IGNORED

Newcastle Utd Open letter to the other 23 league clubs....

SuperFly2002

1. I don't think that Newcastle are unpopular with fans of other clubs.

2. I strongly suspect that fans of most other clubs expected them to be at the top of the table

3. Good luck to them that they were able to convince an experienced and successful manager like Rafa to take the job permanently. Rafa would not have come here, so there's no point being envious about it and we are pretty happy with the manager we have

4. They sold players for very good money enabling them to buy very well, so this should give them a strong squad to compete very well at this level. We also sold a player for very good money and also picked up a tidy sum for an ex player of ours, but we had already bought very well in the summer, relative to our status and plans, so have no reason to be envious of them and still have money in the bank to buy well ( hopefully) in January.

5. Most clubs will be very happy that newcastle sell all their way allocation , and the some, swelling the financial offers of clubs that don't have parachute payments and 50,000 home gates every other week.

6. If the open newsletter was meant to be humorous then :facepalm: fail.

7. As a result of the Newcastle fans open letter point 1 no longer applies!

Jeez. Well done Newcastle, you must be so ******* proud being top of the Championship

Odd that they seem to think they are hated in this division, yet universally loved for being shite in the level above

I hope to God they crash and burn and get bummed in the play offs. And Sunderland survive. Again

The question I would be asking is what is a "Premier League" club, with all that money and 50,000+ crowds doing in the championship in the first place?

A top six championship team seems to be their natural place.... 

Newcastle United fans = short memories, tiny brains, over inflated egos

29 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I just read it and thought "Smug c***ts".  It's the billy big bollocks attitude that makes people think ill of them, not their success.

:laugh: what success- they haven't won  a trophy like one you get the opp for in the top flight, even the UEFA Cup for nearly 50 years. Clearly a big club but not as big as they think- they will however win this League by at least 10 points, may see what odds I can get on that.

Chelsea fan at work told me a Newcastle fan he knew reckoned we were not too good that day, having an off day- dunno quite how to take that, as praise, slagging or a bit of both!

Never liked Newcastle, this sort of stuff doesn't surprise me. They've won **** all in their history and still think they're up there with the United, Liverpool etc

I really hope this comes back to haunt them and they stay in the second tier a little longer.

To be fair the comments section makes refreshing reading and proves that this was probably written by a 14 year old under his Toon Army duvet (probably with tissues). Those who have actually watched Newcastle for any period of time and been slapped in the face before, appear to have the same impression of the article as the rest of us. 

By the way, I don't remember anyone besides Sky being particularly interested in the fact Newcastle were in the division. I couldn't even tell you if their game at AG was our highest attendance of the season. It doesn't stand out as particularly incredible and neither do they.

27 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Never liked Newcastle, this sort of stuff doesn't surprise me. They've won **** all in their history and still think they're up there with the United, Liverpool etc

I really hope this comes back to haunt them and they stay in the second tier a little longer.

4 League titles, 6 FA Cups, 1 UEFA Cup (or whatever it was at the time) is hardly winning nothing. Not up there with the absolute best admittedly, but certainly not **** all

I do share most posters viewpoints about the smug, arrogant diatribe that started this thread though.

11 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

4 League titles, 6 FA Cups, 1 UEFA Cup (or whatever it was at the time) is hardly winning nothing. Not up there with the absolute best admittedly, but certainly not **** all

I do share most posters viewpoints about the smug, arrogant diatribe that started this thread though.

Okay a little OTT but not in the same league as the team's mentioned above.

11 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Their last trophy was the Inter Cities Fair Cup, which they won in 1969.- the European equivalent of the Johnson's Paint Trophy of the time...

No need to bemoan NUFC for that, It's only the ramblings of one punk, named Dean Wilkins, who obviously fancies himself as some kind of satirical genius.

Best bet is to keep his details and send him a response the next time NUFC are on one of their regular Premier League relegation attempts.

27 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Their last trophy was the Inter Cities Fair Cup, which they won in 1969.- the European equivalent of the Johnson's Paint Trophy of the time...

The Inter Cities Fairs Cup is what became the UEFA Cup and is now the Europa League.

Newcastle won the Inter-Toto in 2006 which really was the european equivalent of the JPT.

28 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

The Inter Cities Fairs Cup is what became the UEFA Cup and is now the Europa League.

Newcastle won the Inter-Toto in 2006 which really was the european equivalent of the JPT.

The ICFC and the Cup Winners' Cup were merged to become the UEFA Cup and then on to the Europa League, so i stick to my low opinion of the ICFC - a competition for clubs that hadn't won anything. 

Good point about the Intertoto - wasn't that the year they decided not to bother with the final and give it to Newcastle for some reason?

Archived