IGNORED

England V Scotland Natch Day Thread

Kid in the Riot

Think everyone agrees England haven't been good for a while. But I love games like this. Derby games . Anything from Dundee v Dundee United to Portsmouth v Southampton. The quality isn't the best but hopefully the passion makes up for it . Come on England. Let's hope the minute silence is respected by all . 

I will be watching on stream, but quite honestly, it will probably be more exciting looking at the Super moon, providing it's not cloudy.  Unfortunately,  the Super moon won't appear until Monday night, so it looks like I will have no choice.  As the game starts at 21.45 here, I just hope it's lively enough to stop me going to sleep.

Currently at the top cappers' event with John Barnes and Don Hutchison at Wembley - disappointingly no beer on sale. But really looking forward to tonight. Have been to several England v Scotland games in the past (most memorably 96, when I was behind the goal that Shearer and Gascoigne scored in) and haven't yet seen one that wasn't memorable. Hopefully tonight will be memorable for the right reasons. 

2 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

The whole "we don't care that we're shit at least we're adored across the world unlike England" smacks the same symptoms as our HorsePunching friends. 

The best i ever seen was that teams were traumatised when we were relegated out of the football league whereas the teds are despised everywhere. On what ******* weird planet must you be to under this impression...

Anyway back on point with thread topic. Hope we smash them so bad they trip over their kilts breaking their bagpipes and choke on their haggis.........bad day at work trust me!

went up to scotland in 99 for the playoff game and must say the whole place was rocking till we went 2 nil up . in a bar after the game just getting served when one of the lads we were with put 3 lions on the juke box ( never did get our drinks) another quick story was living in ozz when we played them in euro 96 . the game kicked off midnight over there and 5 of us got a invite to the sydney rangers supportes club to watch the game .we all know the result and after the game ended made a move to another bar as being with 200 pissed jocks 2 in the morning didnt seem like a good idea. anyway next day went back to get my city flag and said to the landlord what a good night it was, he looked up said they all started fighting each other to which ha called the police . i asked what they did, he said had one look and turned around and were gone

Its a big chance for England to win back some fans tonight (me included) after countless amounts of failed tournaments. I am not confident with the manager and the squad he's picked, spineless FA yes boy.

I want to see some belief, passion, some fight and to play without fear, if we can't get motivated vs Scotland my international viewing might be over.

Pull your socks up England and turn off the ego's for a couple of hours and lets get stuck into the jocks!

My word England are a poor side, aren't they?

Scotland have done okay and stuck to the game plan. Trouble is the centrehalfs are pretty terrible which means the Scottish midfield cannot squeeze up and support Griffiths.

Not over by any stretch but it'll be energy sapping for Scotland to keep chasing the game which should open it up for England in the second half.

Archived