IGNORED

Club Shop

sglosbcfc

3 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Will they be open 9am on a Saturday? I'll try and beat the traffic and get across Bristol first thing.

Surely the £15 you are trying to save you will end up spending on petrol? 

Just buy it online, really poor there is no discount option online for club shop.

4 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Maybe next time ask to speak to, or email Marie Longhurst who is the shop manager. She sorted it for me :) 

That's not how it should be though is it.

Very unprofessional of the manager to do it on the quiet, whilst all those under her have to play it by the book.

It really is time City got to grips with stuff like this.

Surely what's good for one should be good for all?

Or is that just a bit old fashioned.

51 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Very unprofessional of the manager to do it on the quiet, whilst all those under her have to play it by the book.

No you're right, it is poor. Almost all online stores let you apply discount codes or loyalty card numbers at checkout. Surely it's not that hard to implement. 

We are much better than we were; but we've still got some work to do on this side of things. These little details are the difference between being a really professional commercial outfit and just being mediocre with lots of niggly issues.

6 hours ago, 42nite said:

I didn't say she'd done it on the quiet? Just that it was her I'd spoken to and she'd agreed to put it aside. It was the ball that we gave Oskar after money was raised on here for the bloke who had lost his wallet last c*****mas, so maybe it was mentioning Oskars name that did it. 

I do agree with you though, we should be able to apply the discount online :) 

8 hours ago, Chris_Brown said:

Around £1.10 a litre. So he'd have to be driving like an f1 driver to burn anywhere near that amount of fuel getting accross Bristol.

Yes I live in Hanham not Havana. Despite the cost of petrol and the hassle saving £15 makes it worth me driving across town.

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

I didn't say she'd done it on the quiet? Just that it was her I'd spoken to and she'd agreed to put it aside. It was the ball that we gave Oskar after money was raised on here for the bloke who had lost his wallet last c*****mas, so maybe it was mentioning Oskars name that did it. 

I do agree with you though, we should be able to apply the discount online :) 

Christmas is censored on the forum ?

hmmm.... maybe not.

Anyway, how can a online store not have a discount option, it is a basic option even on the smallest one man and a storgae unit ran sites - seems very strange some of the things we seem unable to do.

6 minutes ago, Fiale said:

hmmm.... maybe not.

Anyway, how can a online store not have a discount option, it is a basic option even on the smallest one man and a storgae unit ran sites - seems very strange some of the things we seem unable to do.

I censored it myself because it's October! 

I'm lost when it comes to setting up online commerce etc but have experience running such a website and to solve this should be a very easy add on. After reading this I got my web guy to take a look at our shop.

Through the laughter & expletives he confirmed it was like something out of the ark!!

E Commerce is the lifeblood of most modern business so the BCFC shop really is a bit embarrasing not even being able to stock the whole range of merchandise, apply a voucher code or even be that user friendly

As a club we do some great things but anything online and it's shocking!

^ to be fair, this isn't just entering a promotional code because the Season Ticket number is numeric and sequential and so it would be easily shared or guessed, and used with or without a season ticket - it would need to be cross referenced and matched to a season ticket holder name, and delivery address, so probably would be harder to implement.

Not justifying it, I spent over £100 this season with no discount but the petrol logic did apply as I'm in London! It is very sad that season ticket holders who live far away and already have a big premium on travel costs to remain ST holders, are further discriminated by benefits (discounts, other matches) which are unlikely to be used. It is what it is though.

As to @Dollymarie's workaround, I can tell you last season I tried an even more straightforward workaround - walked into the shop before a night game, bought items with ST discount and asked them to mail them to me as if an online order (I didn't want to lug them on train and 'interesting' night buses until 2am in SE London) was told it wasn't possible!! 

So it probably is 'who you know' at the club, or the willingness to be helpful can be shocking. Having a Season Ticket is reward enough for me, but I do hate the spin about all these other rewards which are so meaningless and the club make so difficult to use, There hasn't been any food to buy at a discount at the Atyeo end of the Dolman for weeks too.

Moan over! :)

38 minutes ago, Olé said:

^ to be fair, this isn't just entering a promotional code because the Season Ticket number is numeric and sequential and so it would be easily shared or guessed, and used with or without a season ticket - it would need to be cross referenced and matched to a season ticket holder name, and delivery address, so probably would be harder to implement.

Not justifying it, I spent over £100 this season with no discount but the petrol logic did apply as I'm in London! It is very sad that season ticket holders who live far away and already have a big premium on travel costs to remain ST holders, are further discriminated by benefits (discounts, other matches) which are unlikely to be used. It is what it is though.

Would have been better if the online shop and online tickets had a single sign-on rather than two entirely unconnected accounts. Would be good to have a single login in future that could cover shop, tickets, Player (or its equivalent when we move away from FLi) etc.

On 09/10/2016 at 22:49, Chris_Brown said:

Around £1.10 a litre. So he'd have to be driving like an f1 driver to burn anywhere near that amount of fuel getting accross Bristol.

I must say this situation has frustrated me for years. Having a season ticket but living over 100 miles from Ashton Gate costs enough in fuel for every home game as it is - to not be able to get a discount when buying online has always seemed antiquated. We must persuade the club to sort this situation out!

its hardly possible for me to pop down and collect my purchases. 

On another note regarding the shop - since it moved to its new location has anyone else found its layout very poor. 

It is so busy on a Saturday, and much harder to browse items for sale, that I am rarely going in these days. Surely a better location and layout could have been found. 

It's amateur hour at Bristol Sport when discounts you're ENTITLED to cannot be applied online. Essentially BS are overcharging everyone who shops online who has an ST etc. The shop is fine in the week but I must say I've never been in there on a matchday, it's not much of a bigger footprint (if at all) than the old shop but does seem a lot "busier" in terms of racking etc. 

If a smaller shop was built to push more trade online, the very least that we could do is give people their discounts! 

22 hours ago, Olé said:

As to @Dollymarie's workaround, I can tell you last season I tried an even more straightforward workaround - walked into the shop before a night game, bought items with ST discount and asked them to mail them to me as if an online order (I didn't want to lug them on train and 'interesting' night buses until 2am in SE London) was told it wasn't possible!! 

So it probably is 'who you know' at the club, or the willingness to be helpful can be shocking. Having a Season Ticket is reward enough for me, but I do hate the spin about all these other rewards which are so meaningless and the club make so difficult to use, There hasn't been any food to buy at a discount at the Atyeo end of the Dolman for weeks too.

They were able to check details when picking up the free kids shirt earlier in the season (I couldn't make the June/July dates they had offered) and surely the databases could be linked to do a simple number/address crosscheck...

23 hours ago, Olé said:

You need to use your season ticket card number and post code to log into BS site, so why not also have that as a way to confirm the discount, you might be able to guess a sequential number to gain a small discount, but how many postcodes would yo try ?

On 10/10/2016 at 07:46, Fiale said:

hmmm.... maybe not.

Pay peanuts get monkeys.

Archived