IGNORED

Team for Tuesday

JasonM88

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That's not his strongest team. I'd be very surprised if that's the starting 11.

Not far off it imo. Likes to rotate the wide men so O'Dowda in for Freeman. Paterson cant play so Reid comes in and Smith is just back from injury so 3 games in 7 days is a bit much hence Pack. Where would you disagree?

11 minutes ago, Robin 101 said:

Not far off it imo. Likes to rotate the wide men so O'Dowda in for Freeman. Paterson cant play so Reid comes in and Smith is just back from injury so 3 games in 7 days is a bit much hence Pack. Where would you disagree?

It depends on how fit Bobby is as well. I`d rather he was fully fit for Barnsley rather than risk him on Tuesday if he`s not. If he doesn`t make it then Josh Brownhill I would think.

We should be putting out our best team possible, I can understand putting out weaker teams against opposition against lower league teams, but surely we want to make a go of this ? 

As others have mentioned we don't have lot's of games coming up - just 3 in the whole of November, so plenty of time for players to "rest up" I also see no need to rest Korey and Matthews, they need games to get match fit. I would like us to really try to get through to the next round.

ScreenShot_20161023190204.png

I would hope ROD is given a go but apart from that I would keep the same.

Not so much for the chance to progress but more that we have suddenly stopped clicking for 3 games like we were prior to the international break and wholesale changes is not the way to solve that - game time for your first choice XI and work through the lean patch is the way forward.

If we lose 2-1 but start firing again then I would take that personally as there is points available in the next few games despite the tough opposition if we are on it again !!

Massive game so don't know why people want players rested!! Rested to fight for 10th

Need to play a strong team on Tuesday. Would like to see this assuming Smith can't play two games in a few days.

Fielding

Matthews, Flint, Mag, Golbourne,

Pack, O'Neil, Reid,

Tomlin, Abraham, Bryan

17 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Don't fancy getting through then??!

I'd still fancy us actually. However there's a lot of players who played the Fulham game that got us here that deserve a crack at Hull. Also I'd be prioritising the game Saturday over this as it's a lot more winnable, we actually have a squad this year so why not use it!?

10 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

I'd still fancy us actually. However there's a lot of players who played the Fulham game that got us here that deserve a crack at Hull. Also I'd be prioritising the game Saturday over this as it's a lot more winnable, we actually have a squad this year so why not use it!?

Hull game more important than Saturday I'd say.  

8 hours ago, RedDave said:

Hull game more important than Saturday I'd say.  

A cup game that even with a full strength team may be tough vs a winnable away game against a generally hit and miss Barnsley? I think you're generally being a bit too rose tinted glasses there fella.

12 hours ago, Fiale said:

We should be putting out our best team possible, I can understand putting out weaker teams against opposition against lower league teams, but surely we want to make a go of this ? 

As others have mentioned we don't have lot's of games coming up - just 3 in the whole of November, so plenty of time for players to "rest up" I also see no need to rest Korey and Matthews, they need games to get match fit. I would like us to really try to get through to the next round.

ScreenShot_20161023190204.png

It's ridiculous that several times throughout the season we have back to back home games Saturday/Tuesday and yet we don't have a home game from the first week of November until December, international break or no international break.

ROD

Little Flint Hordor Joe

Brownhill Pack Reid COD

Tomlin

Wilbraham

I want to win but we still have a good squad even if they aren't favoured most league games. Korey needs a rest, Matthews is in a similar position. So Little comes in and that back 4 has played most of the season. With Korey missing and GON needing a rest bring in Pack who will be needed with their large midfielders. No Pato so play Brownhill on the right. He seems adept at beating people and trying to get crosses in. COD and ROD both need a start and COD looks more comfortable on the left. Hopefully Reid fit and TA needs a rest for at least 60 minutes. Not sure if Gustav is ready yet. Looking at it now though, seems a bit too many changes. Maybe we will rotate for Barnsley instead but I imagine LJ will want to be ready for that one as well. It's a dilemma. Hull will show up Tuesday though. It won't be easy to win and I'm not as confident now as when the draw came out. 

18 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

A cup game that even with a full strength team may be tough vs a winnable away game against a generally hit and miss Barnsley? I think you're generally being a bit too rose tinted glasses there fella.

They're both important games because we are a win away from the QF. The simple answer is we play the strongest team we can in both games, taking into account the condition of the players on the day of the game. Don't rest anyone or make changes for the sake of it.

No midweek game next week and only three games in November - that's the opportunity for rest.

Just cannot get my head around the mentality of some towards cup games these days. It's almost as if the prospect of Arsenal at home in the next round in front of 27,000 at the new Ashton Gate doesn't appeal.

Does anyone really know our best 11 ?

Keeper ? Lucic played at Fulham, I prefer ROD's all round game but FF is in possession of the shirt.

Mathews (fully fit)  , Flint  , Mag's, Left Back ?

GON, Tomlin + 3 

Tammy , who probably needs a rest

The rest you can mix and match , I'd probably add JB and Bobby but even they've been rested like everyone else.  

Pure guess work but I'd say.

ROD

Mathews,Flint,Mag's,Scotty

GON, KS , Odowda,Reid,JB (in no order)

Wilbs or Engvall if fit. 

Tammy,Tomlin, Patterson dropping to the bench .

Obviously fatigue and injury will ultimately dictate.. but if you think rationally.. realistically I think it's unlikely we will get promoted, likewise I'd say it's also unlikely that we'll be relegated. Neither scenario are impossible though.

That leaves the cups for the finance, media exposure and local interest - and for once we have a really good chance of making a quarter final in one. I think he'll play the strongest team possible, SL would love to have one of the big sides at home in a sold out AG.

ROD

Little Flint Magnusson Golbourne

GON Pack

O' Dowda Tomlin Bryan

Wilbraham

Matthews is still getting back to full fitness. Golbourne and ROD need game time. Smith played his first 90 for months on Saturday. Freeman is injured. Tammy needs rest. Im saying 1 0 with Flint scoring a header in the last 10. COYR

Archived