IGNORED

Lee Johnson come over to your City fans and we'll give you a good reception

Never to the dark side

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I'd like to see Engvall and Tammy on the pitch at the same time as much as possible in future. I think our players would fit a narrow diamond perfectly as was shown in various games last season. 

Damn it, i was just typing this in when you beat me to it. I think LJ's options have been slightly limited up front previously which may have led to the focus of one up top, as he has brought wilbs on late to help tammy out with two up front. Yet now to LJ's squad rotation in the cup (tensing for the backlash) we have a fit second striker to play alongside tammy, or the option to at least. would fit our short, quick passing game.  I know patterson can play up front, but an out and out striker like gustav would be a considerable aid to our threat infront of goal. Would like to see tomlin as the tip of the diamond and gon as the base, with the other two as maybe reid and/or whoever LJ thinks supplies the strengths he needs there, ie korey for a bit of muscle and fight and calm play, or o'odowda/patterson to drift wide and open up their midfield. Options,options.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Can elephants even shoot straight ?

I doubt it .

They can if they have telescopic sights fitted.

They do struggle  if the target is moving though.

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Fair play to him, if he can get it all the way over there from the dugout. 

I thought it was only Ronaldinho who lobbed Seaman from 40 yards.....

That was one hell of a climax to a game :shocking:

2 minutes ago, Red Rag said:

I wonder if that Barnsley bellend Saul will be back on here. The guy that informed us we would be looking up the table in envoy of the mighty Barnsley all season. Got that wrong didn't he. 

3 months of it at least

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I just thought that as they don't have fingers they would have to squeeze the trigger with their trunks which could make it difficult to hit the target .

This morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas.

What he was doing in my pyjamas I'll never know

(best read in Groucho Marx accent)

14 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

As the players tunnel is in the corner of where we are normally situated.

I hope Lee comes over us and gives a good clapping and we should do the same.

That should drown out any booing.

I don't think that Barnsley have a big screen,so I don't think they put an image of Lee on the big screen.

So the Barnsley could boo at the image,see all you hoardes at Oakwell.

We need  to lend to L J  for 90  plus mins Our Joe s song ,,  Hes  one of our own !!                                 Then we can all     " BOUNCE AROUND THE GROUND "

17 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

As the players tunnel is in the corner of where we are normally situated.

I hope Lee comes over us and gives a good clapping and we should do the same.

That should drown out any booing.

I don't think that Barnsley have a big screen,so I don't think they put an image of Lee on the big screen.

So the Barnsley could boo at the image,see all you hoardes at Oakwell.

Not read the replies before posting, but here goes... 

There's 541 of you. Plus pay on the day. 

When the players and coaches come out, it will be 100% cheering etc. There will be no booing of Lee Johnson. 

We have a scoreboard, a new one, but I wouldn't call it big. And it doesn't show live action. You won't be able to see it, all 541 of you plus pay on the day. 

Hordes? 541 of you plus pay on the day. Northampton brought more in the cup for God's sake. 

22 minutes ago, WhiteyBFC said:

When the players and coaches come out, it will be 100% cheering etc. There will be no booing of Lee Johnson. 

We have a scoreboard, a new one, but I wouldn't call it big. And it doesn't show live action. You won't be able to see it, all 541 of you plus pay on the day. 

Hordes? 541 of you plus pay on the day. Northampton brought more in the cup for God's sake. 

I think there was a bit of irony in the hordes comment Whitey

22 hours ago, Bobfish said:

Damn it, i was just typing this in when you beat me to it. I think LJ's options have been slightly limited up front previously which may have led to the focus of one up top, as he has brought wilbs on late to help tammy out with two up front. Yet now to LJ's squad rotation in the cup (tensing for the backlash) we have a fit second striker to play alongside tammy, or the option to at least. would fit our short, quick passing game.  I know patterson can play up front, but an out and out striker like gustav would be a considerable aid to our threat infront of goal. Would like to see tomlin as the tip of the diamond and gon as the base, with the other two as maybe reid and/or whoever LJ thinks supplies the strengths he needs there, ie korey for a bit of muscle and fight and calm play, or o'odowda/patterson to drift wide and open up their midfield. Options,options.

This has also crossed my mind...however... I have my reservations, and it maybe why LJ doesn't use it...the reason... Tomlin.

When it comes to defensive duties and tracking back...having two playing higher up and Tomlin, then I can only see us being overrun in midfield.

Playing attacking midfielders seems to work when playing Tomlin.

If you were to drop Tomlin to the bench, and lets face it, that's not likely to happen, then I could see an opportunity of starting with Tammy and Engval up front.

I can however see us adopting a sort of 352 later in games if we were chasing it.

Like you say...options, options...it's great to have them :-)

11 hours ago, WhiteyBFC said:

To be fair, Northampton are used to spending their Saturdays in a grim, nondescript shithole. 

3 hours ago, spudski said:

This has also crossed my mind...however... I have my reservations, and it maybe why LJ doesn't use it...the reason... Tomlin.

When it comes to defensive duties and tracking back...having two playing higher up and Tomlin, then I can only see us being overrun in midfield.

Playing attacking midfielders seems to work when playing Tomlin.

If you were to drop Tomlin to the bench, and lets face it, that's not likely to happen, then I could see an opportunity of starting with Tammy and Engval up front.

I can however see us adopting a sort of 352 later in games if we were chasing it.

Like you say...options, options...it's great to have them :-)

The other is perhaps a 442, with `Tomlin floating in from the left.  When I look at the team the only real frustration is that none of our wide midfielders have made the spot their own.  Think Paterson will play more often than not on the right, and maybe the left side is complicated by Joe Bryan and the rotation of him at LB.. injuries aside I would say LJ has tinkered a little but mire than he needs to.  Apart from Freeman's injury he's now got pretty much everyone back and chomping at the bit, in an important month of games.

At times we pretty much play that with Tomlin playing the number '10' role...coming deeper when needed. We are definitely playing more narrow, which tbh, a lot of good teams are nowadays. The great thing about us now is we have a plan, but continually adapt during a game if we have. Sign of a good team and manager.

On 28 October 2016 at 10:26, BRISTOL86 said:

Fair play to him, if he can get it all the way over there from the dugout. 

I thought it was only Ronaldinho who lobbed Seaman from 40 yards.....

Not so…………apparently John Holmes was able to achieve that distance during his heyday.

Archived