IGNORED

Newcastle Utd Open letter to the other 23 league clubs....

SuperFly2002

Im still confused by what the intertoto cup was... It was some sort of qualification tournament for the old UEFA cup right? But if I remember rightly, nobody actually won anything. There were several "finals" in which the 8 or so "winners" would advance to the UEFA cup?

So basically the european equivelent of progressing through the FA cup fourth qualifying round. Seems odd to include it in a list of honours but then they are desperate I suppose.

43 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Im still confused by what the intertoto cup was... It was some sort of qualification tournament for the old UEFA cup right? But if I remember rightly, nobody actually won anything. There were several "finals" in which the 8 or so "winners" would advance to the UEFA cup?

So basically the european equivelent of progressing through the FA cup fourth qualifying round. Seems odd to include it in a list of honours but then they are desperate I suppose.

The team that went furthest in the subsequent UEFA Cup was the overall winner, and was awarded a plaque. This is what Newcastle did.

15 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Why is everyone getting so wound up about this? It's not 'Newcastle's' letter, it's one Newcastle supporting knobhead's letter. 

We have our fair share of people who think we're a hell of a lot bigger than we are....why would Newcastle be any different! 

and it's done what it set out to do…

3 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Never liked Newcastle, this sort of stuff doesn't surprise me. They've won **** all in their history...

Totally get where you are coming from but it's unfair to say they've won nothing 'in their history.'

Theyve won the top flight in this country four times and they've won the 2nd tier three times. They've won the FA Cup six times and two European trophies...hardly '**** all' 

But having said that, I'm with you, that open letter is so smug and predictable yet doesn't surprise anyone. Apart from a couple of Championship winning seasons, they've not won anything recently...

Is this lot for real? For the size of their club they are hugely underachieving and all they feel they can do is take a dig at the clubs of this league? 6th biggest football club stadium in this country and with packed attendance most weeks and can't even manage to establish their self's in the prem. Shockingly bad run club!

42 minutes ago, South Somerset Red said:

Is this lot for real? For the size of their club they are hugely underachieving and all they feel they can do is take a dig at the clubs of this league? 6th biggest football club stadium in this country and with packed attendance most weeks and can't even manage to establish their self's in the prem. Shockingly bad run club!

To be fair it's one prat, and 90% of their other fans are slating him too.

Archived