IGNORED

I Cotterill

Between heaven and hell

Very strange petulant behaviour from Cotterill with the Johnson interval which put Beagrie in the position of over talking. Shame as I thought he dealt with Colin well when that tosser said something about typical Bristol City cheating for our goal.

Why are people being so harsh on him. At the end of the day he's a football manager not a pundit, and thus is obviously going to draw upon his own experiences when talking. Yes he has a large ego, but thats that. It can't be easy for him to talk about a club he obviously still is fond of, and still wants to be here, he referred to us as 'we' for god sakes.

I haven't seen this many city fans talk bad of him until now, why the sudden hate for a bloke that brought us so much joy. 

Agreed but he kept trying to undermine the board. Like when he said that it was his idea to get O'Neil in but the board didn't allow older signings etc. He was great for out promotion but we have moved on to better things. Fact. Quite why Lee wasn't civil is anyones guess as if i had been him I'd have let him talk and then chuckled a little bit. 

3 minutes ago, BITW said:

A lot of bad feeling towards SC on here. No one seemed to mind his mannerisms when he was winning the double with us.

I wouldn't say that, he was often uncomfortable to watch, even in victory, and excruciating in defeat. And yes, that was much discussed throughout the double winning season. Not that it mattered.

1 minute ago, AJgEEZa said:

Agreed but he kept trying to undermine the board. Like when he said that it was his idea to get O'Neil in but the board didn't allow older signings etc. He was great for out promotion but we have moved on to better things. Fact. Quite why Lee wasn't civil is anyones guess as if i had been him I'd have let him talked and then chuckled a little bit. 

Imo he wasn't undermining anyone, he just told the truth as far as he is concerned. He stated a fact, that he tried  to sign GON, what's wrong with that.

5 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

I wouldn't say that, he was often uncomfortable to watch, even in victory, and excruciating in defeat. And yes, that was much discussed throughout the double winning season. Not that it mattered.

Agreed he's not a good loser! But that's why we won so many that season no doubt. He was far too stubborn in the end and it was the right time for him to go. Just feel he deserves more respect from some on here.

21 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Don't believe he deserves stick I general for what he done for us but if you watched that interview after it would be hard to defend him

He didn't say anything!!!!!!! and he didn't get the opportunity to say anything. I'm really struggling to work out what people are getting upset about. 

People wanted to hear what LJ had to say, he knew that, so let the 'actual' pundits ( who get paid to ask the questions) do their job.

This is getting a bit conspiracy theory... ish :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

He didn't say anything!!!!!!! and he didn't get the opportunity to say anything. I'm really struggling to work out what people are getting upset about. 

People wanted to hear what LJ had to say, he knew that, so let the 'actual' pundits ( who get paid to ask the questions) do their job.

This is getting a bit conspiracy theory... ish :ph34r:

4141 at Burnley apparently

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Did he actually say he tried to sign O'Neill, or just that he wasn't able to sign older players?

Given that O'Neill was in the Prem at the time, I doubt he'd have come regardless.

Yes he did, he actually said that he had GON agreed, but basically said he wasn't allowed to sign him.

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Yes he did, he actually said that he had GON agreed, but basically said he wasn't allowed to sign him.

And there you have, I suspect, the underlying and fundamental reason for the lack of signings when we were promoted. And his eventual demise.

Like or loathe him, Cotts is very much his own man.

LJ is Landsdown's.

IMO.

3 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Give the bloke a break, he gave us one of our greatest season ever, only TWO years ago :yes:

Am I the only one who just dosnt understand the stick he gets on here?

No you aren't,  Bill.

We wouldn't be where we are now without Steve Cotterill. 

Like nearly every football manager, he rose to the level of his incompetence,  but he doesn't deserve to be bad-mouthed by people who don't value the incredible season he gave us - having rescued the club from SOD's incompetence. 

Vent your frustration on our players and manage tonight if you must, not the TV pundit. 

4 hours ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Dear Steve your entitled to your opinion I suppose

Nine abusive and/or derogatory posts from you on this thread against the bloke that dragged our club from the depths of the 3rd division heading towards the 4th, followed it with a first championship in 50 years with a near record points total, with an attacking, entertaining brand of football.

You are at one end of, not between, your username.

4 hours ago, NickJ said:

Nine abusive and/or derogatory posts from you on this thread against the bloke that dragged our club from the depths of the 3rd division heading towards the 4th, followed it with a first championship in 50 years with a near record points total, with an attacking, entertaining brand of football.

You are at one end of, not between, your username.

Double figures then.

I won league one

I won the JPT

I am not happy because that little bloke who was allowed to sign an older player won't shake my hand.

plenty more to come as I've got a quiet day with no footie.

9 hours ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Dear Steve your entitled to your opinion I suppose

On a week where a club legend lost his life you would think people might be a bit more humble towards the people that made significant contributions to the success/ history of this club.

Instead we've got this ***** spouting off. 

The thing is with the handshake debate is none of us saw LJ and Colin for that fact enter the pitch to discuss the game. For all we know is they both shaken his hand as a welcoming gesture instead of "oh well better shake that cock's  Beagrie's hand as well at the end of interview" situation. 

To be honest, if I was doing an interview after I lost, the last thing I would want was the person,  telling me what I should of done differently being the ex manager I replaced. Maybe Cotts was being courteous to LJ by being quiet. 

Archived