IGNORED

Atyeo bar

Red Army 75

Just received an email from supporters club and trust and thought this was an excellent idea for anyone interested.

New Atyeo bar

As you may know, when the players' new changing rooms are finally ready in the West Stand and they vacate the current facilities under the Atyeo, the plan is to gut much of that space and convert it - with major involvement from the fans - into a new supporters bar, with a 100% Bristol City look and feel. However, precisely what it will look like is not yet decided. And that's where you might be able to help! That is if you are a dab hand at computer-aided interior design.

Can you create visuals of what internal spaces might look like based on a variety of suggestions and ideas? Do you fancy playing a key role in this exciting project? Want to help design a unique Bristol City bar under the Atyeo Stand? Then please drop us a line at info@bristolcitysupporters.org

I know that available space options will be limited and I'm not being pedantic, but isn't that the Away end part of the ground and do we need another bar that will only be utilised and open on Match Day's..?

I know the facilities at the Atyeo end aren't up to the rest of the ground, but is another new bar really needed and necessary..? 

If it is, then great, but if it's just something that a minority have called for, then is it the best and most practical use of space, to have a "100% City themed pub" That's likely to only be used briefly before 23 matches per season and right in the middle of the Away supports entrance area to the ground..?

Do the costs/ROI really work out to be viable..?

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I know that available space options will be limited and I'm not being pedantic, but isn't that the Away end part of the ground and do we need another bar that will only be utilised and open on Match Day's..?

I know the facilities at the Atyeo end aren't up to the rest of the ground, but is another new bar really needed and necessary..? 

If it is, then great, but if it's just something that a minority have called for, then is it the best and most practical use of space, to have a "100% City themed pub" That's likely to only be used briefly before 23 matches per season and right in the middle of the Away supports entrance area to the ground..?

Theme and open are probably two different things.

If the demand is there I would guess the rugby fans will get to use it as well, even if it isn't decorated to their taste.

24 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Many fans have been calling for BS to provide the stadium with more identity of the two main clubs as large swathes of it is either quite monotone or very corporate.

We know the final touches are a work in progress and we will soon have part of the Lansdown Stand Concourse "developed" into a rugby theme http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/lansdown-stand-to-include-bristol-rugby-clubhouse/ akin to the BCFC themed South Stand and I believe the Supporters club will also be getting their own "bar" somewhere within the stadium although that's an historical arrangement.

I suppose this is another step in the right direction although I would have thought knocking it through and expanding the very small concourse areas and giving it over to the fans to design and deck out would have been more practical and beneficial than creating another bar that will clearly be limited on numbers and only used periodically  

10 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

If the pub bar or whatever is open to all bar bs3 there are fans from the Dolman who would use it. Dolman concourse where you cant even put a pint down is not for all. as long as it does not become the section 82 blah blah bar best of luck to those willing to spare their time trying to improve something.

Can't believe that Mr BS3 has already been excluded entry.

Some of his posts might be slightly controversial, but to deny him entry to a new pub.....

Often choosing the facilities on Ashton Road between 2 - 3pm.

So are many many others.

Public toilet ... No queuing.

Quick service at number 34 ... Cheap too.

Several hundred metres of wall seating and can parking space.

Communal.

Au natural.

Would spend more money inside the stadium if it offered something better ... Don't bother at all at half time with the new Dolman excruciation hall.

Four legs, bit of wood on top .... Is a table too much to ask for in 2016?

Atyeo pub makes sense.

1 hour ago, Trueredsupporte said:

If the pub bar or whatever is open to all bar bs3 there are fans from the Dolman who would use it. Dolman concourse where you cant even put a pint down is not for all. as long as it does not become the section 82 blah blah bar best of luck to those willing to spare their time trying to improve something.

Will it be big enough to open to all..? 

I can only imagine a relatively small pub area being designated. 

I understand that for Atyeo supporters,who can't use the "horseshoe" facilities in the rest of the ground, better refreshment facilities are required. I'm just questioning whether a "City pub" in the locatation suggested, is really viable. 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'd be very surprised if it is open to anyone except Atyeo ticket holders.

All other stands have their own facilities.

if the door entrance to the pub/bar is on the car park of the Atyeo then I don't see why it can't be open to all and have it an in out function the way the Sports bar and grill operates.

Crawley have a supporters bar for home and away which is a good example of enterance, size and layout.

Theme? Lots of fan and players photos and much how the three lions is kitted out.

Many I speak to like the bar/pub feel rather than a big open concourse of food and drink shutters and a big bar that's like a night club you get lost in and a massive hike to the toilets.

3 minutes ago, cider head said:

if the door entrance to the pub/bar is on the car park of the Atyeo then I don't see why it can't be open to all and have it an in out function the way the Sports bar and grill operates.

Crawley have a supporters bar for home and away which is a good example of enterance, size and layout.

Theme? Lots of fan and players photos and much how the three lions is kitted out.

Many I speak to like the bar/pub feel rather than a big open concourse of food and drink shutters and a big bar that's like a night club you get lost in and a massive hike to the toilets.

Get the point; but if it is open to all, then people who have access to facilities in their own chosen stand would possibly be denying an Atyeo ticket holder access to a facility in an area where they have no other choice/option.

17 minutes ago, cider head said:

But wouldn't that entrance be smack bang in the middle of the Away end area..?

The bar/clubhouse at Crawley welcomes away fans. I can't see this Atyeo pub doing so. I cal also see it, logistically, only being half the size of the venue at Crawley. 

