IGNORED

Has a Book ever changed your life?

Robin101

A rare serious post from me.

I read a book when I was 13 about a nanny, and decided I wanted to do that for a job. Then in my 20's I started reading books written by foster carers about the children they have had in their lives and that's led to me now becoming a foster carer. 

So I guess you could say yes in my case to your question. 

I read a book on emotional intelligence in my early 20's. It did not change my life but I was just amazed a the complexity of the human mind, bio-chemical signals in the brain, memory, interpretation, recall, damage, false memory, and how it effects other parts of the body dishing out hormones, and signals....   it was a truly big eye opener on a world I had not really come across or even thought about before and I read a few more similar books after. 

On 01/11/2016 at 19:22, One Team In Keynsham said:

American Psycho.  I was dead set on becoming a Wall Street based serial killer until I realised it meant I had to listen to Huey Lewis, Whitney Houston and Phil Collins.  I stuck with accountancy instead.

Catch-22, my fledgling career as a bombardier was crushed by a sudden realisation of the utter futility of human existence and our bleak basic status as sentient bags of meat.

Seriously though, as per @Robin 101's original question, it's my favourite book ever, made a young me radically rethink how I viewed a lot of things, even if it didn't materially alter my life.

Archived