IGNORED

HITC: Spurs and Everton eye Bristol City's Hordur Bjorgvin Magnusson

Unan

Tottenham and Everton are leading the chase for Bristol City star Hordur Bjorgvin Magnusson - who only moved to Ashton Gate in the summer, sources have confirmed to HITC Sport.

The 23-year-old Icelandic centre-half joined promotion chasing City from Italian giants Juventus, costing £2.5million - but Magnusson - who was part of his country's squad for Euro 2016 - is making big strides in the West Country with a string of highly impressive displays.

norwichs_cameron_jerome_and_bristol_city

Now HITC Sport has learned that up to a half-a-dozen Premier League clubs are hot on his trail and have scouts watching every City game.

Spurs and Everton are now weighing up January moves for the player, although they know they would have to pay over £10 million to land him.

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is considering moving on Austrian defender Kevin Wimmer on in January, and Magnusson could be the ideal replacement.

He almost definitely is being scouted, even if it's just indirectly as part of routine scouting in the Championsip. Prem clubs scout so widely now and have so many scouts they probably have info on most players. A young, intelligent, ball playing centre half will be looked at.

I can't see him leaving just yet though, still a lot of improving before he's at a top 8 Prem club level. 

another depressing story of a club finding a talented player, only for a prem club who cant be bothered to find there own players swooping in to steal them, the same old story we get a good player who could help us get promoted they get sold so we don't go up and so it goes on and on predictable but still depressing

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

another depressing story of a club finding a talented player, only for a prem club who cant be bothered to find there own players swooping in to steal them, the same old story we get a good player who could help us get promoted they get sold so we don't go up and so it goes on and on predictable but still depressing

Sadly that's the Pecking Order, we get 'pecked' and we 'peck' others. It's how it's been for a long time and likely to stay that way. I'm used to it now.

It doesn't mean I want Magnusson to go though, he's ours and sniffing teams should be told to go elsewhere, we are told that often enough I expect.

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

Woah there pillred, haven't you been reading since Saturday?

We're shite and we've got a shite head coach, shite players and are more likely to go down than up. Tsk, tsk, get with the program.........:me?:

Anyway 10M? Laters H.

6 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Woah there pillred, haven't you been reading since Saturday?

We're shite and we've got a shite head coach, shite players and are more likely to go down than up. Tsk, tsk, get with the program.........:me?:

Anyway 10M? Laters H.

....and that's the happy clappers talking Glyn! :shocking:

10 minutes ago, pillred said:

I don't find it depressing at all.  Surely the more income we get the more we can bring in new faces.  Moore is an able deputy for Magnusson.

I would love for City to keep finding these gems and turning over a 300% profit and reinvesting in proven championship players and more potential bargains.

Promised land by end of next season if we fail in the play-offs this season and then 2 years of PL consolidation before our push for the Europa League - perfect !! :yes:

24 minutes ago, pillred said:

To a certain degree I agree with you but unfortunately that's the way of the football world nowadays.

Saying that, I'm much happier that we're in the position where we are recruiting young talented players who we can sell for a much higher margin than we bought them for rather than the sorry state we got ourselves into in our relegation season where we had below average players who were on long term contracts just picking their pay packet up and never In a million years were we even going to get a fee for them let alone make any profit.

It's the 'Five Pillars' in full motion......buy/develop talented young players with a sell on value, sell on at a huge profit, buy/develop talented young players with a sell on value.

I don't see a problem with this as long as we are progressing on the pitch.....it's worked OK for Southampton

The fact other teams want our players and willing to pay good money for them is positive as it means our recruitment is spot on / getting better. After a few months a 8 million profit, would the club really be able to say no ? We have Moore and Ekstrand, I know a lot of fans will go ape, but reality is, he would be a fool not to leave for Everton or Spurs if a first team slot is a real possibility.

28 minutes ago, pillred said:

Completely see what you are saying but, as with Kodjia, we just couldn't turn down that amount of profit in such a short space of time. The key is that we reinvest any profits wisely. But I'd rather we were in the game and clubs wanted to pay big bucks for our players. Shows there's something really working on the recruitment front, which lets face it hasn't been the case for a very very long time overall and it's somethin for which I think we can all be grateful. 

5 minutes ago, Fiale said:

The fact other teams want our players and willing to pay good money for them is positive as it means our recruitment is spot on / getting better. After a few months a 8 million profit, would the club really be able to say no ? We have Moore and Ekstrand, I know a lot of fans will go ape, but reality is, he would be a fool not to leave for Everton or Spurs if a first team slot is a real possibility.

Absolutely right Fiale. 

Not only that but what would it say to young players were are looking to bring in, especially from abroad, when they see a player progressing with us so to the degree that premier league clubs are prepared to come in with big money bids?

It can only make BCFC a more attractive proposition, so that if we do lose a player like Magnusson there is a strong chance we will already have his replacement on board or lined up, and have money in the bank afterwards.

