IGNORED

England v Malta

Super

11 minutes ago, cynic said:

I think thats what Southgate meant by them having to be brave - they're not, they are serial bottlers.

I really couldn't give a toss about this team and squad, not worth watching and definitely not worth supporting after bottling it in front of the watching world in the last tournament, and the one before that, and the one....etc. Club over country every time.

As for Rooney strolling around at the back, wtf is that all about ? if he isn't up to playing further forward, drop him and give a midfielder a run out (run being the operative word). 

It's poor Cynic. England should be putting 7 or 8 past this lot. 

Its gotta be better in the second half.........:facepalm:

17 minutes ago, Ash the Bash said:

Can't remember the last time I properly celebrated an England goal...how about everyone else? Wales game?

Even then I wasn't really celebrating the fact England won, it was a much more basic; cheering at the fact that I wouldn't have to listen to the Welsh colleagues. It was cheered with the same passion as when Portugal scored. 

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

And even if England did put 7 or 8 past them, there'd still be reasons to moan.

Exactly - 7 or 8 past Malta doesn't fix everything that's been wrong with England for so long. 

The FA and England have a hell of a lot to do to win back a lot of football fans. Possibly too much. 

13 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Exactly - 7 or 8 past Malta doesn't fix everything that's been wrong with England for so long. 

The FA and England have a hell of a lot to do to win back a lot of football fans. Possibly too much. 

So if the result is irrelevant then just watch it for what it is, a football match. 

13 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Yet the game is 81k attendance, they'll do nothing and see it as a job well done

Is it just me but does any one agree England and especially the F.A. Don't deserve the amazing support and dedication that England fans give this bunch of overated and over paid primadonnas. 80k in Wembley tonight. Fair play to each and everyone of them. 

I have nothing against Gareth Southgate personally but his managerial record isn't great, it just seems like another job for the boys after big Sam was given the job after everyone else turned it down and he was the only choice. 

I'd like to see Eddie Howe in charge. Bournemouth in the premier league !!!!! Enough said 

13 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

So if the result is irrelevant then just watch it for what it is, a football match. 

Many are, and how depressing is that? Imagine getting to the point of watching a Bristol City match feeling almost like a neutral towards it. Doesn't mean any of us have been less passionate about England previously - I've shed tears at times watching them - but I cannot claim to be a fan of England any more. I can't relate to the players - they're tossers, to the set up - they're incompetent, even to the new national stadium - it's vanilla.

There's no pride or patriotism out there on display, hasn't been for years, so I can't fashion it in myself.  

Archived