IGNORED

Shawn McCoulsky

alexukhc

11 minutes ago, Robin 101 said:

Would have liked him  to go to league 2 ideally but should be a good experience and hopefully he keeps banging the goals in

I believe loans are forbidden outside of the transfer window for League clubs .

However , his loan is just til mid January which could see him at a higher placed club to continue his development.

Looking positive though .

Keep up the good work Shawn .

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

However , his loan is just til mid January which could see him at a higher placed club to continue his development.

Ahh of course, fair enough then. Better than U23 any day

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Plymouth after this maybe.. be good for him to go into a side full of confidence 

A league up from his last loan only a couple months ago. Clearly too good for the development team but not quite ready for our first team. A loan until mid January to a conference side is ideal. If he continues scoring for them then we can see about a L2 loan but worst case is he gets some men's football until January and maybe it's extended at Torquay for the year. Either way, it'll benefit him largely. Wouldn't be surprised if he was one of four strikers for the first team next season(Engvall, Wilbs(why not?), McCoulskey and a new signing). 

6 hours ago, jambodinho said:

Torquay will be the 3rd club he's played for this season so we can't loan him out to a 4th after he returns from Torquay can we? He only played in the cup for us so maybe the rule is you can only play for 3 teams in one season in league competition. Anyone know the rules 

Good point is it different for appearances for non league teams ?

19 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he was one of four strikers for the first team next season(Engvall, Wilbs(why not?), McCoulskey and a new signing). 

Dear god I hope not.... Love Wilbs and whilst yes he can still be relied upon now for the odd cameo, I'd rather we find a striker similar to him fighting for 90 minutes every week. As for McCoulskey, an exciting youngster yes, but unless he does really well with Torquay, then earns a loan to a league club in January and does well there, I sincerely hope he isn't one of our main strikers next year. We're trying to build a winning team here and those as 3 of our 4 strikers wouldn't exactly scream promotion.

Hope he does well down here though, I only live in Paignton so might pop over and see how he's getting on! Have 2 home games in 3 days so I expect he'll get some game time!

23 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Plymouth after this maybe.. be good for him to go into a side full of confidence 

Guess that depends if Garita's loan is extended or he comes back?

I'd guess LJ's mate Darren Way at Yeovil might sway a more there?

6 hours ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

Dear god I hope not.... Love Wilbs and whilst yes he can still be relied upon now for the odd cameo, I'd rather we find a striker similar to him fighting for 90 minutes every week. As for McCoulskey, an exciting youngster yes, but unless he does really well with Torquay, then earns a loan to a league club in January and does well there, I sincerely hope he isn't one of our main strikers next year. We're trying to build a winning team here and those as 3 of our 4 strikers wouldn't exactly scream promotion.

Hope he does well down here though, I only live in Paignton so might pop over and see how he's getting on! Have 2 home games in 3 days so I expect he'll get some game time!

I would hope we've got better than Wilbraham next year but if he's around that's fine as well. We are trying to build a winning squad but we're also trying to build the club. McCoulskey seems the best and most ready prospect of the U23 and that pathway needs to be there. If he's around the squad next year(doesn't mean starting or even on the bench most games) that only benefits the entire club. We as fans tend to be shortsighted but the club is thinking 3-4 years in advance in top of the present time. 

He's being outshone by the other loanee at the moment. Kieffer Moore has become their top scorer and scored over 20% of their goals in two games, 1 on Saturday and a hat trick last night. 

Mccoulsky got 25 minutes on Saturday, replacing Nathan Blisset :) . He got a further 13 minutes last night after they were already 3-0 up. 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

He's being outshone by the other loanee at the moment. Kieffer Moore has become their top scorer and scored over 20% of their goals in two games, 1 on Saturday and a hat trick last night. 

Mccoulsky got 25 minutes on Saturday, replacing Nathan Blisset :) . He got a further 13 minutes last night after they were already 3-0 up. 

Kieffer is playing for the club he loves, he would take a significant decrease in pay to join them permanently I'm told, but it all depends on finances with Torquay

Archived