IGNORED

Dennis Franklin

Elruliri

Very sorry for your loss elruli.  You know my very own Grandad was also the one who introduced me to the gate - in the 83-84 season and although we didn't have long together as football buddies (he passed prematurely in '86) this is just one of the major influences I have to thank him for - and it's definitely a thank!

Sounds like you had a great and long time with your own Grandad - perhaps not today but I am sure very soon you will celebrate and be thankful for his life and everything he gave to you and your family - no doubt his legacy and spirit will be kept alive through your own actions.  Just keep passing it down.

A friend of mine John Couch phoned me to say that he'd seen this thread here on otib and asked me post that Dennis was his Sunday school teacher at Southville Methodist back in the 50s and that John had played for the Aces set up by Dennis in the same era.

He wondered what the surname of Terry is as they may have been in the same team.

Ive told John to sign up here on otib but he says he can't be arsed........:facepalm:

51 minutes ago, terry said:

In 1958 Dennis started a boys football team Bedminster Aces and I was fortunate to play in his team as a 10 year old. I last saw Dennis in Morrison's Worle a year or so ago. Thanks for my early football times Dennis.

My mum has commeted that shev watched that team as agirl and was frezzing cold. I cant delete spelling mistakes sorry.

Archived