IGNORED

Thoughts on this evening

Bs4Red

Absolutely gutted tonight as everyone is, such expectations and excitement driving over this afternoon. 

For the first time ever, going to be critical of LJ tonight, thought he got squad selection and tactics all wrong tonight.

After recent displays and 4 wins on the bounce, I was expecting to go out and have a right go from the off. I think we were shocked by the way Cardiff played, I think LJ was expecting them to come out and have a go. Unfortunately first 30 was a stalemate and we couldn't pick a forward pass and could only go sideways and backwards. 

Disappointed Reid didn't start and thought many players didn't step up tonight. Little was poor again and it's so painful to see our players not pass him the ball because they don't trust him.

Major lack of creativity and poor old Tammy just no help at all. 

Cardiff were very clever as you'd expect wth Warnock but what a boring game, absolutely killed by time wasting. Thought the officials were terrible. 

Move onto Tuesday and go again still a great start to the season. We go again!!!

If this was Rotherham on a Tuesday, we'd put it down to a bad day at the office and forget about it. We're going to loose games this year, as much as some take it to heart that it's Cardiff  (which I understand) just look at where both clubs are in the table. 

Having  watched city a lot this year, I know that performance was a blip.

The same can be said of Cardiff if we're honest.  There's will be the longer season.

I'm still hurting this morning and althoigh it might be tinged with Cardiff hating emotion, I think it's fair to criticise our performance.

Cardiff did nothing out of the ordinary, played exactly how you'd expect and annoyingly the game went exactly as I'd predicted: a new manager 'bounce' win. 

Our intent to play neat passing is fine but ot was getting us nowhere but trouble. They just pressed the ball, won it back and countered. 

Regardless of our brilliant start to the season, surely LJ joins me in being fed up with our 0-1 half time habit. It's ridiculous!

We tried to play nice football yesterday but we looked naive, toothless and lacking any idea of how to win individual battles.

Aghhh thinking about it does my head in...

8 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

Absolutely gutted tonight as everyone is, such expectations and excitement driving over this afternoon. 

For the first time ever, going to be critical of LJ tonight, thought he got squad selection and tactics all wrong tonight.

After recent displays and 4 wins on the bounce, I was expecting to go out and have a right go from the off. I think we were shocked by the way Cardiff played, I think LJ was expecting them to come out and have a go. Unfortunately first 30 was a stalemate and we couldn't pick a forward pass and could only go sideways and backwards. 

Disappointed Reid didn't start and thought many players didn't step up tonight. Little was poor again and it's so painful to see our players not pass him the ball because they don't trust him.

Cardiff were very clever as you'd expect wth Warnock but what a boring game, absolutely killed by time wasting. Thought the officials were terrible. 

Move onto Tuesday and go again still a great start to the season. We go again!!!

I'm not having that , I did my best but frankly was n't too inspired.

Agree about Tammy though , Bloody teenagers ! 

To be fair to LJ he did say the team didn't execute the plan for the first half, so we'll never know.  For once his changes didn't have the positive outcome they usually have in terms of results, but we did improve.

Thought the interviews were the real spectacle.  Mostly covered in another thread, but I liked the fact that LJ was magnanimous in defeat and did not complain about the offside or numerous other decisions.

A bad day at the office.  We will bounce back.

The short quick football is the way forward but we didn't see that last night. Bobby not being out there hurt us. He'll get forward and pick out pockets of space when Tomlin drops. Last night Tomlin dropped and had Pack or GON both within 5 yards of him. Normally Bobby would go into the void left by Tomlin. We didn't have that, they pressed and we played long balls all night which Cardiff were happy to see. LJ lost to NW mind games and I was afraid of that before hand. He is a young manager and it happens. We need Engvall in the mix ASAP though as only Wilbraham will only hinder us the longer the season goes. 

35 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'm still hurting this morning and althoigh it might be tinged with Cardiff hating emotion, I think it's fair to criticise our performance.

Cardiff did nothing out of the ordinary, played exactly how you'd expect and annoyingly the game went exactly as I'd predicted: a new manager 'bounce' win. 

Our intent to play neat passing is fine but ot was getting us nowhere but trouble. They just pressed the ball, won it back and countered. 

Regardless of our brilliant start to the season, surely LJ joins me in being fed up with our 0-1 half time habit. It's ridiculous!

We tried to play nice football yesterday but we looked naive, toothless and lacking any idea of how to win individual battles.

Aghhh thinking about it does my head in...

Spot on mozo. We looked very ordinary against very average opposition, as a team and individually we were not at it, created very little, showed limited creativity and sadly got what we deserved, nothing. Possession and neat passing in non-threatening areas count for very little. The starting 11 are certainly capable of better and LJ was big enough to acknowledge it was a poor performance in his post match comments on the OS. Just looked like Cardiff wanted it more and had been well motivated by NW.

Very disappointing. Time for everyone to learn and apply the learning/experience.

I thought Cardiff stifled City's play pretty well and deserve some credit. It was down to their play that disabled us not the team selection. None of our players could find a telling pass nearly all game because of it.

Not a good day at the office unfortunately and it's now onto Tuesday and a chance to get back to winning ways.

Everyone has been rested over the break, but poor Tammy has been travelling, training and playing and has apparently been ill the last 3-4 days.... if we had another forward he 100% would have been rested, but our lack of options also meant we were forced to play a player who should probably mot been on the pitch. How bad is Engvall that even with this, he cannot get even on the bench - is he injured, or have we realised he's not good enough ?

Archived