IGNORED

Taylor Moore

JasonM88

9 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

To be honest,was great on the deck,great-but in the air??....is he really a CB???????.....ball watching.

Looks like he could be an amazing full back.

He's not naturally a huge person like some teenage defenders that break through looking like heavyweight boxers by 17 so it probably won't be until his 20's before we see his true capability at centre back. He's still got to fill out and strengthen before he's strong enough for centre back at this level without finding it tough against big forwards.

Joe Bryan attributes the strength and conditioning program he was given when injured to his ability to jump absurdly high and sprint speed, maybe they'll do the same for Moore. I find the idea of a Magnusson/Moore pairing an exciting prospect in the next few years. Let's hope they both progress and are still here.

I wondered if the guy from the Daily Mail was actually there?

BRISTOL CITY (4-2-3-1): O'Donnell 6; Little 5.5, Flint 6.5, Moore 6, Golbourne 6; Pack 5.5, Reid 7; O'Dowda 6.5, Engvall 5.5 (McCoulsky 76), Bryan 6 (Abraham 59, 5.5); Wilbraham 5.5 (Tomlin 59, 5.5)

HULL (3-4-1-2): Jakupovic 6; Maguire 7, Dawson 8, Davies 7; Elmohamady 6.5, Livermore 6, Mason 6.5 (Huddlestone 79), Tymon 6; Henriksen 6.5; Diomande 6, Hernandez 6.5 (Meyler 89)

6 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

BRISTOL CITY (4-2-3-1): O'Donnell 6; Little 5.5, Flint 6.5, Moore 6, Golbourne 6; Pack 5.5, Reid 7; O'Dowda 6.5, Engvall 5.5 (McCoulsky 76), Bryan 6 (Abraham 59, 5.5); Wilbraham 5.5 (Tomlin 59, 5.5)

HULL (3-4-1-2): Jakupovic 6; Maguire 7, Dawson 8, Davies 7; Elmohamady 6.5, Livermore 6, Mason 6.5 (Huddlestone 79), Tymon 6; Henriksen 6.5; Diomande 6, Hernandez 6.5 (Meyler 89)

That is just ridiculous 

9 hours ago, Super said:

So guessing CB is his position then not RB?

I would say so yes, hugely better. Looked confident and assured from the start and went on to have an excellent game. Forget the few appearances he has made before, I'm counting this as his proper debut.

9 hours ago, Super said:

So guessing CB is his position then not RB?

No doubt about it.

Early days I know but he has worried me when playing there.

Last night he was outstanding, calm on the ball, a superb turn of pace and despite being asked to play on the left of the 2 CBs, our best player.

1 hour ago, East End Old Boy said:

Clearly not, if he thinks Tomlin's half hour merited 5.5...

37 minutes ago, RedM said:

I would say so yes, hugely better. Looked confident and assured from the start and went on to have an excellent game. Forget the few appearances he has made before, I'm counting this as his proper debut.

I haven't seen him at right-back but he was outstanding on his actual debut in the last round at Fulham - penalty conceded aside, he had a great game. 

17 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I haven't seen him at right-back but he was outstanding on his actual debut in the last round at Fulham - penalty conceded aside, he had a great game. 

Very true, I guess I meant home debut. I take your point. 

4 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

To be honest,was great on the deck,great-but in the air??....is he really a CB???????.....ball watching.

Looks like he could be an amazing full back.

As @GrahamC said - having seen him play in both positions, looked  far more comfortable at Centre Half , like Graham, he worried me at RB at times

Looked the part last night

PS -   Big :clapping:to Aiden Flint who was a rock again , didn't put a foot wrong , which I'm sure made Taylor-Moore's job slightly easier

Henry Winter in the Times has written a good piece, with more sensible ratings:-

Bristol City (4-2-3-1): R O’Donnell 7 — M Little 6, A Flint 7, T Moore 7, S Golbourne 6 — M Pack 6, B Reid 8 — C O’Dowda 7, G Engvall 6 (sub: S McCoulsky, 76min), J Bryan 6 (sub: T Abraham, 60 8) — A Wilbraham 6 (sub: L Tomlin, 59 8). Substitutes not used: I Lucic, G O’Neil, J Brownhill, H Magnusson. Booked: Bryan, Reid, Moore, Flint.

Hull City (3-5-2): E Jakupovic 8 — H Maguire 7, M Dawson 7, C Davies 7 — A Elmohamady 7, J Livermore 7, R Mason 8 (sub: T Huddlestone, 79), J Tymon 7, M Henriksen 6 — A Diomandé 6, A Hernández 7 (sub: D Meyler, 89). Substitutes not used: D Kuciak, S Clucas, S Maloney, J Weir, J Bowen. Booked: Davies.

Archived