IGNORED

Atyeo bar

Red Army 75

8 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Each to his own, my neighbour although French lived and worked in Madrid for 25 years and every time we get invited over for tapas, I make sure that their dogs are close by, I love most cuisines and consider myself adventurous, my son is a chef but I hate tapas, as I say I think it's the latest cult food myth, but hey ho.

And don't get me started on andouillette that is dog shit.

6 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Each to his own, my neighbour although French lived and worked in Madrid for 25 years and every time we get invited over for tapas, I make sure that their dogs are close by, I love most cuisines and consider myself adventurous, my son is a chef but I hate tapas, as I say I think it's the latest cult food myth, but hey ho.

I enjoy food from most cultures...my least favourite being North American. They'll deep fry everything.

I like Tapas...because it's social and tasty and can be eaten from bar to bar.

So many types of Tapas too EMB...perhaps he's just cooking stuff not to your liking. It's so varied.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

I enjoy food from most cultures...my least favourite being North American. They'll deep fry everything.

I like Tapas...because it's social and tasty and can be eaten from bar to bar.

So many types of Tapas too EMB...perhaps he's just cooking stuff not to your liking. It's so varied.

Tried tapas back in the late 80's in and around Marbella and up in Mijas and more out lying areas of the mountains, tried it all of the Canary islands, I just think that it's overrated, my son always says one day somebody like Jamie Oliver will boil a turd in his own piss and people will say they enjoy it, it seems to be the world that we live in.

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

I had that in Orlean...agreed ;-)

Like you you I have tried tapas and continue to do so, just not a fan, I have tried andouillette, so at least I am coming from a position of strength, I know people who hate fish but never eaten as much as a sardine, which really is strange imo.

Tonight I had a foie gras, apple and cranberries in a pie and it was delicious and will I buy that again from the deli.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Tried tapas back in the late 80's in and around Marbella and up in Mijas and more out lying areas of the mountains, tried it all of the Canary islands, I just think that it's overrated, my son always says one day somebody like Jamie Oliver will boil a turd in his own piss and people will say they enjoy it, it seems to be the world that we live in.

Like you you I have tried tapas and continue to do so, just not a fan, I have tried andouillette, so at least I am coming from a position of strength, I know people who hate fish but never eaten as much as a sardine, which really is strange imo.

Tonight I had a foie gras, apple and cranberries in a pie and it was delicious and will I buy that again from the deli.

Well at least you've given it a try EMB....most people these days turn there nose up at anything unless it's been processed.

I used to have oeuf cocotte with foie gras whilst living in France for lunch many times. Very nice :-)

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Well at least you've given it a try EMB....most people these days turn there nose up at anything unless it's been processed.

I used to have oeuf cocotte with foie gras whilst living in France for lunch many times. Very nice :-)

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

image.jpg

What's this thread?

In summary I guess

1. Some people have had nice holidays, lifestyles and would love to tell us about them. (I'll get the kodiak carousel ready next time)

2. Some people like foreign food, some don't.  However what counts as foreign these days is questionable

3. I bet the lot going on about andoulleitte weren't bought up on tripe and onions, pretentious hipsters

4. Willem II is still a thing.

5. If the bar gets built it will be a bar like any other apart from being covered in DC wxxxs dogs stickers.

6. Mary Berry - that's the tricky one but probably yes.

I'm very surprised the club is going to hand over space that is only going to be used perhaps once a fortnight for a couple of hours to a relatively small group of fans, ( by small I mean the capacity it could take not the number of 82 ultras or whatever the latest name is) I know for  a fact that even with a huge expanded ground internal space is a premium thst has to be paid and accounted for, are you sure the club is donating this space for 'free' as such or will they want some sort of paid membership? 

Also the club are providing an area for the rugby and the SC and Trust people too, more likely all 3 groups will end up sharing the same space, though obviously in the rugby so case not on the same days, but thought will have to be given to decor. Maybe some of the supporters Trust people won't want to sit looking at stickers and slogans for example. Will children be admitted, again as far as the club are concerned they will want it 'toned down'. People are often shown around the ground, they will want the area suitable for all eyes to see.

Will items have to be removed and stored in between matches like the current arrangement is now for the stand, this will let the club use the area for other things I between times, believe me if they can sell as space they will! 

If for example someone puts up a picture, flag etc, perhaps something rare or sentimental, whose property does it become in event of fire or theft, is it covered by insurance. Is it loaned or donated, big difference. What if a cleaner throws it into a skip?!!! 

No doubt much of this has already been thought of and discussed, but just trying to raise a few issues which may not have been thought of but will need sorting. Never take anything for granted, those Gasheads at least have taught us watertight is never watertight!

8 hours ago, RumRed said:

What's this thread?

