IGNORED

2 from 6

cityred exile

2 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

Assuming    Newcastle  Norwich  Brighton Huddersfield   are  Certainties  For a Top 6  Finish    Does Anybody Not Agree That We Are 1 of 6 Clubs Competing  For The Other 2 Positions ?  Sheffield Weds  Birmingham Leeds Wolves  Aston Villa  Being The Other Contenders For Me

Huddersfield are not certainties at all

I'd argue that no one is a certainty, but looking at where Huddersfield are right now you have to look at them as genuine contenders for not just the top 6, but also automatic.

And to answer your question, I'd agree we are one of the clubs in contention, keep Tammy fit and our youngens learning I'm sure we will be sniffing around the top 6 come the end of the season. COYR!

I would suggest that the only certainties for a top 6 place are Newcastle & Norwich as they have strength in depth & will spend in January to concrete their positions, the other positions are open to up to 10 teams I would suggest.

More or less every team can beat anyone else & there will be plenty of points won & lost between now & the end of the season.

And It's Got To Be Said, Putting A Capital Letter At The Front Of Every Word Is A Pain In The Arse.

3 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

Would Require Very Big Slump In Form  They Are At Present 7 Points Above 7th Now ! Also Reckon Just Another 45 Points  From the Remaining 35 Matches Would Be Enough For 6TH Spot At Least !

But We're Only Eleven Games Into The Season, Not Even Played Everyone Once Yet..........

(Really Struggling To Keep This Up Now).

12 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I would suggest that the only certainties for a top 6 place are Newcastle & Norwich as they have strength in depth & will spend in January to concrete their positions, the other positions are open to up to 10 teams I would suggest.

More or less every team can beat anyone else & there will be plenty of points won & lost between now & the end of the season.

And It's Got To Be Said, Putting A Capital Letter At The Front Of Every Word Is A Pain In The Arse.

I Agree With The Pain In The Arse Bit With You !

14 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

Would Require Very Big Slump In Form  They Are At Present 7 Points Above 7th Now ! Also Reckon Just Another 45 Points  From the Remaining 35 Matches Would Be Enough For 6TH Spot At Least !

Big slump? There are 35 games  to go!

18 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

But We're Only Eleven Games Into The Season, Not Even Played Everyone Once Yet..........

(Really Struggling To Keep This Up Now).

PROBABLY EASIER TO USE THIS TECHNIQUE, BUT IT TENDS TO GIVE THE IMPRESSION THAT YOU SHOUTING OR THAT YOUR OPINION IS SUPERIOR TO THAR OF OTHER POSTERS.

41 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Concrete or cement? There's a world of difference...

1 hour ago, cityred exile said:

7 POINTS.

SEVEN!!

Yep, gotta agree there is certainly no slumping from that. Not by October, anyhow. Would be a monumental Slump of epic, catastrophic, and biblical proportions. 

48 minutes ago, Neo said:

fAR tOO eARLY iN tHE sEASON tO jUDGE bUT i dONT tHINK vILLA oR hUDDERSFIELD wILL bE iN tOP 6 cOME sEASON eND.

tHINK bRISTOL cITY wILL bE tHOUGH !!

Coyr !!!

That was disgusting to read literally fecked my eyes up :thumbsup:.

Who knows what could happen, cant see Huddersfield there for much longer but cant see Villa not there come May. 

A successful January transfer window will be vital for all clubs especially the loans. Be interesting to see what shape the league is in come xmas because i think we will see the big spenders making some good aquisitions and eventually the league will pan out much like we thought it would.

6 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Who knows what could happen, cant see Huddersfield there for much longer but cant see Villa not there come May. 

A successful January transfer window will be vital for all clubs especially the loans. Be interesting to see what shape the league is in come xmas because i think we will see the big spenders making some good aquisitions and eventually the league will pan out much like we thought it would.

But there's only so many good players about & January will probably be a time when the desperate become more desperate & spend over the odds for very average players (because there won't be many good players available). Unless a fairly unknown foreign player becomes available.

There certainly won't be a great deal of value for money to be had in the U.K. market unless it's moves for players running out of contract in the summer.

Tipps You Lightweight Third Reply In And You Have Given Up Already!!!  actually i Am Going To Put My Own Slant On Things And Not Put Capitals Where They Should Be.  i Would Have To Agree That newcastle, norwich And brighton Will Likely Be In Top 6 But Anybody Else, Your Guess Is As Good As Mine.  not Sure About huddersfield, i Seem To Remember They Brought In A Load Of Players In The Summer But Not Sure About Quality, If They Have Building For A While And So On, Or If Their Form Is A Flash In The Pan. i Am Just Hoping For A Stress (Relegation Threat) Free Season, Play-Offs Would Be Absolutely Fantastic.

holy Smokes, Now i Realise Tipps How Much Of A Pain This Is, Definitely My Only Reply!  Especially Uncorrecting Auto Correct!

6 hours ago, cityred exile said:

Assuming    Newcastle  Norwich  Brighton Huddersfield   are  Certainties  For a Top 6  Finish    Does Anybody Not Agree That We Are 1 of 6 Clubs Competing  For The Other 2 Positions ?  Sheffield Weds  Birmingham Leeds Wolves  Aston Villa  Being The Other Contenders For Me

Likelihood is there is a current top ten club that will finish in the bottem ten-and vice-versa..for that reason,I'm out.

5 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

So we will be champions then?

I think Norwich and Newcastle are most peoples 1, 2 so would love to finish above one of them - I just hope we really gel and reach even greater performance heights as teams are struggling to contain us.

Could be one of the best seasons in years and I think half season tickets need to be pushed as take up may be very good.

10 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

This ^

10 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Sorry, this ^

At the moment the only teams I'd rule out of a top 6 finish with any confidence are Blackburn, Cardiff, Rotherham and probably Preston, Wigan and Burton.

I reckon every other team will feel they could push for play-offs at least.  Newcastle and Norwich look good but things change - remember when Derby looked unbeatable under McClaren until January and then collapsed and missed the play-offs for example?

If we keep playing as we have been in the last three games then we've certainly got a chance at promotion but it's going to be a long haul and maintaining form isn't easy.  Far too early to talk about promotion contenders with any more certainty than that. 

Archived