IGNORED

Tomlin

JasonM88

8 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

I genuinely couldn't give a toss if he dives to gain a competitive advantage. 

As much as it's a disease in the modern game it's here to stay and if we get more decisions our way as a result then so be it. 

8 hours ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Agreed, but if an opposition player does it against us all hell breaks loose.

Strongly disagree, this attitude is exactly why the disease was allowed to grow.

I dont condone any Bristol City player diving.

49 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The one where he threw himself roughly to the floor midway inside their half was though.:ph34r:

As that was the only way he could win the free-kick. He was being pulled, arm and shirt, by their midfielder (not Whittingham) and the ref gave nothing for the pull. He would have been free so decided to force a decision; for that I don't blame him.

The ref conveniently forgot the new mandate about shirt pulling and yellow cards...he gave almost nothing all night. Paterson was just outside their box when Bamba pulls his arm and then wins a tackle...wouldn't have been able to win the tackle had he not pulled Paterson back!

I'm an exile so don't have the chance to watch us v often. Sky games are a welcome joy for me! 

I love watching Tomlin, but one thing I couldn't figure out was why he kept coming so deep. He's our most creative player, I can't be alone in wanting him to be 20m further up the pitch. He's got to be able to be more impactful there. It's almost like he's not trusting Pack and GO'N to do their jobs. Reminds me of Rooney for England a little bit. 

Tomlin was falling over when he went down in the box. He didn't appeal and unless I missed something he didn't get booked. 

Tomlin came deep to get the ball as no one else was making anything happen in the final third so took it upon himself to carry the ball and try and make it happen. 

7 hours ago, City Ben said:

I'm an exile so don't have the chance to watch us v often. Sky games are a welcome joy for me! 

I love watching Tomlin, but one thing I couldn't figure out was why he kept coming so deep. He's our most creative player, I can't be alone in wanting him to be 20m further up the pitch. He's got to be able to be more impactful there. It's almost like he's not trusting Pack and GO'N to do their jobs. Reminds me of Rooney for England a little bit. 

Because he was more or less being man marked by gunnarrsson and them stopping us passing through midfield . He kept coming to look for the ball which is what they wanted. 

19 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Thought he was brilliant. Cracking goal, sublime skills.

Pity about the diving, but if I have to take that as part of the package so be it. Sure he would argue he doesn't get loads of fouls against him, so getting a few favourable calls evens it out a bit.

Nope, no justification for it in my book. Needs to cut it out of his game. 

Archived