IGNORED

Matt Taylor

KeepUpLino

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Didn't know that I had assumed he'd signed another contract! Shows how much attention I pay Rovers!

I think he's potentially good enough, but too risky to expect him to come in and compete with Abraham as a regular goal scorer. Could see someone like Brentford going for him, relatively low risk and potential for sell on.

He signed last summer BUT for some reason, the contract length hasn't been disclosed - bit odd that!

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 20:11, Robbored said:

What?  :dunno:

No-one is banning anything.....

Im just questioning why in opinion of some City should sign an average league 1 striker who recently bagged a hat trick.

But it's not just after scoring a hat trick, is it?

Taylor has consistently scored goals for the last 3 years since joining Rovers, whilst also stepping up a level every season.

2014/15 in the Conference he scored 20 in 49 games.

2015/16 in League 2 he scored 28 in 50 games.

2016/17 in League 1 he's so far got 10 in 15 games.

That's not a bad record tbf, and nothing like Kieran Agard who scored 27 one year for Rotherham and the only other times he got into double figures in a season was our League one winning side.

I'm not saying we should sign Taylor, but if you take away the fact he's Gas it certainly wouldn't be the worst signing in the world!

24 minutes ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

But it's not just after scoring a hat trick, is it?

Taylor has consistently scored goals for the last 3 years since joining Rovers, whilst also stepping up a level every season.

2014/15 in the Conference he scored 20 in 49 games.

2015/16 in League 2 he scored 28 in 50 games.

2016/17 in League 1 he's so far got 10 in 15 games.

That's not a bad record tbf, and nothing like Kieran Agard who scored 27 one year for Rotherham and the only other times he got into double figures in a season was our League one winning side.

I'm not saying we should sign Taylor, but if you take away the fact he's Gas it certainly wouldn't be the worst signing in the world!

Looking at this his scoring rate seems to be improving the higher the level he plays at, wouldnt be surprised if a champ club comes in for him at some stage.

The question we have to ask ourselves in this purely hypothetical situation is, if he didn't play for 'them', say he played for Sheffield United or Walsall for example, would we be interested?

FWIW, the lad certainly knows where the back of the net is but many rovers supporters I see around my local area reckon he's lazy.

If the fee wasn't obscene, I can't see why we wouldn't show interest but the stick we would get if they turned us down would be appalling.

Nah!

7 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

The non interest from clubs in the summer is puzzling considering his record . Could there be a underlying medical issue or was he after ridiculous money . Just seems strange when every club is after a goalscorer. 

True , you'd have thought that one of the big clubs would have taken a small gamble on him, even if it was to sell him on in 12 months .

Archived