IGNORED

Loans , best way to bring in quality .

Major Isewater

So we signed Tomlin after à loan spell here, there is a small but real chance that we could bring Tammy in on a permanent deal, is this the best way to improve our playing staff ?

I believe that for City it is very positive, players will give us a chance as it is just à loan but when they get here they see what is happening, feel the love and want to stay.

Anyone think Tomlin or Abraham had us down on their shortlist as a club to play for ? 

Morning Major...I think any future loans will be done with the intention of hopefully signing.

SL spoke recently of his dislike of Loans.

Plus LJ has again reiterated that we want to develop players and give them a chance. And that recruitment will be the key over the next transfer windows.

I can see the Club trying to make more permanent moves with the intention of development, rather than bringing loans in for the eventual long term benefit of other clubs. We are trying to get away from short term benefit.

Maybe we will get a couple older heads coming in...but the majority will be younger with a view to improving.

55 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

So we signed Tomlin after à loan spell here, there is a small but real chance that we could bring Tammy in on a permanent deal, is this the best way to improve our playing staff ?

I believe that for City it is very positive, players will give us a chance as it is just à loan but when they get here they see what is happening, feel the love and want to stay.

Anyone think Tomlin or Abraham had us down on their shortlist as a club to play for ? 

I think the Tammy deal has possibly opened the clubs eyes to a possible link-up with Chelsea & to us getting a few of their potential stars with the hope of doing what we've done with Tammy & who knows where that can lead to, it sounds like it's definitely opened his eyes to how good the club is & if he doesn't get a look in at Chelsea we could be in with a possibility of signing him although that will depend on what division we are in as I've no doubt there will be a long queue of Premier League & foreign suitors but we are in a much better position to sign him than if we hadn't got him in on loan so in that regards it is advantageous.

It's worked with Tomlin & Matthews (to an extent) so is definitely a good option & it would start to come down to how the club develops & if we need the loan signings more than the loan signings need us, if you get what I mean?

I think you're overstating the 'see what is happening, feel the love' thing. In certain circumstances, like Tomlin, it may be a factor amongst other conditions. Generally though, players will go to the highest bidder. Tomlin will be on a very good wage, no matter how much he enjoyed his loan he wouldn't be here for £5000 a week.

It's a factor for long term playing staff - managers - and possibly younger players from abroad (Magnusson) who need to be educated before a permenant move. Generally though, if the point is about players of better quality than our side coming here after a loan because they enjoyed it, I don't think it's that much of a factor. I get the impression Matthews came here as a bit of a last resort, really he'd rather be playing for Sunderland where he's got a better chance of playing for Wales. Realistically, Abraham's future won't be here either no matter how much he enjoys it. 

It's a good way for a short term boost - stave off relegation or to get us over the line when competing for promotion - but I think the club would rather we develop our own talent. With the changes in loan rules we can't rely on them nearly as much now either.

Archived