10 million? See ya later then mags! This is exactly what we should be doing. We can go out and buy 4 more Hordurs or Kodjias and then a year later (hopefully) sell them for a massive profit. It's the best way for us to compete with parachute payments. Say we did sell him in January. That could be up to 25m we have made this season on 2 players. Bloody mental. 

40 minutes ago, RedM said:

Sadly that's the Pecking Order, we get 'pecked' and we 'peck' others. It's how it's been for a long time and likely to stay that way. I'm used to it now.

We signed him from Juventus.

There's an argument that the clubs eyeing him now were waiting to see how he adapted to English football but I'd have thought if a club like Spurs or Everton wanted him then they'd have gone for him when we did. After all, they can afford to spend £2m on a punt.

I don't doubt that he'll leave, but I'd be surprised if it was to a club like Everton or Spurs any time soon.

If there's any remote chance this is true then isn't it exactly what LJ / MA etc were planning on doing? Buy and nurture young players, go up or sell on at a vast profit?

As said above, I don't want to see Magners leave but it's how things are supposed to happen isn't it, albeit a bit sooner than imagined, regardless of how frustrating it is?

50 minutes ago, Neo said:

I don't find it depressing at all.  Surely the more income we get the more we can bring in new faces.  Moore is an able deputy for Magnusson.

I would love for City to keep finding these gems and turning over a 300% profit and reinvesting in proven championship players and more potential bargains.

Promised land by end of next season if we fail in the play-offs this season and then 2 years of PL consolidation before our push for the Europa League - perfect !! :yes:

neo, I cant help but admire your optimism

10 minutes ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

10 million? See ya later then mags! This is exactly what we should be doing. We can go out and buy 4 more Hordurs or Kodjias and then a year later (hopefully) sell them for a massive profit. It's the best way for us to compete with parachute payments. Say we did sell him in January. That could be up to 25m we have made this season on 2 players. Bloody mental. 

He's worth it though, not spectacular but doesn't make mistakes. No point in selling him now, at his age his value will go up not down and we've already made a killing on Kodjia. If when we buy players we sell the best ones in under a year and keep the duds then not good. Think how we struggled to find decent Centre Backs last time we were in this league.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He almost definitely is being scouted, even if it's just indirectly as part of routine scouting in the Championsip. Prem clubs scout so widely now and have so many scouts they probably have info on most players. A young, intelligent, ball playing centre half will be looked at.

I can't see him leaving just yet though, still a lot of improving before he's at a top 8 Prem club level. 

Ten mil with 20% sell on?

Take the money.

1 hour ago, pillred said:

The depressing scenario is not finding the player in the first place and wasting money on players that have no resale value. No one thought it depressing when Villa came in with £15m....!

It's the smart way to run the club, crowds of less than 20k aren't going to fund the expectations of our fan base on ticket sales alone. 

Our best signing by miles this season...he's quality and most importantly consistent...not just flash's of brilliance.

This is how we walk nowadays....find talent, buy 'cheaper', give them a punt, and hope they can improve us, but also gain in value.

It's our version of 'Parachute' payments.

I know for a fact he's being Scouted, not just by the Clubs mentioned, but other Prem and Championship sides as well.

What our Scouts have done well, is find players of quality, but also capable of adapting to English football.

He wasn't pulling up trees in Serie A for Cesena, but he did enough for our scouts to notice him and see him as good prospect.

The same can be said of Moore imo.

Would love him to stay at city as he's firmly become my favourite player to watch.

But money talks...£10m could buy us 5 more players of Hordur's talent if we Scout well.

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Seems just a bit of Tabloid talk but 10 Million...yes please. Moore can cover and is 4 years younger.

This. From what I've seen, we already have a Taylor made replacement in Moore and £10 million to add to the January kitty..? I'd certainly take that! 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

This. From what I've seen, we already have a Taylor made replacement in Moore and £10 million to add to the January kitty..? I'd certainly take that! 

Is Moore ready to be starting week in week out? I'd agree he's a ready made replacement but not yet. Next summer/January 2018 then selling magnusson on at vast profit and Moore coming in makes sense to me, but personally think it would weaken us if he came in from Jan this year.

2 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Is Moore ready to be starting week in week out? I'd agree he's a ready made replacement but not yet. Next summer/January 2018 then selling magnusson on at vast profit and Moore coming in makes sense to me, but personally think it would weaken us if he came in from Jan this year.

Possibly, in an ideal world, but £10million..? I can't see us turning that down, especially with Moore already in the squad. 

IF someone comes in for an offer around £10m then in reality we should be selling, add a good sized sell on clause, and try and work a loan back agreement for the rest of the season and first refusal if he gets loaned back to the championship next season too. Would cover us well in getting him for another 6 to 18 months as well as having the money to reinvest, which given our recent track record there should be faith we can find 1 player if we bought 4/5 around the same price that could again be sold for a big amount. 

Archived