In summary I guess

1. Some people have had nice holidays, lifestyles and would love to tell us about them. (I'll get the kodiak carousel ready next time)

2. Some people like foreign food, some don't.  However what counts as foreign these days is questionable

3. I bet the lot going on about andoulleitte weren't bought up on tripe and onions, pretentious hipsters

5. If the bar gets built it will be a bar like any other apart from being covered in DC wxxxs dogs stickers.

I hope you know what Andoulleitte is fella....that's either very clever or a surreal mistake ;-)

Having said that...having seen the muck the majority of English folk stick down their throat without ever thinking about it, and the size they are, spilling out of their 'Disability' scooters outside of Greggs and Weatherspoons...then I'm happy to be more discerning....it's one of my biggest gripes about our society.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I'm very surprised the club is going to hand over space that is only going to be used perhaps once a fortnight for a couple of hours to a relatively small group of fans, ( by small I mean the capacity it could take not the number of 82 ultras or whatever the latest name is) I know for  a fact that even with a huge expanded ground internal space is a premium thst has to be paid and accounted for, are you sure the club is donating this space for 'free' as such or will they want some sort of paid membership? 

Also the club are providing an area for the rugby and the SC and Trust people too, more likely all 3 groups will end up sharing the same space, though obviously in the rugby so case not on the same days, but thought will have to be given to decor. Maybe some of the supporters Trust people won't want to sit looking at stickers and slogans for example. Will children be admitted, again as far as the club are concerned they will want it 'toned down'. People are often shown around the ground, they will want the area suitable for all eyes to see.

Will items have to be removed and stored in between matches like the current arrangement is now for the stand, this will let the club use the area for other things I between times, believe me if they can sell as space they will! 

If for example someone puts up a picture, flag etc, perhaps something rare or sentimental, whose property does it become in event of fire or theft, is it covered by insurance. Is it loaned or donated, big difference. What if a cleaner throws it into a skip?!!! 

No doubt much of this has already been thought of and discussed, but just trying to raise a few issues which may not have been thought of but will need sorting. Never take anything for granted, those Gasheads at least have taught us watertight is never watertight!

As said before the pub/bar would be open to all who wish to use it and not an S82 project this is why it is a must a door enterance is fitted via the car park, the bar/pub is said to add to current facilities at Ashton gate but also help to replace what some fans feel they have lost and it will give fans more choice.

The rugby club can use it but it has to be said it will be a dedicated Bristol city football club decor orientated and let's be fair there are many fans who support both rugby and football so it should not be a problem and also Bristol rugby are to get a dedecated area in the new lansdown stand which I feel won't get taken up or down for matches of each sport, likewise this new Atyeo bar/pub.

Adding to the choice the supporters club and trust are to move back to their old dolman bar space which free's up premium space at the south stand end for all the cooperate, hospitality and party functions which eases all the up and down time to these areas.

These new areas have been asked for since the old supporters club went from the old Williams stand so this is nothing new or an S82 demand and also speaking to many I know sat in the old A block dolman say they are missing the old facilities within short distance to their seats i.e. The old dolman bar and Harry's bar which is now said to be a concourse of unappealing empty space, no chairs or tables or a homely feel to it.

The club will not be handing over the space persay for free as I am sure they will still have a say on what is sold and would take money from the bar, this is more a project for a fans bar/pub area to get those involved in the decor and giving a missing piece back to Ashton gate.

When the first meetings appeared about the redevelopment the questions were asked "how can we get fans out of the pubs and off the park wall from buying in the local off licence" and all this was given back then long before S82 and in those meetings the sports bar and grill was supposed to be the new Wedlock bar? But it was said give the fans a reasonable price on food and drink and some areas that reflect the mood, feel and ambience of some of the pubs of north and west street and fans will come and drink early at Ashton gate,, that said the car park area and sports bar and grill is ok (I like some of the bands that play) and it is suited to a fair group of fans but all we are asking is for this last small bit to finish it off for all types of supporters and we are almost there..

11 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

If this is a Bristol City bar for Bristol City fans, can we agree that there are to be the same number of Will.i.am 2 flags as there are references to Bristol Rugby.

I understand that various fans have a connection to both. And we don't want SCENES. 

What about Bristol City FC references?.. Are they allowed?..

Would anyone be asking for Bristol Rugby references if they were still playing at the Mem??...

9 hours ago, RumRed said:

What's this thread?

In summary I guess

I hope you know what Andoulleitte is fella....that's either very clever or a surreal mistake ;-)

Having said that...having seen the muck the majority of English folk stick down their throat without ever thinking about it, and the size they are, spilling out of their 'Disability' scooters outside of Greggs and Weatherspoons...then I'm happy to be more discerning....it's one of my biggest gripes about our society.

• -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

had Andoulleitte  many times only in France and Belgium(f in Belgiums(another story)) love Tapas off next week to enjoy a few days more. 1 euro 50 for a small beer and a small plate of food. Heaven.

my favourite quail's egg on bacon on Spanish bread with a glass of red wine for €1.50

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Well aware of andoulleitte, however I prefer tripe, far easier to spell for a start! ;)

4 hours ago, cider head said:

As said before the pub/bar would be open to all who wish to use it and not an S82 project this is why it is a must a door enterance is fitted via the car park, the bar/pub is said to add to current facilities at Ashton gate but also help to replace what some fans feel they have lost and it will give fans more choice.

