IGNORED

Lost Wallet

oldstandrobin

Help needed. Had my wallet in my back pocket yesterday and it seems in the excitement of Wilbs goal, it fell out. I am in West Stand Lower. Block W17, Row 7 Seat 27. Have tried to ring club this morning but closed till Monday AM. Any suggestions please. Have cancelled all cards. Where would it be handed in to ? Can OTIB rescue me as my bus pass was also in there :ill:

1 hour ago, Threshing Red said:

Have you had any luck contacting anyone from the club yet? I am sure the stewards do a sweep of the ground after the game to check for lost property

Will contact them tomorrow TR and hope for the best. Just a recorded message when you ring. Thanks anyway

4 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

Help needed. Had my wallet in my back pocket yesterday and it seems in the excitement of Wilbs goal, it fell out. I am in West Stand Lower. Block W17, Row 7 Seat 27. Have tried to ring club this morning but closed till Monday AM. Any suggestions please. Have cancelled all cards. Where would it be handed in to ? Can OTIB rescue me as my bus pass was also in there :ill:

I hung around for a while yesterday to help an elderly relative out and noticed that the stewards were going up and down the isles, hopefully the found it for you

Hi OSR, firstly brilliant news that you got it back.  This may have already crossed your mind but if you can find out the name and address of whoever handed it in then sending them a £10 cheque would be a very nice gesture.  I say this as I received the same the last time I handed one in after finding it.  This for me was at the police station where you have to give your name and address so the club might not have it, but worth an ask.

47 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Just rang City and it was handed in. Thanks to whoever did that. Good honest fans down the Gate.:clap:

A huge relief to get your wallet back no doubt. I lost mine outside Tesco last summer and when I realised went back and fortunately someone had handed it in to the service desk. The ladies couldn't say who'd handed it in otherwise I'd have rewarded them with gratitude.

There are some decent people around for sure. 

31 minutes ago, Robbored said:

A huge relief to get your wallet back no doubt. I lost mine outside Tesco last summer and when I realised went back and fortunately someone had handed it in to the service desk. The ladies couldn't say who'd handed it in otherwise I'd have rewarded them with gratitude.

There are some decent people around for sure. 

Was it Gary Johnson returned yours?

I would expect nothing less.

Uncle TFR

4 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

That ain't so great news, in fact I'd be quite pissed off that a fellow city fan as taken some money. Isn't this the second time this has happened? I remember a bloke losing his christmas money

The likelihood is that the person who took the money and the person who handed in the wallet are two different people.

12 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The likelihood is that the person who took the money and the person who handed in the wallet are two different people.

I already gathered that might be the case. But some city fan did though. 

3 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

I already gathered that might be the case. But some city fan did though. 

Sorry, I was going to edit that as it looked like I was directing that at you and implying that you were a bit thick when that wasn't my intention and I'm sure you'd already realised the same, but didn't do it fast enough.  Mea culpa.

5 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Sorry, I was going to edit that as it looked like I was directing that at you and implying that you were a bit thick when that wasn't my intention and I'm sure you'd already realised the same, but didn't do it fast enough.  Mea culpa.

No worries mate I misread your post too I understand what you're saying now, I know I come across a bit thick on here sometimes but it is all in good intentions :laughcont:

7 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

Just got back from AG and sadly to report all cards were intact but the £15 in notes wasnt. Oh well,as Esther Rantzen once said 'Thats Life ' :whistle:

Looks like they saved you the trouble of sending them the reward for handing it in!!!

Glad you got your bus pass anyway.

7 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

Just got back from AG and sadly to report all cards were intact but the £15 in notes wasnt. Oh well,as Esther Rantzen once said 'Thats Life ' :whistle:

There are some pathetic losers about.

Couldn't they get Downsy to go through the CCTV footage during tomorrow's game to find out who the thieving POS was? Track him (or her) back to his seat and look up who it was sold to. Then Dawn Raid his ass.

Seriously, theft is theft in my book and if I was in charge of security down the gate I'd be looking to try to nab the toe rag that did it. It's not the amount it's the principle. 

I am almost certain this is the wallet handed in by my wife which she found stuck in between the seats in front of her when she left. She waited around in the concourse trying to find a steward to hand it to and eventually found one and left it with him. No way would she even consider taking money or anything else from the wallet but I cannot comment on what happened after it was handed in! It seemed fairly obvious the the wallet was found by her in the place it had been lost. Really disappointed about the lost money.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Bassett Red said:

I am almost certain this is the wallet handed in by my wife which she found stuck in between the seats in front of her when she left. She waited around in the concourse trying to find a steward to hand it to and eventually found one and left it with him. No way would she even consider taking money or anything else from the wallet but I cannot comment on what happened after it was handed in! It seemed fairly obvious the the wallet was found by her in the place it had been lost. Really disappointed about the lost money.

What seat / row was the wallet found in @Bassett Red

IF it turns out it is the wallet and money went missing between being handed in and returned, then SERIOUS questions need to be asked

Would assume the steward who collected it, would have to sign documentation to say they were given it?

7 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

This sounds like a job for @JulieH to investigate, there are serious questions to be answered. 

I thought the same thing.

OK Julie, here is your chance to prove the value of your association.

Should you succeed (and this is not a game show :clapping:), I am sure you will win over numerous fans of this site.

Dans l'attente de....

18 hours ago, phantom said:

What seat / row was the wallet found in @Bassett Red

IF it turns out it is the wallet and money went missing between being handed in and returned, then SERIOUS questions need to be asked

Would assume the steward who collected it, would have to sign documentation to say they were given it?

Phantom. Have PM'd BR with description of my wallet and where my seat is, the plot thickens :fingerscrossed:  Seriously, if BR's missus handed it to a Steward, the cash went missing from there to the club shop which is where I collected it

I am on a day off today( we occasionally take them!) I will look into it tomorrow, if the loser could privately send me details of where wallet lost etc that would be great. Also some contact details so a theft report can be completed and I can speak direct if that ok?

i will do my best, no pressure then!!

Archived