IGNORED

Matt Taylor

KeepUpLino

37 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What?  :dunno:

No-one is banning anything.....

Im just questioning why in opinion of some City should sign an average league 1 striker who recently bagged a hat trick.

In fairness, Robbored has probably watched him play a lot more than any of us, so I'll go with his opinion on this one...! :)

26 minutes ago, S_Y_G said:

Best player at rovers right now is Tammy's mate from Chelsea, Charlie (another Chelsea loanee) Colkett, absolute class.   If you can bring yourselves to watch a Rovers goal check out his backheal pass for the 2nd goal v mk dons.   

Ha, you have to play loanee players..

Hang on...

Why spend money on someone who would have cost nothing 4 months ago. Goals in League 1 doesn't necessarily means goals in the Championship just ask Agard. I would be hoping we would be looking at strikers from an higher level in January we don't need to shop in the bargain basement 

48 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

In fairness, Robbored has probably watched him play a lot more than any of us, so I'll go with his opinion on this one...! :)

LJ could have got Taylor on a free before the start of the season and didn't. That says everything so for Taylor to come up here as a possibly is........well.......:sleeping:

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

LJ could have got Taylor on a free before the start of the season and didn't. That says everything so for Taylor to come up here as a possibly is........well.......:sleeping:

Almost verging on I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post! perhaps..?

37 minutes ago, Big C said:

Why spend money on someone who would have cost nothing 4 months ago. Goals in League 1 doesn't necessarily means goals in the Championship just ask Agard. I would be hoping we would be looking at strikers from an higher level in January we don't need to shop in the bargain basement 

Too right.

Take a look at Agard's career record at that level, he also worked tirelessly for us but was simply not good enough for Championship football.

Tom Bradshaw is another one, too.

10 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Why not... Just saw Messi score a hat-trick, should we not sign him?

I must need therapy as I thought Rio Ferdinand actually made a good point tonight!

After the commentator kept banging on and on about how poor Messi was by his own standards, Rio said ' I wish I could be that poor, a hat trick, an assist and causing a penalty. He had a mare'.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Ffs!  This forum never ceases  to amaze me........:facepalm:

Taylor scores a hat trick and now some think we should sign him.......

Jeeez.....

Or people realise he's clearly a decent player who's got over 50 goals in 100 odd games for his current club. 

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Whilst Taylor might be able to step up, the fact that no clubs tried to get him on a free speaks volumes.

If he wants to play football at a higher level he'll probably have to do it the hard way.

Sign for Aberdeen?

13 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Why don't we sign Jamie Cureton and Junior Agogo whilst we're at it? They both know how to stick it in the old onion bag...

I think JC might remember a 'welcome' we gave him a good few years ago and it might have put him off joining City, something about 'a bag of sweets and a cute little smile' IIRC. :whistle:

Weren't our supporters singing about swimming garments? 'Speedos, speedos' or something similar wasn't it? :dunno:

1 hour ago, 8menhadadream said:

I must need therapy as I thought Rio Ferdinand actually made a good point tonight!

After the commentator kept banging on and on about how poor Messi was by his own standards, Rio said ' I wish I could be that poor, a hat trick, an assist and causing a penalty. He had a mare'.

He was a weak link on the Crystal Maze on Monday, but still captained the team to the jackpot.

Not sure what point I'm making here.

Telly is edited for our enjoyment or that Rio can't wire a doorbell. Possibly both

Thought it would be useful to remind people that for a player that plays in the same nation as the club looking to sign him, a Bosman can only be offered when there is a month left on their contract, as opposed to 6 months for player in a foreign league.

If he wasn't a Rovers player I think we'd be a bit more enthusiastic about him. I think he's a good player, in my opinion he has a higher ceiling than Agard. 

Problem is I can't imagine Rovers wanting to sell him, and even if they did they'd demand an extortionate amount from us. Probably not worth it, I'd be loathed to give them any money, especially a seven figure sum.

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If he wasn't a Rovers player I think we'd be a bit more enthusiastic about him. I think he's a good player, in my opinion he has a higher ceiling than Agard. 

Problem is I can't imagine Rovers wanting to sell him, and even if they did they'd demand an extortionate amount from us. Probably not worth it, I'd be loathed to give them any money, especially a seven figure sum.

In fairness they would have no choice. He can speak to clubs in January and walk for nothing in June as I understand it. 

For the record it's a no from me .

17 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

In fairness they would have no choice. He can speak to clubs in January and walk for nothing in June as I understand it. 

For the record it's a  old from me .

Didn't know that I had assumed he'd signed another contract! Shows how much attention I pay Rovers!

I think he's potentially good enough, but too risky to expect him to come in and compete with Abraham as a regular goal scorer. Could see someone like Brentford going for him, relatively low risk and potential for sell on.

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Didn't know that I had assumed he'd signed another contract! Shows how much attention I pay Rovers!

I think he's potentially good enough, but too risky to expect him to come in and compete with Abraham as a regular goal scorer. Could see someone like Brentford going for him, relatively low risk and potential for sell on.

Can see him at Sheffield Utd or even Gillingham who seem to be paying some decent wages at that level.

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

Ffs!  This forum never ceases  to amaze me........:facepalm:

Taylor scores a hat trick and now some think we should sign him.......

Jeeez.....

I think it's more based on the fact that he's scored 50+ in 100 games rather than just one October night at Franchise. 

13 hours ago, Pezo said:

I find this quite funny - we talk about strikers on here all the time but we have an above average goal scoring record, for our position in the table we also have an above average goals conceded record.

It might not quite as interesting as attacking but we need to focus on our weakness and at the moment that is stopping goals going in.

Yes but not many positions we could really replace. Keeper? Maybe. Bryan at left back (probably no), Mags and Flint (with Moore and Eksland as back up, no), Matthews has found form again (maybe better back up but Little has done okay this season). Midfield next, Smith is nearly fit, don't think need any others. That leads us to defending from the front.

I wouldn't want that arrogant bellend anyway near our club. You just need to see what he did to the Oxford fans when he scored to know he's so far up his own arse it's unreal, complete tool, but he compliments Bristol Rovers very well if you get my drift.

23 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I think MT did the decent thing and wanted to get some cash for the gas for them putting faith in him and will go for a £££ fee in Jan window

In which case he could've just signed a contract straight away instead of dragging it on for most of the summer whilst hoping someone else would come along and pay him the money he wanted.

He refused to sign a contract, so obviously looked elsewhere.

Nobody wanted him apart from Oxford so at the last minute he decided to sign a contract with Rovers.

A contract in which the details weren't released, very weird.

6 month/1 year contract presumably.

Why would anyone pay money for him? 

Archived