The rugby club can use it but it has to be said it will be a dedicated Bristol city football club decor orientated and let's be fair there are many fans who support both rugby and football so it should not be a problem and also Bristol rugby are to get a dedecated area in the new lansdown stand which I feel won't get taken up or down for matches of each sport, likewise this new Atyeo bar/pub.

Adding to the choice the supporters club and trust are to move back to their old dolman bar space which free's up premium space at the south stand end for all the cooperate, hospitality and party functions which eases all the up and down time to these areas.

These new areas have been asked for since the old supporters club went from the old Williams stand so this is nothing new or an S82 demand and also speaking to many I know sat in the old A block dolman say they are missing the old facilities within short distance to their seats i.e. The old dolman bar and Harry's bar which is now said to be a concourse of unappealing empty space, no chairs or tables or a homely feel to it.

The club will not be handing over the space persay for free as I am sure they will still have a say on what is sold and would take money from the bar, this is more a project for a fans bar/pub area to get those involved in the decor and giving a missing piece back to Ashton gate.

When the first meetings appeared about the redevelopment the questions were asked "how can we get fans out of the pubs and off the park wall from buying in the local off licence" and all this was given back then long before S82 and in those meetings the sports bar and grill was supposed to be the new Wedlock bar? But it was said give the fans a reasonable price on food and drink and some areas that reflect the mood, feel and ambience of some of the pubs of north and west street and fans will come and drink early at Ashton gate,, that said the car park area and sports bar and grill is ok (I like some of the bands that play) and it is suited to a fair group of fans but all we are asking is for this last small bit to finish it off for all types of supporters and we are almost there..

Interested to hear that the Dolman supporters bar is to be reopened, where is the access to that now?

I would be surprised if the guys who drink on the wall will go in the bar, I've always assumed they like the fresh air (so they can smoke), and the cheapish prices of the off licence (or BYO).

Are you expecting the drinks prices to be lower or the same as the existing bar prices?

I have read a number of times that anyone and everyone is welcome to contribute ideas to this facility, I was wondering how many people attend the meetings with the club as I have to confess I've never seen a meeting advertised?

Personally I would like to see a Lions mark 2, I only go in for the occasional pint on a match day, but the way the place is decorated is spot on.

16 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

one day somebody like Jamie Oliver will boil a turd in his own piss and people will say they enjoy it, it seems to be the world that we live in.

Just out of interest, how long should I boil it for?

Any guidance hugely appreciated.

8 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Just out of interest, how long should I boil it for?

Any guidance hugely appreciated.

A very good question, you need to consider weight 20 minutes per 500g plus 20 minutes rare 30 minutes medium and 40 minutes well done after this time remove the stool and keep warm reduce the piss add cornflour to thicken and enjoy 

1 hour ago, Countryfile said:

Interested to hear that the Dolman supporters bar is to be reopened, where is the access to that now?

I would be surprised if the guys who drink on the wall will go in the bar, I've always assumed they like the fresh air (so they can smoke), and the cheapish prices of the off licence (or BYO).

Are you expecting the drinks prices to be lower or the same as the existing bar prices?

I have read a number of times that anyone and everyone is welcome to contribute ideas to this facility, I was wondering how many people attend the meetings with the club as I have to confess I've never seen a meeting advertised?

Personally I would like to see a Lions mark 2, I only go in for the occasional pint on a match day, but the way the place is decorated is spot on.

I think the members of the supporters club and trust may have more of an update about the Dolman bar.

As for expected lower prices not really expecting anything just stating the obvious to the question that was put to us about how to get more fans in to Ashton gate before kick off using the facilities and certain ambiance and prices do help, although the odd drinks promotion wouldn't go  amiss and that's for all over the ground.

Agreed with the three lions deccor as it does strike up conversations when looking at the pictures and quotes on the walls. 

The meetings do get advertised on this forum from time to time for those interested.

24 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

So if the bar is take up about half the space then either the police/stewards or groundsman / maintenance will have to be accommodated elsewhere. Anyone know where? Is 65 Ashton Rd likely to be retained or is it still due to be demolished?

Think the police are going in the building between the Lansdown and the Atyeo and the groundsman and his mower have space in the Lansdown 

• Admin
18 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

@Dollymarie @Blagdon red Any news on Dolman bar aka SC&T bar? 

For what it's worth, I think that if we can get skittles teams in again (guaranteed revenue twice a week if not more), darts teams and offer up Atyeo bar for rental for informal parties/gatherings etc, I think it would make money easily.

Very achievable, in the club I am on the committee with in WSM, we've just had an additional skittle alley built.

Basically it's dropped into the floor, which is then covered when not in use - think Rising Sun has something similar too 

Archived