IGNORED

Tomlin

JasonM88

2 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

If the video gets looked at, it could well be a question that's asked. Can't thrust your head towards someone like that in today's game.

Saw both sides of Tommo today, good skills, nice strike but a dreadful dive and petulant behaviour. He's a rascal, but he's our rascal...

If they do look at it they`ll presumably also see fatty Lambert poke him in the eye which is what provoked him. I know, two wrongs and all that, but it does explain his reaction to some extent.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

If they do look at it they`ll presumably also see fatty Lambert poke him in the eye which is what provoked him. I know, two wrongs and all that, but it does explain his reaction to some extent.

Didn't see that, but wasn't looking too closely to be honest. If he did, then hopefully Lambert would get something too. Likelihood is it will all be forgotten.

Thought he was brilliant. Cracking goal, sublime skills.

Pity about the diving, but if I have to take that as part of the package so be it. Sure he would argue he doesn't get loads of fouls against him, so getting a few favourable calls evens it out a bit.

4 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Thought he was brilliant. Cracking goal, sublime skills.

Pity about the diving, but if I have to take that as part of the package so be it. Sure he would argue he doesn't get loads of fouls against him, so getting a few favourable calls evens it out a bit.

Did he actually get booked tonight or not? I lost track of the cards to be honest.

17 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Didn't see that, but wasn't looking too closely to be honest. If he did, then hopefully Lambert would get something too. Likelihood is it will all be forgotten.

Surely any video evidence might also look to charge Lambert with impersonating a footballer?

What a "has been" he now is, stealing a living, the fat gas****.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Surely any video evidence might also look to charge Lambert with impersonating a footballer?

Surely not! Andy Hinchcliffe said he led the line superbly and will be a real force in the championship. Are you disagreeing with football`s foremost sage?

7 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Surely not! Andy Hinchcliffe said he led the line superbly and will be a real force in the championship. Are you disagreeing with football`s foremost sage?

He also said what a "big club" Cardiff were.

What a ****, Villa, that's a big club, mate. Cardiff certainly are not...

19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I know he was on the winning side but christ he can barely move these days. Make wilbs look like aguero with his movement.

29 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

I know he was on the winning side but christ he can barely move these days. Make wilbs look like aguero with his movement.

Lambert had the movement of a lamppost and the demeanour of a man woken from a 10 year sleep. The years have not been kind.

14 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

I genuinely couldn't give a toss if he dives to gain a competitive advantage. 

As much as it's a disease in the modern game it's here to stay and if we get more decisions our way as a result then so be it. 

Agreed, but if an opposition player does it against us all hell breaks loose.

7 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

I genuinely couldn't give a toss if he dives to gain a competitive advantage. 

As much as it's a disease in the modern game it's here to stay and if we get more decisions our way as a result then so be it. 

Aside from the ethics, I'm not sure it does give a competitive advantage. It feeds into a reputation that makes you less likely to get the genuine decisions when they matter - in the box.

If we're going to criticise referees for getting big decisions wrong, we can't really support deliberate attempts to deceive them.

Archived