IGNORED

proper song for tammy

allinpaul

I've asked this question several times previously - when have you or anyone else heard a new song at AG that you first saw posted on here?  :dunno:

Ill answer for you - never.

So....what's the point of making one up on here? 

New chants/songs are spontaneous, not made up in advance.......:facepalm:

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I've asked this question several times previously - when have you or anyone else heard a new song at AG that you first saw posted on here?  :dunno:

You make a fair point mate but I do remember "top of the league, we're having a laugh" airing here and then being sung in the next game at home in the GJ era.

On 04/10/2016 at 23:38, park ender said:

tammy oohh tammy oohh tammy i.ll walk a million miles for one of goals king tammy (repeat)  sung to the john galley song from the 70.s

The original song is "Mammy" and there's been quite a debate over the where the song sits in the table of racist tunes - this is the one Al Jolson would "black up" to.

Bearing in mind the similarity in the name plus the ethnicity of the player, this song might not work on this occasion - was perfect for John Galley mind !

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

Ohh Tammy Tammy was on here before it was sung in the stands, so actually the last time was very recently.

Songs are made up before games all the time, of course their are spontaneous chants but loads of chants are made up before. I would here new chants being sung in the pub before a game or on the bus to AG (Back when I was able to go regularly).  They are then tried out in the stadium to see if they meet with approval or not. You'll even hear this happen at the ground if you sit in the right part of the stadium, you'll see people get laughed at for trying it out or you'll see it magically move around the ground as its excepted.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Ohh Tammy Tammy was on here before it was sung in the stands, so actually the last time was very recently.

:facepalm:. How hard is it to fit a players name with the same tune that been sung at AG for decades? 

I remember the same tune for Andy Cole and numerous other players over the years.

I also remember "he's here, he's there he's every flipping where, Gerry Gow, Gerry Gow." 

I guess we'll hear a City players name with that tune as well before long.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

:facepalm:. How hard is it to fit a players name with the same tune that been sung at AG for decades? 

I remember the same tune for Andy Cole and numerous other players over the years.

I also remember "he's here, he's there he's every flipping where, Gerry Gow, Gerry Gow." 

I guess we'll hear a City players name with that tune as well before long.

We already do, Korey Smith.

However, and this is something you have never responded with a proper answer, why do you keep on reading (and responding to, thus bumping the thread and giving it more attention) thread you have "no interest" in.

Just perhaps could could try not opening the thread, then it won't bother you so much.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Just perhaps could could try not opening the thread, then it won't bother you so much.

It doesn't bother me one iota. If posters want to create songs on otib that we never hear at AG that's up to them.

I simply don't get why they bother........it's completely pointless in my view.

Can anyone explain why they bother?

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It doesn't bother me one iota. If posters want to create songs on otib that we never hear at AG that's up to them.

I simply don't get why they bother........it's completely pointless in my view.

Can anyone explain why they bother?

Because one of the more recent ones has been sung repeatedly at AG.

So some do end up there, that may be why.

I don't get the Willem love in, but other posters do. Guess what I do when there is a Willem II thread? I don't read it. Could you imagine such a simple solution?!

17 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Because one of the more recent ones has been sung repeatedly at AG.

I don't get the Willem love in, but other posters do. Guess what I do when there is a Willem II thread? I don't read it. Could you imagine such a simple solution?!

Which otib song has been heard repeatedly at AG? And don't say Tammy,Tammy Tammy Abrahams. That type of song has been applied to numerous players over decades. It's not exactly new or original.

I don't read the Willem threads either. They're even more boring that the ones about songs..

Why don't the words to a few of the favourably received chants / songs on OTIB get published in each new edition of One Team. A chants to try page or chant of the month or something like that.

One reason most of these never take off is because they are sometimes overly complicated and most of them never scan properly.

I would imagine most people keep trying to push songs and chants on here because to hear thousands of people belting out your little ditty would be quite a moment. The question is, if you told anyone I don't think they'd believe you.

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Which otib song has been heard repeatedly at AG? And don't say Tammy,Tammy Tammy Abrahams. That type of song has been applied to numerous players over decades. It's not exactly new or original.

I don't read the Willem threads either. They're even more boring that the ones about songs..

And a lot of the suggestions on here aren't original ones, ultimately it seems the only reason you comment on these threads is because you seem to believe you have incredible self importance and can't help but tell everyone how boring you find everything on every thread, rather than making any useful contributions to the forum.

I notice that yet again you didn't actually give a reason as to why you read these threads when you know exactly what is in them, instead you just cut the question out when you quoted me.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

And a lot of the suggestions on here aren't original ones, ultimately it seems the only reason you comment on these threads is because you seem to be a self entitled ***** who can't help but tell everyone how boring they find everything on every thread, rather than making any useful contributions to the forum.

So, which song from otib do we hear repeatedly at AG? 

So.....you think that I don't make useful contributions to otib?        :facepalm:

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So, which song from otib do we hear repeatedly at AG? 

So.....you think that I don't make useful contributions to otib?        :facepalm:

As said, the Ohh Tammy Tammy one.

It may not be an original song, but the suggestion was from here. You seem to be changing the criteria now that you know you are wrong, as originally you were saying none on here get sung, but now they have to be original too.

I think everyone makes useful contributions, yours being far less frequent than anyone else, because half of your posts are you saying you are bored/the thread doesn't interest you/"not having the words to express how much you like the post"

I don't think it really matters whether there have been any chants to come from OTIB before, theres a first time for everything. It only needs a few people to agree and group together on match day, thats how loads of chants get created, a small group of people getting together to try it out then applying it at a match. 

Archived