IGNORED

The Official Barnsley v Bristol City Match Day Thread

22 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I get Barnsley have goals in them but when do we start questioning the back 4? What is it, 2 clean sheets? 3 if you include the 4 cup games? They all individually have good games but never seems they all do on the same day. Maybe time to shake it up a bit back there to wake them up. 

We have the fourth best goal difference in the league so i suppose scoring more coincides with conceeding more.

Edited by Kodjias Wrist
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

This is like returning to the referendum debate.

Don't read what is written but reply to your own wrong interpretation of what was written

Are you Boris in disguise?

I have just re read your posts and can see nothing to "interpret", you have made statements of fact and 99% of them are ridiculous. Using a similar analogy to yours this is getting like the American Election, you are like Donald Trump denying things that everyone can see he has said and done on record.

• Like 3

Judging from the commentary a draw was a fair result. It's a gutter we couldn't see the game out (terrible defending for their equaliser as well), but I suppose we've had our fair share of late goals.

Tough game next Saturday - hopefully Brighton will be feeling complacent after their win today and will have a 'mare.

35 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Thanks all of you who chose to misunderstand my earlier posts and in doing so helped light up this forum on a dull October afternoon.

One point gained is what I was expecting before kick off but feared we might lose because of the Barnsley fans' attitude to Lee

Well done The Robins

Ivor, step away from the keyboard, you've done enough for today. Please don't read this thread tomorrow as I feel you might be just a little embarrassed. I'm trying to be kind mate, but go and have a lie down.

• Like 4
57 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Clappy Clappy everyone's happy. Ignore the negatives and focus on the positives. A point away we'll take that all day. No-one played bad it was all good and all the decisions were great. Woo hop :clapping:

There's nothing wrong with insightful criticism but there's you and a few others that just seem to be waiting for a goal against us so you can come out whining and moaning. Such enlightening tactical observations as 'we need to defend better', 'we need to score more' and 'he changes the team too much' don't really bring much to the conversation. 

Edited by RedSA
  • Like 6
1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Without Abraham? 

This season is our chance in my opinion.

I think its a big ask from a team who nearly got relegated to getting promoted the following season and no we wont do a leicester.

Ill be chuffed to bits if we finish outside the playoffs. Some big teams in this league and i can guarantee villa and derby will finish above us.

2 minutes ago, RedSA said:

There's nothing wrong with inciteful criticism but there's you and a few others that just seem to be waiting for a goal against us so you can come out whining and moaning. Such enlightening tactical observations as 'we need to defend better', 'we need to score more' and 'he changes the team too much' don't really bring much to the conversation. 

As a bloke who sits a couple of rows behind me in the Dolman regularly contributes...

"Do something..!"

Games just wouldn't be the same without his astute tactical recommendations. 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Indeed, far too easy, if well taken by Hamill - who let's remember turned us down in the summer.

Forgetting  Abraham for a minute, don't you think this young squad can only improve next season?

And that's without whoever we bring in January and the next pre season.

Going by the signings this summer can only see us having a stronger squad next season.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Because both their squads are way stronger than ours and their morale was shot to pieces. 

Also because i am confident they will which is why i posted it. 

Agree on paper their squads are stronger but that doesn't mean they will necessarily finish above us, especially since we already have a 7 point advantage of those teams. Nothing "guaranteed" about it in my opinion.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Agree on paper their squads are stronger but that doesn't mean they will necessarily finish above us, especially since we already have a 7 point advantage of those teams. Nothing "guaranteed" about it in my opinion.

Fair enough mate.

Just feel villas forward line is frightening and with bruce now in charge they will shoot up the table. Adomah, Grealish, Mccormack, kodjia and gestede is ridiculous!

11 minutes ago, Fiale said:

OK. I have three questions about those highlights.

1. How was that a penalty against Golbourne?

2. Why didn't the penalty taker have a number on his shirt?

3. How the hell did their defender stay on the pitch after doing a passable impression of David Seaman in punching the ball clear?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

OK. I have three questions about those highlights.

1. How was that a penalty against Golbourne?

2. Why didn't the penalty taker have a number on his shirt?

3. How the hell did their defender stay on the pitch after doing a passable impression of David Seaman in punching the ball clear?

Presumably the answer to 3 is the new directive about "double jeopardy" i.e. if you give a penalty you don't also send off.