ox
Keane/Gibson > Jagielka

etc. etc. etc.

but never gonna happen

I think the problem is that Southgate isn't in a position / doesn't have the balls to make any proper (controversial) decisions because if he drops Rooney, Hart etc & then doesn't get the position full-time (God I hope he doesn't) & any players dropped throw their toys out of the pram, he leaves whoever does get the job short of the supposed reliable players (if you get what I mean?)

The sooner we get someone in who'll select / play players that are in form instead of on reputation, the better but I honestly don't think that'll happen any time soon!!

Mourinho was supposed to be interested in the job a while back, I'd see if he's interested in it now to be honest.

Hate to break it to you all but the "Manager" is told who to select to a large degree by the FA.

All down to sponsorship deals and corporate pressure. Players from smaller clubs without the right deals with Pepsi, Razor companies or Shampoo manufacturers for instance will not be selected regardless of form. e.g Troy Deeney.

Joe Hart = prime example of a player who was out of form for months but continued to be selected despite alternatives from smaller clubs being available.

That's why proper managers will not touch the job.

8 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Hate to break it to you all but the "Manager" is told who to select to a large degree by the FA.

All down to sponsorship deals and corporate pressure. Players from smaller clubs without the right deals with Pepsi, Razor companies or Shampoo manufacturers for instance will not be selected regardless of form. e.g Troy Deeney.

Joe Hart = prime example of a player who was out of form for months but continued to be selected despite alternatives from smaller clubs being available.

What evidence have you got for allegation?

10 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Wait what - where did this come from ?

Glen Johnson; hilarious pick.

Played his first game of the season two weeks ago, when Stoke got totally torn to shreds by Palace and looked utterly terrible.

And speaking of Palace; the likes of Joel Ward must look at that selection and shake their heads - how they can't get into that selection over someone like Johnson is an embarrassment.

Gonna be just like Big Sam's one match; same system, same problems.

hahahaha haha :rofl2br:

Once again, when the England chiefs have a chance to try something new, make a statement, inject a bit more fresh talent in to the squad to replace some of the now complacent turds AND even perhaps to use the next four games with new players to try to divert some of the negative media attention, they announce this squad.

Once again, despite a new (temporary) manager, some of the same names continue to appear. And Glenn Johnson!!!!! WTF? Where did that come from? Southgate for all his lack of experience had a real opportunity with this one........Glenn Johnson :mf_sleep:

I'lI tell you what, long gone are the days when player selection was based on merit.

Hahhahhahhaha. Priceless.

When I saw the surnames scrolling the screen on Sky Sports News, and 'Johnson' passed by, for about 2 minutes I looked at the TV with a blank face, trying to figure out who it was.

Glen Johnson must be one of Southgate's best mates.

And Jesse Lingard is in the squad... he was on our radar a while back, wasn't he??? ;)

In truth there aren't that many quality players available to select. Of course we will have our views as to we'd have picked, but it's not like many / any complete no brainers have been left out.  The players we tend to talk about on the fringe are our marmite players, some rate, some hate.

i quite like the Deeney shout above.  Imagine Deeney and Vardy up front....defenders nightmare.  In some respects I'd go with those two.

Lingard has done very little, and is not good enough imho.  

Not realy excited by Antonio either.

But some of you may think they are worth a try.  Some players step up with better players around.

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I have zero interest in international breaks and England matches these days. England's international campaigns are like spending 20 minutes trying to squeeze a shit out and then getting a little squiff of wind for your efforts.

I'm exactly the same AG.

I had even less interest when Big Sam was in charge and even less now that Southgate is holding the reins. 

If England started playing attacking football and got rid of the fear of losing then I'd rekindle my interest ut hat won't happen under Southgate.

12 hours ago, harrys said:

If Southgate has any balls he will drop the woefully out of form Rooney, by doing that he will get an awful lot of respect from the general public, On form it should be Rashford and Walcott up front

On form it would be Tammy with anyone!

Until the FA do something "radical" like employ the best coach they can (regardless of nationality) then allow him to pick his own players to suit a system and style of football that he thinks will be successful and entertaining then the International side will continue to haemorrhage fans by the thousands 

Sadly this is not going to happen with the "old boys network" that we currently have and that very much includes the media.

The whole thing needs tearing down and starting again.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I'm exactly the same AG.

I had even less interest when Big Sam was in charge and even less now that Southgate is holding the reins. 

If England started playing attacking football and got rid of the fear of losing then I'd rekindle my interest ut hat won't happen under Southgate.

Absolutely no chance. He's already picked Rooney as captain, which doesn't bode well!

Mr Cappello was one of the best coaches in the worked when the FA appointed him. He was no part of an old boys network. Under Mr Capello England qualifies for a finals and bombed.

If these coaches are not being allowed to select their own choices could point to which players Mr Southgate is being told to pick, why and which individuals at the FA are telling them to so this?

This is basically the same squad that failed so miserably in the Euros, bored all v Slovakia, only with another coach. It is occurring for a reason - diminishing pool of players, a diminishing pool of players that are not very good.

Put Klopp in charge and he does the same baring bringing back Milner who evidently according to forums sages is a carthorse etc.

Radical can only be attempted if the omnipotence of the EPL is reversed.

Archived