IGNORED

Reading Away - Walking back to the train station

Fat Cigar

8 hours ago, tommytank1985 said:

54 bath road mate? 

About a mile walk into the town centre itself if that, plenty of pubs. Plenty of bus stops will cost you £2 into the centre, if you did that just stay on the 26 (yellow bus) until you get to the sainsbury's in the town centre then get off and you are on the pub highstreet and right next door to the station so either get a shuttle bus or taxi from there on

You could even make a stop about 200 metres down the road from where you are staying at the southcote beefeater, decent food and drink :) its on the right hand side of the ride as you walk towards the city centre, its well labeled so you can't really miss it

On 11/20/2016 at 19:38, CityFarAndWide said:

I have even been turned away from going to these pubs on return from city games due to me wearing colours or whatever silly excuse they throw my way. 

I can vouch for this! On the night before the opening day of this season I got stuck in Reading for an hour while train hopping from an event in Woking back to Bristol. To say they are petty about football colours is an understatement.

I got refused at the Oakford (opposite the Three Guineas - which had already closed) for wearing a Portugal track jacket. "What club is that?" she asked, "You'll have to take it off if you want to go inside". I explained it was just a country (she didn't look the brightest) and asked if Reading had suddenly become some hotbed of anti-Portuguese sentiment. She insisted "Sorry, those are the rules, no football tops". I started to explain that they probably had something else in mind, when I remembered I had a Bristol City polo shirt on underneath. I took off the jacket, explained we played in the same division as Reading, and before you know it "Actually, I think you better put the jacket back on and go inside. Sorry, it's my first day".

Archived