IGNORED

Other than City....

Judda

30 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Exeter City (went to Uni in Exmouth just down the road so I also include Exmouth Town before they went kaput.)

Spurs because when I was a kid (aged 11) the boy I liked was a huge Spurs fan so I was naturally interested in it.

Always look out for the rovers score. if we win and they lose, the beer tastes sweeter.

Whoever is next in the fixtures for us.

Not sure how long you are going back, but to my knowledge Exmouth Town are alive and well in the South West Peninsula League Prem div. (Tier 10, one below Bristol Manor Farm and Clevedon Town).

Living in East Devon, Exmouth are one of the better local non-league sides - although that's not saying too much.. Tiverton Town are about the best around

4 minutes ago, Bas Savages Wonder Feet said:

Swansea - live there due to Uni

Real Oviedo - somehow have a share in them

Atletico Madrid - my Spanish team

Rovers - hope they lose

Cardiff - hope they lose

Swindon - hope they lose 

you and me both!

Shamelessly admit it's because of the YouTuber Spencer FC

Tottenham - as my Dad was a fan
Gloucester City - where I live and spent many a happy midweek in the mid to late 80s with schoolfriends there
Hereford - Dad's side of the family all support them
FGR - not particularly keen on them, but intrigued to see how far they can go

Sheff Wed - as supported them when  moved oop North in 1964 with Dad's job. Went to Wembley 1966 v Everton. Lost 3-2 Grand-dad passed away that night :crying:

Torquay United - used to take my old uncle there when City were away as he could sit in the stand while me and the missus stood on terracing and got him his pasty and bovril at half time :ill:

Malaga - had ST there with the missus when we lived in Spain :sweatingbullets:

Southampton - Brother and Sister in law ST holders at St Mary's :clapping:

Gas - hoping they have lost :clap:

3 hours ago, devoncider said:

Not sure how long you are going back, but to my knowledge Exmouth Town are alive and well in the South West Peninsula League Prem div. (Tier 10, one below Bristol Manor Farm and Clevedon Town).

Living in East Devon, Exmouth are one of the better local non-league sides - although that's not saying too much.. Tiverton Town are about the best around

My apologies. Yep. They are still going. I was told the team folded when the league changed 2007ish? Glad to know they are still in it though. Sunday afternoon stood by the river watching the town. Happy days...

As an East Devon resident, are you in Exmouth? I lived there for about 3 years in total. Did some work in Seaton and Budleigh too. Without doubt, my favourite part of the world. I will go back one day but hubby is a total city boy so I expect it'll be when he has to chuck my ashes over Orcombe point as requested!

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

My apologies. Yep. They are still going. I was told the team folded when the league changed 2007ish? Glad to know they are still in it though. Sunday afternoon stood by the river watching the town. Happy days...

As an East Devon resident, are you in Exmouth? I lived there for about 3 years in total. Did some work in Seaton and Budleigh too. Without doubt, my favourite part of the world. I will go back one day but hubby is a total city boy so I expect it'll be when he has to chuck my ashes over Orcombe point as requested!

I am near Budleigh...

Lovely in some ways, infuriating in others. Probably because I'm not aged in the right demographic!

54 minutes ago, devoncider said:

I am near Budleigh...

Lovely in some ways, infuriating in others. Probably because I'm not aged in the right demographic!

Ah. I have an old friend who lives in Budleigh (well I say friend, I haven't spoken to them in years! They are also a red unless they've changed sides).

Indeed, since the Uni closed shop, I'd imagine you need a bus pass to acquire an EX8 postcode. That and a strong smell of cats...

8 hours ago, Oops said:

Berwick Rangers.  An English team in the Scottish league, I have a mental picture of their home games being like the battle scenes from Braveheart 

same here. one day they will the Scottish Cup or something.

Wimbledon as it is a great story of real fan power

Bradford City - because I used to live up there in the Sixties and used to watch them in the old Valley Parade

Queen of the South - because theirs is the only Scottish ground I've visited - a 5-1 demolition of Morton a few years ago. Will be back again one day. And they really do chant "come on you Queens"!

and Forest Green Rovers - because like Dale Vince I am a vegan, and Green campaigner.Would like City to go down the same route.....

'TFC' of course.  They play in red, have an authentic atmosphere at home games and avoided the franchise nick naming convention of most MLS teams.  Went more in the early days of the teams' start-up but jumped on the bandwagon this season and now a draw or one goal defeat away from an aggregate win over New York City and a place in the Conference final.  Win that (quite possibly an all-Canadian affair against Montreal) and it's onto the MLS cup final!

5 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

I drove past the ground only this morning as I was working down in Exmouth.

22 hours ago, cider-manc said:

Manchester City- Before all the money came in I used to get cheap student tickets to watch them. Their fans are still more bearable than the majority of Manchester united fans and I still go to mid week games there every so often as I can't get down to the Gate and need my evening kick off fix.

Also:

Roma and Espanyol. Been to both whilst visiting their respective cities and had a blast with their fans.

I forgot to include Barcelona and sparta Prague for the same reason!

23 hours ago, Super said:

Liverpool and QOTS

QOTS my scottish team - went there a few years back (from Exeter where i live) with a Cowdenbeath supporting mate. A 3-1 away victory later I had 400 miles of 'jingle bells, jingle bells....oh what fun it is to see the 'beath win away!'

and also:

mighty tigers (can tell who the Gloucester boys and girls are on here)!

Exeter

anybody playing the Franchise

15 hours ago, ukneil said:

'TFC' of course.  They play in red, have an authentic atmosphere at home games and avoided the franchise nick naming convention of most MLS teams.  Went more in the early days of the teams' start-up but jumped on the bandwagon this season and now a draw or one goal defeat away from an aggregate win over New York City and a place in the Conference final.  Win that (quite possibly an all-Canadian affair against Montreal) and it's onto the MLS cup final!

Took in 3 games myself at the BMO Field last season. NYC, Montreal and DC Utd. Really enjoyed it. They have a group of hard core fans who are situated behind one of the goals.

In addition to Toronto and Liverpool I also look out for Czech team Zbrojovka Brno. I went last season and a ticket cost me less than £3. This is top level football in Cz.

Archived