IGNORED

Little dig by Steve Cotterill?

Tipps69

1 hour ago, Fishponds_Red said:

Support?  LJ had well thought out, quality and achievable transfer targets.  SC did not.  SC lost his job due to a dismal run of results and petulant behaviour.   

Couldn't put it better myself, SC just needs to get over it and move on. I'm sure he has his side of the story but what seems oblivious to some posters here there are two sides to every story which includes Lansdown/The Boards.

2 hours ago, Fishponds_Red said:

Support?  LJ had well thought out, quality and achievable transfer targets.  SC did not.  SC lost his job due to a dismal run of results and petulant behaviour.   

Obviously mate, because Gray and Gayle were our only targets, that's why no one mentioned them until August.

And the club was so well-run that days before SC went the board asked Mark Ashton to come aboard and help them wifh transfers.

The same support as LJ is getting now? No, SC probably didn't get the same resources. Gray and Gayle bids aside. That doesn't matter though. He lost the job because we were losing games and he wouldn't use what he had to help himself. He didn't get the support he wanted and sulked to a degree where we were in trouble all year. He didn't use any of the academy lads which a couple were ready for at least bench duty(Dowling, Vyner or even Kelly). He didn't change a formation where opposition manager, game after game, saying they could exploit our wings. He sulked with the same XI in the same formation for 30 or so games in all competitions with tired players wearing down. Making speculating too much but maybe we wouldn't be missing Korey now if he'd got some proper rest last year(not many options tbf but Reid and Dowling better than wearing out players). He shots himself in the foot and still got most of a season to fix it but didn't even try. 

5 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

I think the best decision the club ever made was appointing Steve Cotterill when we did, or we would have became a 4th tier club.

Disagree with that, plenty of managers who could have kept us up. He was just the one chosen. 

Done a lot for us, but nearly sent us down and was given 3 months to long out of loyalty last season. 

3 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

You say that as though naming a man less on the bench in a few games maximum had any influence whatsoever on his run as manager. In fact considering how insignificant it is, it gets brought up a lot.

Because, let's forget any attempts to sign players for now, it was petulant. There was no reason not to name a full bench and I'd say it was more than a few games.

Nobody can know what influence it may have had but it was hardly insignificant. Lot of time for SC but that really bugged me.

3 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

You say that as though naming a man less on the bench in a few games maximum had any influence whatsoever on his run as manager. In fact considering how insignificant it is, it gets brought up a lot.

It's not insignificant, it may not have had any bearing on results, but it did display an attitude of mistrust and dissatisfaction with the squad. That would have been felt throughout the club.

14 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Disagree with that, plenty of managers who could have kept us up. He was just the one chosen. 

Done a lot for us, but nearly sent us down and was given 3 months to long out of loyalty last season. 

You can't guarantee someone else would have. The list of managers available at the time was shocking. I also highly doubt that someone else, even after keeping us up, would have achieved what he achieved the following season.

6 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

You can't guarantee someone else would have. The list of managers available at the time was shocking. I also highly doubt that someone else, even after keeping us up, would have achieved what he achieved the following season.

Doesn't matter what we think because it turned out how it did. Any manager worth his salt would have won league 1 with the team we had that season. That was said by many pundits 

It was right that he went when he did, and he didn't cover himself in glory last season, regardless of what happened in the summer and who may or may not have been to blame for it.

But let's not start trying to downplay what he did in L1 because of it. It certainly isn't the case that any manager would have won L1, or that it was solely down to a big budget. That's the sort of bitter shite we heard from the likes of Swindon.

14 hours ago, NickJ said:

He probably is mate, but also envious of the support which LJ has been given?

So SL didn't support SC? 

SL didn't give SC one of the largest budgets of any team in league one the year we were promoted?

SL didn't back SC to the tune of 28, yes 28 signings during his time at Bristol City?

SL didn't back SC with huge club record bids for Dwight Gayle and Andre Gray, and bids for other players like Zac Clough?

SL, despite the awful run of results in the championship - 4 wins in 26 games, didn't give him time to turn things around. 26 games of time and yet he made the same mistakes.

I would say SL and board supported him pretty well.

On an aside, SC showed a huge lack of class last night. Zero dignity. He acted like the bitter, dumped ex, highlighted even more when he stood next to the 'new boyfriend' and could barely look at him, let alone talk to him.

Archived