IGNORED

Jose sending off...

spudski

.... what's the point of sending a manager off, if they are still allowed to use a 'messenger' to relay tactics back to the team? Can't get my head around that rule? Where is the punishment? After all...a manager is allowed to sit in the stands at the start of a game and relay messages if he wanted to.

Surely the whole point of a sending off is to punish the manager and not allow him to influence the game anymore?

7 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Yes he's a wounded Man at the moment. Missing London and his Family b-ut not sure that equates to mental health problems.

Are you not a slightly different person to a decade a go?

No not really.  But for an individual who made his name on meticulous preperation, his constant battles with the FA (entirely avoidable) are another oddity.

24 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I actually think he has a mental health issue. There's been some startling comparisons to how he was when first at Chelsea, to now. Almost a completely different person.

I've thought something similar for a couple of years. His interesting/funny quips, these days seem more weird…

27 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I actually think he has a mental health issue. There's been some startling comparisons to how he was when first at Chelsea, to now. Almost a completely different person.

It seems that most of his issues began when his father was in hospital, fighting for his life, which I think was approx. summer last year.  I read an in-depth piece about it, when his problems at Chelsea were surfacing last year, and it's clear that the fear of losing his father, and the trauma of seeing him in such a condition, affected him deeply.

5 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

It seems that most of his issues began when his father was in hospital, fighting for his life, which I think was approx. summer last year.  I read an in-depth piece about it, when his problems at Chelsea were surfacing last year, and it's clear that the fear of losing his father, and the trauma of seeing him in such a condition, affected him deeply.

That is very sad indeed and something very difficult to cope with, however not many of us can afford to give up work for a period of time to deal with such traumatic times. He could have done. 

I find it very hard to want anything but complete capitulation (in footballing terms, not personal) for both him and his current employers. A match made in hell, for me. 

In his first spell at Chelsea he was entertaining, fresh and boardering on genius. 

His second spell came across as arrogant, stressed and troubled. 

His time a Man Utd was a sure fire recipe for success, I thought. 

He appears to still be an arrogant, whinging, troubled, stubborn ass. Hopefully the clash of ego's will implode rather than flourish! 

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

That is very sad indeed and something very difficult to cope with, however not many of us can afford to give up work for a period of time to deal with such traumatic times. He could have done. 

I find it very hard to want anything but complete capitulation (in footballing terms, not personal) for both him and his current employers. A match made in hell, for me. 

In his first spell at Chelsea he was entertaining, fresh and boardering on genius. 

His second spell came across as arrogant, stressed and troubled. 

His time a Man Utd was a sure fire recipe for success, I thought. 

He appears to still be an arrogant, whinging, troubled, stubborn ass. Hopefully the clash of ego's will implode rather than flourish! 

You'd have thought he would've succeeded at Man U, and indeed he still might, but already I can't see anyway of them finishing in the top 4.

After this season, when Man U might just scrape 5th place, I'm pretty sure he'll be finished in English football.

2 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

Bit like Gary Monks Sending off at the Gate earlier this year, totally farcical.

He should have been sent to the back row top tier in the West Stand.

By the time he'd got there, the game would have been over!!!

His first spell at Chelsea was pretty awesome he had a good squad, made some good signings and got them playing some decent football. Since then he's ego has outgrown him and he is upsetting players, fans and officials.

If he was to mellow out a bit and stop acting like a brat i think he would be appreciated more by his colleagues and maybe they might start to play as a team. His handling of the german captain (not gonna try and spell his name) is shocking, i actually think they would be a better team with him starting because of his experience.....just like every time Carrick plays utd play better.

I can't see him having much success with the squad that utd have got, they are pretty average and that's laughable with the money they've spent in recent years.

Archived