IGNORED

I want an Elephant gun

Marina's Rolls Royce

An update to my ticketing annoyance and a general rant:

So after my four calls to BS finally enabling me to purchase 4 tickets having been unable to purchase online, I print the tickets off and note that I had been charged £4 extra because I didn't book on-line. Nobody mentioned this 'telephone' fee at point of purchase.

Arrive in very good time only to have my printed tickets rejected by the scanner. Go to side gate only to discover that I have to join a large queue of other rejected printed tickets and a large number of guys whose smart phone tickets were also rejected.

Man in a pink "Im here to help" top ( entrance S25) is manually writing each ticket number and id number into a book the size of the old testament and doing this methodically, carefully and very very slowly. It takes about 1 min per person. Miss kick off (just) despite having arrived early.

Meanwhile there are what seemed like thousands ( probably hundreds) still queuing to get in.

It is pathetic, unacceptable service and were it any other type of business- restaurant/cinema/supermarket then we wouldn't go again. FFS- it's a new stadium, it's exciting times at BCFC and the support is as strong if not stronger than ever so why is Bristol Sport seemingly surprised by a crowd? And why did the pies run out by half time?

I am writing to Jon Lansdown for an explanation and a refund of my £4 booking fee charged because I couldn't book on-line because the systems had crashed.

On a happier note, I thought that was the most exciting and entertaining match this season and the atmosphere was great. Loved the singing at the end of the match in the SS and even the Dolman- many of whom stayed behind to applaud the team off.Fans like this deserve better ticketing facilities however they chose to purchase and whenever they chose to purchase.

20 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

So after my four calls to BS finally enabling me to purchase 4 tickets having been unable to purchase online, I print the tickets off and note that I had been charged £4 extra because I didn't book on-line. Nobody mentioned this 'telephone' fee at point of purchase.

Arrive in very good time only to have my printed tickets rejected by the scanner. Go to side gate only to discover that I have to join a large queue of other rejected printed tickets and a large number of guys whose smart phone tickets were also rejected.

Man in a pink "Im here to help" top ( entrance S25) is manually writing each ticket number and id number into a book the size of the old testament and doing this methodically, carefully and very very slowly. It takes about 1 min per person. Miss kick off (just) despite having arrived early.

Meanwhile there are what seemed like thousands ( probably hundreds) still queuing to get in.

It is pathetic, unacceptable service and were it any other type of business- restaurant/cinema/supermarket then we wouldn't go again. FFS- it's a new stadium, it's exciting times at BCFC and the support is as strong if not stronger than ever so why is Bristol Sport seemingly surprised by a crowd? And why did the pies run out by half time?

I am writing to Jon Lansdown for an explanation and a refund of my £4 booking fee charged because I couldn't book on-line because the systems had crashed.

On a happier note, I thought that was the most exciting and entertaining match this season and the atmosphere was great. Loved the singing at the end of the match in the SS and even the Dolman- many of whom stayed behind to applaud the team off.Fans like this deserve better ticketing facilities however they chose to purchase and whenever they chose to purchase.

When you try and get a licence for your elephant gun, can you post the summons on OTIB, for a laugh?

No-one has got an elephant gun licence for over 15 years on OTIB.

What makes you so special?

:dunno:

Uncle TFR

51 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Unfortunately a licence for an elephant gun can only be done online. You have to print off the licence and take the paper copy to the elephant gun shop , where it has to be scanned successfully before you can then purchase said elephant gun.

When I tried to purchase my elephant gun, there was queue of hundreds of other potential purchasers who had to have their elephant gun licence details written into a large ledger by the shop assistant.

Of course , this could be a clever ploy by the elephant protection league to stop the merciless hunting down of endangered elephants by elephant gun totting hunters. On the other hand it might be because they use the same software as BCFC! :)

Let's not forget the main point here.

It is nearly November and the club can't organise easy purchase of tickets and easy access to the ground.

Oh, come on. This is simply embarrassing.  Surely someone at City can visit a few grounds to find out how others do this properly.

21 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Note to TFR

An elephant in the room is not really an Elephant

An elephant gun is similar.

When I'm sick as a parrot , I'm not actually a parrot and when I'm over the moon- I'm not actually an astronaut.

And whilst on the subject- is there really A taxi for Rennie?

Hope this helps.

A cab for Carle.

21 hours ago, downendcity said:

Unfortunately a licence for an elephant gun can only be done online. You have to print off the licence and take the paper copy to the elephant gun shop , where it has to be scanned successfully before you can then purchase said elephant gun.

When I tried to purchase my elephant gun, there was queue of hundreds of other potential purchasers who had to have their elephant gun licence details written into a large ledger by the shop assistant.

Of course , this could be a clever ploy by the elephant protection league to stop the merciless hunting down of endangered elephants by elephant gun totting hunters. On the other hand it might be because they use the same software as BCFC! :)

The Downendcity story has to be true as we have some paper at home made of elephant dung.

It also depends on which species of elephant, ie Indian or African, is being killed by the gun.

So, why have African elephants got big ears?

2 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

The Downendcity story has to be true as we have some paper at home made of elephant dung.

It also depends on which species of elephant, ie Indian or African, is being killed by the gun.

because Noddy won't pay the ransom.

On 26/10/2016 at 10:56, downendcity said:

Question-can one use an elephant gun on a rhino??.............

Also,i wonder does the elephant gun shop supply hardware/ammo for other large species??

Will post 'article 50' trade negotiations have an effect on this??

3 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Because Noddy won't pay the ransom.

5 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Question-can one use an elephant gun on a rhino??.............

Only if there is an R in the month and you fire it left handed.

Also,i wonder does the elephant gun shop supply hardware/ammo for other large species??

I think we can take it as read that ammo that will bring down an elephant will be sufficient for any other large species. Well, perhaps not a blue whale, but that's only because an elephant gun won't work under water.

Will post 'article 50' trade negotiations have an effect on this??

Ah, Brexit - the real elephant in the room!

Archived