3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

The answer is yes. If the facilities are poor. Improve. Nothing there to object to.

But wouldn't improved concourses be more viable, cost effective, bigger space and more utilised (Rugby as well) Than a small (I assume it can only be a small space) aimed purely at a City theme. 

I'm just raising questions about viability, not saying it shouldn't happen. 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

But wouldn't that entrance be smack bang in the middle of the Away end area..?

The bar/clubhouse at Crawley welcomes away fans. I can't see this Atyeo pub doing so. I cal also see it, logistically, only being half the size of the venue at Crawley. 

No as the under part runs almost the length of the stand and half will be gutted out for the ground staffs equipment (players dressing room tunnel side) and the other end by the home turnstiles would be for the Atyeo bar which currently has offices, store room and gym area.. Away fans yeah certain clubs maybe not but a fair few drink around city fans around bedminster and not bothered but to be fair I was talking more layout and size which would be the space given.

34 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Get the point; but if it is open to all, then people who have access to facilities in their own chosen stand would possibly be denying an Atyeo ticket holder access to a facility in an area where they have no other choice/option.

When I say open to all it should be exactly that and replacing a themed pub/bar that some feel the fans have lost i.e. The old supporters club and Harry's bar etc now yes it is going under the Atyeo but that should not mean an exclusive Atyeo fans bar, it may well get the up take by the Atyeo at half time due to the way the car park gets policed for fans fag breaks but before and after matches it should be a themed Bristol city bar that also can be an extension of what some fans do on their pre match routine which a last pint before kick off in a bar kitted out like the three lions, and feel of Masonic, Rising sun and Spanish bar, not that it will stop fans enjoying the Bar and grill and the entertainment in the car park but this would be adding to a missing piece to Ashton gate.

Get more fans to the Gate before game spending money and not sat on park walls.

It appears even stools and tables cannot be added to the Dolman concourse.

There is an improvement to be made in the Atyeo now. It is feasible that this "unique Bristol City bar under the Atyeo Stand" can be accessed by City fans from outside the Atyeo = A worthwhile aim, project with fans behind it (?) to give it momentum.

8 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Should we get promoted in the next few years, won't we then be handing the whole Atyeo over to away fans? Just a thought.

Would certain teams in the prem see Bristol city as an attractive away game when a fair few may skip us due to champions league away games and local Derbys possibly the same week??

Plenty of empty seats seen in the prem.

14 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Should we get promoted in the next few years, won't we then be handing the whole Atyeo over to away fans? Just a thought.

I would hope not unless it's something the club has to do (ie provide a bigger allocation for away teams). I'm not familiar with the rules in the Prem for home and away allocations but I would imagine that we would have few problems filling the home areas of the ground that we currently use including the Atyeo section.

9 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I would hope not unless it's something the club has to do (ie provide a bigger allocation for away teams). I'm not familiar with the rules in the Prem for home and away allocations but I would imagine that we would have few problems filling the home areas of the ground that we currently use including the Atyeo section.

I believe it's 10% upto max of 3k allocation that HAS to be offered. 

In the Prem we'd hardly need to to change the current set up at all. 

3 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Many fans have been calling for BS to provide the stadium with more identity of the two main clubs as large swathes of it is either quite monotone or very corporate.

We know the final touches are a work in progress and we will soon have part of the Lansdown Stand Concourse "developed" into a rugby theme http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/lansdown-stand-to-include-bristol-rugby-clubhouse/ akin to the BCFC themed South Stand and I believe the Supporters club will also be getting their own "bar" somewhere within the stadium although that's an historical arrangement.

I suppose this is another step in the right direction although I would have thought knocking it through and expanding the very small concourse areas and giving it over to the fans to design and deck out would have been more practical and beneficial than creating another bar that will clearly be limited on numbers and only used periodically  

This

3 hours ago, Trueredsupporte said:

totally agree about the Dolman Bar, bizarre there aren't any tables, maybe coming later?

3 hours ago, cider head said:

When I say open to all it should be exactly that and replacing a themed pub/bar that some feel the fans have lost i.e. The old supporters club and Harry's bar etc now yes it is going under the Atyeo but that should not mean an exclusive Atyeo fans bar, it may well get the up take by the Atyeo at half time due to the way the car park gets policed for fans fag breaks but before and after matches it should be a themed Bristol city bar that also can be an extension of what some fans do on their pre match routine which a last pint before kick off in a bar kitted out like the three lions, and feel of Masonic, Rising sun and Spanish bar, not that it will stop fans enjoying the Bar and grill and the entertainment in the car park but this would be adding to a missing piece to Ashton gate.

Get more fans to the Gate before game spending money and not sat on park walls.

I agree with what you say, how do you fancy being project manager? I can't remember the layout underneath the Atyeo, got any plans to look at? So when can we start?

43 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

I agree with what you say, how do you fancy being project manager? I can't remember the layout underneath the Atyeo, got any plans to look at? So when can we start?

Would be nice ;) ..  I think the supporters club and trust are to hold a meeting soon with the club about the Atyeo so we'll see..

Deccor aside this is Crawley's Redz bar and this could be done for the Atyeo.

Enter the bar via the Carpark thus not having to go inside the ground for a drink then come out to go to the turnstile.

craw_zpsipsiph1y.jpg

craw1_zpsqctxt4xa.jpg

craw3_zpswlytyj50.jpg

Archived