IGNORED

Leonard Cohen

One Team In Keynsham

21 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Another kick in the balls from the utter **** that is the year 2016.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/leonard-cohen-released-new-album-9237678 

...wonderful that Mr Cohen had reached the point in life where he himself felt 'ready' to die, surely that's a state that all human beings aspire to reach before their end? I suspect few of us will have or will achieve this - so Leonard Cohen was blessed to have been 'ready' .. RIP .

33 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Leonard Cohen has been part of my life for maybe 50 years and I love his music and play it regularly.  He will be greatly missed and remembered with love, affection and admiration in our household.  RIP to a truly great musician and poet.

Almost 50 years in my case.  I first heard Leonard Cohen in the early 70s when a student. We'd have a party the night before and we're all lying around hung over and someone put on The songs of Leonard Cohen - it kept playing on an old record player until someone turned it over and then that side played over and over......

Unless that had happened I doubt I would have chose  to listen To Leonard Cohen.

We had loads of discussions about what his poems/lyrics meant. It was fun but I certainly did get many of them........:facepalm:

Suzanne is probably my favourite Cohen song.

Archived