Abraham

SUBS: Lucic, Moore, Pack, Brownhill, Paterson, O'Dowda, Engvall

Got to be:

O'Donnell

Matthews. Flint. Magnusson. Golbourne

Patterson. O'Neil. O'Dowda 

Tomlin. Reid. 

Abraham

Subs:- Engvall. Bryan. Moore. Smith. Pack. Fielding.(Lucic) Brownhill. 

I wouldn't have any problem in bringing on any of those subs at anytime during the game. Squad looks strong now. 

But please, man to man marking and make sure our big uns mark they're big uns tight. Also someone like Pack at the back post plus a bit, to cover if the ball misses those in the middle. Don't leave a Bryan trying to cope with a Macguire size again.

Based on performance against hull, I think engvall and Moore need to start and I think we need to try a 3-5-2 against Barnsley.

.....................fielding.......................

........Moore...Flint...magnussen......

matthews.O'Neil..smith.golbourne

........................Tomlin.....................

............engvall..........abraham........

bryan is out of form and golbourne better in defence currently and engvall's energy and determination will allow Tammy space to make runs 

I'd hope we start O'Dowda and give him a run whilst Freeman is out. We spent a lot of money on this kid and whilst I appreciate he's more one for the future, he still needs to be pulling his weight and justifying his price tag. Perfect opportunity now. Engvall is an interesting one also. Played well against a premier league side in the cup and is now obviously fit enough to be in contention. He's only 20, so a year older than Tammy, but unlike TA, Gustav is our player that we spent a hefty sum on. So a bit of a catch 22. Play Abraham, the more likely of the 2 to bag a goal, which benefits us short term and Chelsea long term, or take a risk on our young swede which will benefit us more long term. Cant see LJ playing both, especially away from home. It's great to have this sort of problem though! We now have McGoalski knocking on the door and old man wilbs still putting a shift in.  

26 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Based on performance against hull, I think engvall and Moore need to start and I think we need to try a 3-5-2 against Barnsley.

.....................fielding.......................

........Moore...Flint...magnussen......

matthews.O'Neil..smith.golbourne

........................Tomlin.....................

............engvall..........abraham........

bryan is out of form and golbourne better in defence currently and engvall's energy and determination will allow Tammy space to make runs 

Blimey...glad you're not manager. Who are we playing against...Barcelona? That midfield has got creativity written all over it...not ;-)

What's bad about that lineup? Tommo is creative, O'Neil can provide a creative pass, Matthews and golbourne can cross, Tammy and engvall can work the channels and create space for Tomlin running onto ball. At the same time, it provides us with a solid base to work from. Key to gaining points is not conceding rather than trying to have an all out out attacking team full of wingers that do nothing but cut back inside.

8 hours ago, taxidog said:

Can't see him picking Joe Bryan.

on Tuesday against Hull he looked disinterested, didn't bother to compete for the ball with Maguire when Hull scored their first goal, and put over 2 awful crosses before being taken off. SO frustrating for a good talent

Perhaps he's fed up with being changed around nearly every game. Or even had an injury.

Fielding

Matthews     Flint      Magner   Goldbourne

Smith     O'Neill 

Paterson                Reid                   Tomlin

Wilbraham 

Think Wilbs could be useful away from home. Give Tammy more time when their defence are tired 

40 minutes ago, Edge1981 said:

Fielding

Matthews     Flint      Magner   Goldbourne

Smith     O'Neill 

Paterson                Reid                   Tomlin

Wilbraham 

Think Wilbs could be useful away from home. Give Tammy more time when their defence are tired 

No, get Tammy on from the start, have a feeling he'll be on fire today!

Captain Wilbs is awesome in the last fifteen minutes.

20 hours ago, WECANDO said:

Got to be:

O'Donnell

Tomlin. Reid. 

Abraham

I wouldn't have any problem in bringing on any of those subs at anytime during the game. Squad looks strong now. 

But please, man to man marking and make sure our big uns mark they're big uns tight. Also someone like Pack at the back post plus a bit, to cover if the ball misses those in the middle. Don't leave a Bryan trying to cope with a Macguire size again.

So...you want Pack on the far stick but he isn't in your team. Hmmm. Who in your midfield line up would you see out-jumping a big CB at the far post?

21 hours ago, WECANDO said:

Got to be:

O'Donnell

Tomlin. Reid. 

Abraham

Don't think O'Donnell has any chance of starting today....didn't do himself any favours on Tuesday.

Archived