IGNORED

Odd

havanatopia

I would like to use this thread to thank all of those who posted to offer their condolences following the passing away of my Father. Some really nice words all of them very much appreciated. I wanted to reply to some of them individually but alas someone from the administration or modulating department deemed it necessary to close the Match Day Thread less than 20 hours after I had initiated it. That seemed rather bizarre and more than a little a irritating. I have sent a message requesting posts are not archived quite so rapidly especially since they do solicit a lot of interest and replies; no other threads that I know of are archived and closed out so quickly. 

24 hours after sending a message to admin nobody has bothered to reply. :(

Once again thank you to one and all.

May i suggest the Match day thread is kept live for at least 6 days or until the next match.. why close it out so rapidly????????

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

I would like to use this thread to thank all of those who posted to offer their condolences following the passing away of my Father. Some really nice words all of them very much appreciated. I wanted to reply to some of them individually but alas someone from the administration or modulating department deemed it necessary to close the Match Day Thread less than 20 hours after I had initiated it. That seemed rather bizarre and more than a little a irritating. I have sent a message requesting posts are not archived quite so rapidly especially since they do solicit a lot of interest and replies; no other threads that I know of are archived and closed out so quickly. 

May i suggest the Match day thread is kept live for at least 6 days or until the next match.. why close it out so rapidly????????

If you look on the 'match day archive' forum all the match day threads are there.:fingerscrossed:

Edited by Portland Bill

• Admin
16 hours ago, havanatopia said:

@havanatopia I'm not sure which thread you are referring to, but ALL your matchday threads are moved into this specific section http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/forum/54-match-day-archive/ following the game - which they always are the following day of the game.

Which is the thread which is locked?

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

@havanatopia I'm not sure which thread you are referring to, but ALL your matchday threads are moved into this specific section http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/forum/54-match-day-archive/ following the game - which they always are the following day of the game.

Which is the thread which is locked?

Those threads don't appear as being locked but there is no reply option either.

19 hours ago, havanatopia said:

My maternal grandfather was in the RAF during WW2 and served 4 years in North Africa without any home leave whatsoever, my mother said he returned home a total stranger from the guy who left them, sometimes it's difficult to get our heads around exactly what sacrifices our armed forces make on our behalf and the lack of respect that far too many people afford them.

RIP to your dad a fellow BCFC fan.

Thanks Tom. 

I actually think though, as i said, that match day threads have more interest than most threads and yet get locked a day after they appear; most threads do not get locked at all so why these? as I said its odd!

Perhaps you can at least them, from now on, for at least up to the next match or, as others have said, why lock them at all? Move them by all means.

Trust this can be done for all.

Much appreciated again.

• Admin
13 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Perhaps you can at least them, from now on, for at least up to the next match or, as others have said, why lock them at all? Move them by all means.

Trust this can be done for all

Sure this was discussed before, but after most matches a 'just back from.... " thread or comments on an incident in the game thread tend to take over. 

Seemy my post directly above, the thread is NOT LOCKED for some reason the ability to post is removed when moved. 

Like @RedM says only recently noticed there was somewsomewhere alall these threads went. Maybe the answer is to leave them permanently in main football section? 

Anyone know why they get moved? 

Phantom; i think it is generally considered easier to find these threads if they have an archive file. Replies should be left open though. Hopefully Tom now agrees and this can be done.

the 'just back from' thread i agree is a good way to continue the discussion.

Tom; why not just do this... As soon as the match day falls off the first page move it to archive but keep it open to reply. ?