IGNORED

Other than City....

Judda

Willem II, Dundee and I always like to see big clubs that have had a disaster claw their way back up the divisions e.g. Pompey shouldn't be anywhere near League 2 and Plymouth (although when in the same division it can be a feisty Derby of sorts) should not be in the basement. Also keen to see Wimbledon do well and get well above MK Dons.

3 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Used to look out for East Stirlingshire, and also Sheffield United, cos they buggers were always on our tail.

You've been very unlucky to have East Stirlingshire on your tail, there is only 400 of them in the Falkirk area never mind the West Country.

11 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Luton Town.

Up to 1977, we lived near there before moving back to the family home city. I watched all the Hatters home games for the previous 4 seasons. My dad supported City in the 40s and 50s so it was natural for me to switch allegiance. I had seen City a few times anyway prior to our move, so it wasn't too difficult to switch and we were in the old first division anyway!

I've been back to Kenilworth Road to watch City play there at least three times. Apart from remembering my heroes who I had seen play there for Luton (John Aston, Paul Futcher, Ricky Hill), there was only one team who I wanted to win.

I went to school with Paul Futcher's son, Ben, who was a pro himself for Lincoln, Doncaster and Bury amongst others

I look out for Barnsley because I work there, Huddersfield because I grew up there and Everton for no reason other than I like them. Whether they win lose or draw doesn't really affect me mind, the only result I actually care about is City's 

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Used to look out for East Stirlingshire, and also Sheffield United, cos they buggers were always on our tail.

Oh, and Gloucester City!

Everybody supports Gloucester City; I know I do.

Yell - ows!

And back into Meadow Park some time next season.  Hopefully.  Demolition just starting but it certainly won't be ready for eths tart of teh season.  Bring back the T-end!

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/watch-meadow-park-in-sorry-state-before-it-is-demolished/story-29858864-detail/story.html

5 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Everybody supports Gloucester City; I know I do.

Yell - ows!

And back into Meadow Park some time next season.  Hopefully.  Demolition just starting but it certainly won't be ready for eths tart of teh season.  Bring back the T-end!

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/watch-meadow-park-in-sorry-state-before-it-is-demolished/story-29858864-detail/story.html

'Mon the Tigers! 

Manchester City- Before all the money came in I used to get cheap student tickets to watch them. Their fans are still more bearable than the majority of Manchester united fans and I still go to mid week games there every so often as I can't get down to the Gate and need my evening kick off fix.

Also:

Roma and Espanyol. Been to both whilst visiting their respective cities and had a blast with their fans.

Generally my interest in results goes;

City

Clubs in the immediate vicinity of us as per the pre match table (made/lost ground, our league position etc)

Results of teams involving anything I've bet on.

Then Championship, Premiership, League One and then League Two.

In that order.

After that, passing interest is local non league side and maybe reading match reports of sides where we have players out on loan.

25 minutes ago, Hellfire Corner said:

Stranraer and Stenhousemuir cos I liked the names when I was little. I always look out for the dream result of East Fife 4 Forfar 5, but without luck so far.

The two clubs, currently both in Scottish football's third tier, have never finished a game thus, although they have come close.

In January 1964 an encounter between them finished tantalisingly near, but the wrong way round - Forfar 5 East Fife 4.

And in October 2011 fans across the country raised their hopes during a clash which finished, disappointingly, East Fife 4 Forfar 3.

One day, one day...

Spurs as family lived about 100 yards from White Hart Lane a couple generations back

Ebbslfeet United - dad and I took part in the my football club scheme a few years back which invested in the club. The scheme is over now but we still follow the side where we can.

All the local sides, Weston, bath, forest green etc for obvious reasons

Exeter City (went to Uni in Exmouth just down the road so I also include Exmouth Town before they went kaput.)

Spurs because when I was a kid (aged 11) the boy I liked was a huge Spurs fan so I was naturally interested in it.

Always look out for the rovers score. if we win and they lose, the beer tastes sweeter.

Whoever is next in the fixtures for us.

Archived