IGNORED

left behind in league 1

cityred exile

In the Gillingham  Northampton game today   I note  5 recent ex players in the line ups  ,     Moloney , Nyatanga , & Anderson for the cobblers ,  Waggy  on the bench for the Gills  ,   and  our old Maverick JET  who had one of his good days  laying on with a flick for the 1st  goal    before his 92 min ! winning goal    Apparently  he is there current  leading goalscorer  , and considering hes only bothered to appear in half the games this season  Its the old JET !                on a side note I see Agard failed to score for MK  with Nicky an in used sub !

20 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Well on his way to becoming a Barnet legend! Sometimes it is just right player, right club, right time isn`t it?

66 goals in 103 appearances is pretty decent. Surprised a L1 club hasn't looked again at him, only 27 still 

37 minutes ago, Taz said:

1. How is he still managing to steal a wage?

2. How on earth did he get far enough forward to make that possible - presuming it wasn't an own goal of course.

Judging from the highlights it looked like a pretty good goal, too. I nearly spilled my beer in shock when I saw the goal on TV last night.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think he scored for Pompey v Mansfield. I thought when Sky said it that I was surprised he was there. It does appear that is was our former RB who scored for Orient

Yes Nicky  when he left us went to Accrington  then Mansfield  where he was captain for 2 years  then   left on  a free to the  Orient

22 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I'm sure it was not ;)

The second goal he scores was the one where I started to question all I know about football........ watching him wander through their defence I said to my daughter "is football really that easy? I think either I have misunderstood it for years or there are certain players that just have the ability to make it look like that"  For all the other stuff that goes with him, I still miss those moments where he could light up a dull game, I know Tomlin can do special things, but I think there is something about how JET does it so effortlessly that makes it extra special.

4 hours ago, Marlborough Red said:

Fond memories indeed. Makes it look so easy. Such a talented player . Goal scorer and provider. Should never have let him go. Would have been a great foil for Tammy IMO. We are still a striker short in our squad. Love to see him back in January.

We didn't 'let him go', he wanted to leave & wanted to go back to the centre of the universe (London). We had little to no choice in the matter.

13 hours ago, Marlborough Red said:

Fond memories indeed. Makes it look so easy. Such a talented player . Goal scorer and provider. Should never have let him go. Would have been a great foil for Tammy IMO. We are still a striker short in our squad. Love to see him back in January.

:facepalm:

Archived